Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Panthera Alt Fire is still broken. Please fix soon (XBOX)

(XBOX)Ivan of Jupiter

Seems like the fire rate is bugged. It’ll take a full minute to consume ammo, unmodded. DPS doesn’t feel in line with other Beam archetypes. 

This was an issue I brought up when the Beam Weapon Rework hit consoles, but it has yet to be addressed. 

The stats don’t jive with what was listed in the patch notes either. So not only is it bugged, but also misleading.

Also people have shown that there is indeed nothing wrong with the Panthera... on PC. Perhaps this is an XBOX issue? Or maybe you guys have a patch that we don’t have yet? I haven’t seen anything regarding the Panthera since the Beam Rework however... which we do have on console.

Video Evidence: 

Edited by (XB1)Ivan of Jupiter

uh i just checked the beam weapons rework page panthera isn't in there so idk what your going on about beam archetypes with a weapon that shoots saw blades so maybe your imagining things unless you mean the primary weapon reworks if so it only got its status upped to 24% from 20% and its crit upped to 12% from 10% 

1 minute ago, seprent said:

uh i just checked the beam weapons rework page panthera isn't in there so idk what your going on about beam archetypes with a weapon that shoots saw blades so maybe your imagining things unless you mean the primary weapon reworks if so it only got its status upped to 24% from 20% and its crit upped to 12% from 10% 

The alt fire holds a spinning sawblade in front of the weapon, which apparently works enough like a beam weapon that it can use Sinister Reach and Combustion Beam, two mods typically reserved for beam weapons.

Anyway, the weapon's fire rate is listed as 2, which does feel a little low.

Just now, MercuryDjinni said:

The alt fire holds a spinning sawblade in front of the weapon, which apparently works enough like a beam weapon that it can use Sinister Reach and Combustion Beam, two mods typically reserved for beam weapons.

Anyway, the weapon's fire rate is listed as 2, which does feel a little low.

uh try speed trigger or maybe the alt fire has a set fire rate or possibly it behaves using beam weapon ammo consumption ( .5 per 1 sec ) maybe that's why you feel its slow not really sure how to fix your problem i've yet to use the panthera and could have sworn the panthera fire rate was 3 

2 hours ago, seprent said:

Panthera (Alt Fire Only)
Damage 100 Physical
Fire Rate 2
Range 6m from 5m
1 ammo consumed per hit
*Please note that Ammo will be consumed when hitting surfaces other than enemies at the moment. We are aware and will fix as soon as we can!

Mastery Rank 10-12

working as expected to me.

and if we compare to a clip i made before Panthera got fixed after the Continuous Weapon adjustments:

this ofcourse includes after Damage 'warm up' was added, and i didn't 'warm up' before starting to hit the Enemy. (deals literally the same DPS as before it got fixed if i do 'warm up' first, though)
same Loadout, still built entirely for Primary Fire rather than optimizing Alt Fire.
4GdBuGD.png

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

and if we compare to a clip i made before Panthera got fixed after the Continuous Weapon adjustments:

this ofcourse includes after Damage 'warm up' was added, and i didn't 'warm up' before starting to hit the Enemy. (deals literally the same DPS as before it got fixed if i do 'warm up' first, though)
same Loadout, still built entirely for Primary Fire rather than optimizing Alt Fire.
4GdBuGD.png

Perhaps this is a issue on XBOX only? Or maybe MY Panthera is broken and I need to make a new one? Not exactly looking forward to the hours of grind, build and leveling it takes to make it good...

Edit: I’m going to see if I can cap some footage and try and put a link. This is obviously an issue that needs to be further researched.

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

4GdBuGD.png

Tested with an unmodded Panthera. Didn’t want anything to muddy up the results. My test wasn’t so much testing out it’s damage functionality, it’s to showcase that, at least on XBOX, something is indeed wrong with the Panthera. I apologize in advance for the shoddiness of the video. I had to use my phone and the controller at the same time, but even still. It takes roughly an entire minute for the Panthera Alt Fire to use a single ammo.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Ivan of Jupiter said:

It takes roughly an entire minute for the Panthera Alt Fire to use a single ammo.

hmm, i can't reproduce that on PC so yes i'd guess Console only.

btw, both the XB1 and PS4 have Video Recording, Streaming, and Sharing features built in - if those help you record things and share them easier/faster (i assume they do).

Edited by taiiat

5 minutes ago, taiiat said:

hmm, i can't reproduce that on PC so yes i'd guess Console only.

btw, both the XB1 and PS4 have Video Recording, Streaming, and Sharing features built in - if those help you record things and share them easier/faster (i assume they do).

XBOX is stingy and doesn’t make it easy to do so. I can capture bits, but can’t share them to anything outside of XBOX. I tried. If there’s a way to do it, I’m not willing to figure that out at 4:30 in the morning. But I got it done anyway lol.

But yeah I think I’ll try and put a notice somewhere in the bug section if it’s not happening on PC.