The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe I'm Crazy? - A Nyx Revist

(PSN)thefallenloser

Bit of a long read, but so far I like what everyone is suggesting here.
I'll probably throw in my 2 cents when I have a bit more time but for now, with the reveal of "Vlad," I just want DE to publicly acknowledge the current state of Nyx and if they have any plans to rework her sometime soon.
At the moment all we've got to go on, and I'm paraphrasing here, is " We're always looking at frames, and how to improve them" -Someone on one of the recent Devstreams

But anyways, good thread so far. I'll come back later with some more ideas.

On 2018-05-03 at 7:55 AM, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Lose Yourself - The Nyx Revisit

Very good ideas on whole. Here is some feedback:

Passive : Relinquish

I like this way more than the current passive, which is extremely uncreative to say the least (first they give Loki a Chaos equivalent, then they give Nyx an unreliable Disarm).

I also like the idea by @HolySeraphin.

Passive (Fleeting Thought): Nyx is a master of the mind, enemies have reduced detection radius (50%) and Nyx is considered as a low priority target, which means she´s less likely to be target by enemies while in a squad.

When her passive first came out, I proposed something a little similar: Enemies in a cone in front of Nyx get reduced accuracy when attacking her.

1st : Mind Control

I like where this is going. Given how enemy EHP and damage scale though, the armor bonus for the base ability is nice but probably not necessary. I rarely see mind-controlled targets die fast to enemy fire, especially at higher levels.

The proposed augment is much better than what we currently have, and I like the concept, but I am skeptical for the following reason: It requires direct aiming and holding which means that you can probably do more damage to the target with the same effort by shooting it instead, even considering the damage bonus.

I would suggest something more CC-based, since it will scale better in the long run. Move the armor bonus (or damage reduction buff) proposed for the base ability to the augment. Give the target a "taunt" effect that forces all enemies in a radius (affected by range) to attack it. Chaos is not always completely reliable, and this will give Nyx a way to draw aggro away from an overwhelmed teammate regardless of enemy level.

(NEW) 2nd : Psychic Bolts

I'm a little worried that this overlaps too much with Assimilate (although this does provide a good alternative for tanking without Assimilate, so that slot could be used for something else). Radiation procs are also unnecessary since we already have Chaos (this is what makes Psychic Bolts as it currently stands problematic).

dealing damage will a 100% chance to proc blast status.

The following is completely personal, but I suspect I'm not the only one: As someone who prefers guns to melee, I really dislike blast procs as a form of CC. Enemies that unexpectedly drop from under your cross-hairs are hard to shoot and harder to headshot. This is why I almost never use Firequake on Ember despite running her solo against lvl 100+ enemies. I would rate hard-CC in the following order: target frozen (e.g. Harrows's Chains, Vauban's Bastille) > target stationary but flails (e.g. Ember's WoF without augment, Nyx's Pacifying Bolts) > knockdown.

I would recommend keeping your mechanics for the augment, but replacing blast with the "stun" effect currently used for pacifying bolts or with another debuff. If the "stun" from Pacifying Bolts is kept though, is has to be fixed/modified so it is not longer cancelled by impact procs and the like.

3rd : Chaos

Agree that it does not need much change. The proposed charging mechanic is nice, but we can already recast the ability. One thing I'd like to see is making re-casting refresh Chaos on targets that are already affected, rather than just applying it to new targets and those on whom the effect has expired.

(NEW) Augment - Controlled Chaos

I love this idea, especially the one-handed part. Thank you!

4th : Absorb

Any survivors will go insane...

Certainly a direction I like, although I would personally not mind doing away with reflected damage altogether and instead making the absorbed damage charge up the debuff that is applied at the end (something like this was suggested recently by @GuilmonPrime, among others). If you propose a chance to mind-control surviving enemies upon deactivation, it would be cool if the amount of damage you absorb increases the chance of enemies getting mind-controlled. Alternatively, I would not mind making the ability stun enemies upon deactivation, with the range being proportional to the damage absorbed. One thing I would really appreciate is making Absorb force all enemies in range to attack Nyx, rather than the very unreliable "threat increase" we currently get. We can make this not carry over to Assimilate (people could still use a melee with Guardian Derision with Assimilate though). This will make the ability worth using with and without the augment: pure tanking + debuffing without augment to keep your team safe while letting them do the damage versus terminator mode where you are mostly safe and can deal damage but your teammates can still get hurt.