Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Necessary To Have Kills Score Ranking?

Parinirvana

Dear WF forum,

Do you ever get ridiculed by your teammates when you are playing a certain "spamming 4 to kill" and your teammates just threaten you in chat? Or they want you to stop using it because they don't want you to "steal" all the kills in a PvE game?

Personally, I don't give a single F about the my kills rank, but there are some people who, like one of my last teammates in a random Xini run who uses a Trinity with a Snipetron Vandal that wants me to stop spamming my 4 key on my Rhino because he/she wants kills. How do we fix this??

Remove kills ranking. This would solve all those issues of "OMG you got 500 kills as a Nova while i get 30 kills as a Loki!!!" 

This also enable us to play our favorite Frame the way we want to play without being universally hated by our teammates. Ex: playing as Nova to level weapons faster, teammates hero camping, you are the only one near pod, 10 Toxic ancients, you died while defending, they came back, kill the Ancients, teabag you, let you to die, and said on chat "All planned."

Really? I play as a Nova or Rhina or Saryn to help the mission go faster. My intention isn't to get kills, I would be happy if you use Nova or Rhino in my game, so I can get XP faster. 

Please community, what do you think about Kills ranking? Do you think remove it completely would solve the "OMG NERF 4 PLEASE" problem?

I just tell them kills don't matter, we're all getting the Affinity. Plus I also say that I'm not spamming any ability, as I use it maybe once every 5 waves to deal with the trash mobs so we can focus on the tougher ones.

If they still complain, I stop using it and watch as they wish I was using my ultimate.

Anyway, I agree the kills section should be removed. It's been hammered into our minds through other modern games that kills matter, no matter what game it is. When it comes to Warframe and it is clearly not the case, people attribute kills to having an e-peen anyway.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Dear WF forum,

Do you ever get ridiculed by your teammates when you are playing a certain "spamming 4 to kill" and your teammates just threaten you in chat? Or they want you to stop using it because they don't want you to "steal" all the kills in a PvE game?

Personally, I don't give a single F about the my kills rank, but there are some people who, like one of my last teammates in a random Xini run who uses a Trinity with a Snipetron Vandal that wants me to stop spamming my 4 key on my Rhino because he/she wants kills. How do we fix this??

Remove kills ranking. This would solve all those issues of "OMG you got 500 kills as a Nova while i get 30 kills as a Loki!!!" 

This also enable us to play our favorite Frame the way we want to play without being universally hated by our teammates. Ex: playing as Nova to level weapons faster, teammates hero camping, you are the only one near pod, 10 Toxic ancients, you died while defending, they came back, kill the Ancients, teabag you, let you to die, and said on chat "All planned."

Really? I play as a Nova or Rhina or Saryn to help the mission go faster. My intention isn't to get kills, I would be happy if you use Nova or Rhino in my game, so I can get XP faster. 

Please community, what do you think about Kills ranking? Do you think remove it completely would solve the "OMG NERF 4 PLEASE" problem?

Key to success: Don't give a f#@%! I don't listen to other people, except my friends. I play how I play. Sometimes I have more kills than everyone else, sometimes I'm far behind the last one. Doesn't matter at all.

The fact that people want kills, kills and more kills might have something to do with how the pace of everything goes...

Think about it: I want more kills, so I'm gonna rush in and shoot the Hek out of everything(hurrhurr), grab my energy and throw whatever I can at the Grineer. The same doesn't apply to defense, though, because defense isn't a rush to try and get through a mission - to me, it seems more like it would be: "I don't care, as long as this thing doesn't get swamped and destroyed."

I don't think the kill "score" - I guess count would be a better word - is going to be departing anytime soon. If I wasn't worried about getting kills, I'd be on my Trinity or Loki. But killing is fun, so I play an Ash.

You spam your ultimate? You make the game boring. That's easy as is.

Even with Trinity or Loki. Whoo hoo, everything is slow and chasing me with a baton... whoo hoo, I am invincible for 20 seconds. Such fun.

Ultimates in general are boring when spammed, it removes the fun of the game. That doesn't mean kill ranking should be removed. Just ultimates and skills shouldn't count.

Edited by Hayden11121

Personally I look at damage output more than kills because that is what really matters in the long haul.

I couldn't give 2 craps about how many fluff chargers and lancers you killed but if you can put out enough damage to take down high level heavy units easily then you do deserve that high percentage of damage output.

Thank you for your opinions guys! I know I should play the way I want, but I do think this is a co-op game, so getting along with teammates, and help each other out is a part of that experience. I would see what my team play style is (rush, explore) and play with them, I believe it's more fun that way, plus I could make a friend or too. It just saddens me to see a person who may be a possible friend would turn against me because I use a certain frame.

AND if it was removed what would happen to the kill ranks that people grinding so hard for. All their effort would just be useless?

DE could give them some type of exclusive rewards for their ranks. I mean if you play from CBT till now, your rank would be pretty high compre to someone like me who joined a few months ago.

I also personally believe that Nova is there to save players time to get to a high level defense mission to challenge ourselves. With MP, we could get to a challenging level quicker than ever before. Getting to wave 30+ would make it more fun for players who want challenge "quicker."

Why make Nova another Saryn or Rhino? Is this game all about kills?

No, definitely NO! 
Kill count is my personal achievement. I like to watch how much enemies i kill. Your issue is not with the statistics it's your problem with people. 

But i'll agree on one thing. Spamming abilities to get kills is a bad idea. As a dude that prefers gunplay to skill spamming i am really upset about Warframes current direction in making new frames with abilities (Nova). 

Never had anyone whine about kills. I did have one dude who was spawn killing because he wanted to get as many kills as possible to rank up his new weapon. I simply told him to go play solo if he wanted all the kills. He abandoned a few seconds latter. I guess he hadn't thought of that.

I agree and disagree.

I agree kill stats primarily end of session are a major reason why people spam ult.

If players did not know what the outcome was they would not be concerned as much about being first.

I disagree with the need to use fangs to rush about the defense map like a monkey on amphetamines to make sure you ult a mob before anyone else does.

Sticking with in a reasonable radius of the group and using an ult when it is necessary is far safer for mission success and much higher chance of being revived than being off in a spawn tunnel being gassed by a mob toxic infested.

I also personally believe that Nova is there to save players time to get to a high level defense mission to challenge ourselves. With MP, we could get to a challenging level quicker than ever before. Getting to wave 30+ would make it more fun for players who want challenge "quicker."

Why make Nova another Saryn or Rhino? Is this game all about kills?

And what this game is about for you? 

For me it's shooting / killing / joy of upgrading and experimenting with new guns and MODS and then putting them to action. 

Is there anything else that i am missing that you find enjoyable in this game? 

Anyone who complains at me about ultimate spam in defense, be it endless or mobile, is going to get A) called an idiot, and B) ignored. As long as I am close enough to the pod/panel that affinity and drops are being easily shared with the team I do not believe you have a valid complaint. I'm there to clear waves in the most efficient way possible for mods, resources, affinity and or wave rewards. If this is a problem for you, perhaps a private group, or a different mission type is in order.

And what this game is about for you? 

For me it's shooting / killing / joy of upgrading and experimenting with new guns and MODS and then putting them to action. 

Is there anything else that i am missing that you find enjoyable in this game? 

Erm well, parkour is at the top of my list, before killing :P

Edited by CubedOobleck

What if the leaderboards were a compound score the utilized damage done, number of kills and the number of revives you perform on others and that others or you perform on yourself?

Lets say I do 500,000 damage in a round and get 500 kills.  That's 1,000/kill.  Now lets also assume I revived players 3 times and I used 1 of my revives and my squad revived me another 7 times.  So I'd have a -5 revive counter.  So, (1000/kill) / 5 = 200 Compound score.

Now this compound score doesn't get added to your previous leaderboard score like the current kill counts do.  Instead, the compound score gets added to the Compound Total and the division counter is increased by 1

So if you previously had a Compound Total of 1,500,000 and that was from 5,000 missions, you would have already had a 300 Compound Average Leaderboard Score.  Now add that 200 Compound Mission Score and you now have a Compound Average Leaderboard Score of 299.98

Anyone who complains at me about ultimate spam in defense, be it endless or mobile, is going to get A) called an idiot, and B) ignored. As long as I am close enough to the pod/panel that affinity and drops are being easily shared with the team I do not believe you have a valid complaint. I'm there to clear waves in the most efficient way possible for mods, resources, affinity and or wave rewards. If this is a problem for you, perhaps a private group, or a different mission type is in order.

Big question here.  Do you hang out in the door way or the hallway?  If so, you sir A) are an idiot, and B) will be counter trolled.  If not, then I most likely have no problem with you in Defense missions.

I only see Nova become an issue in defense. In other type of missions no one really cares since most of them rush anyway.

But seriously, who plays Xini to have fun? Most of us playing Xini is to rank up weapons and warframes. And the most efficient way to do that is using frames that are designed for mass killing. I don't see how 2-3 people with snipers would go so far to wave 15+. And if you do, that is such a waste of time on such easy mobs. How about we utilize weapons on mobs that are level 100+? Isn't that be more of a challenge? 

People say it's more fun to shoot that spamming 4's, but is it really fun when you use some OP weapons on low levels infested? That's no different that spamming Ult.

I only see Nova become an issue in defense. In other type of missions no one really cares since most of them rush anyway.

But seriously, who plays Xini to have fun? Most of us playing Xini is to rank up weapons and warframes. And the most efficient way to do that is using frames that are designed for mass killing. I don't see how 2-3 people with snipers would go so far to wave 15+. And if you do, that is such a waste of time on such easy mobs. How about we utilize weapons on mobs that are level 100+? Isn't that be more of a challenge? 

People say it's more fun to shoot that spamming 4's, but is it really fun when you use some OP weapons on low levels infested? That's no different that spamming Ult.

Yea it is.

I don't have to aim an ultimate at the head.

/thread