Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Vex Armor Bugged?

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

Maybe it’s just me but I feel that the vex armor no longer works the way it should. I know DE nerfed it due the teralyst being so easily killed(wish they didn’t cause the tridolons are a pain), but I feel like more than intended was done. 

Like I've used chroma and know a guy who loved Chroma after he learned how OP he was. Before the nerf I noticed a huge increase in the damage when vex armor is fully used(damage to health with short ranged glaive P), but now it’s like the buff is gone even though the numbers are there. I don’t see a difference at all in the damage with it on or off. In fact it seems other players are doing more damage with other warframes. My roaring rhino feels like he is more powerful than chroma. 

This is most noticeable when I fight the tridolons. As the damage buff isn’t making a difference for me. Other players with same weapons and build are doing a much better job.

Am I doing something wrong? What am I missing? And please no theories. I need experienced/elite chroma users to tell me. Otherwise it is just pure theories instead of possibilities. 

Chroma's Vex armor damage only affects weapon base damage before mods. So, use something with a high base damage rather than a fast firing weapon. As for his armor, pretty sure the eidolons actually ignore most damage reductions, so that could be why he feels a bit too squishy.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

I know DE nerfed it due the teralyst being so easily killed(wish they didn’t cause the tridolons are a pain), but I feel like more than intended was done.

Actually it was more of a Fix as the Vex Armor's formula was broken since he was launched and [DE] never prioritized fixing it so players ended up spoiled.

He still One-Shots Eidolon weak spots so there is no reasons to complain.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Actually it was more of a Fix as the Vex Armor's formula was broken since he was launched and [DE] never prioritized fixing it so players ended up spoiled.

He still One-Shots Eidolon weak spots so there is no reasons to complain.

Well for one, I’m not “complaining”. I’m asking “WHAT... AM... I... DOING... WRONG”. Cause I’m NOT one shotting the weak spots at all. Nor are a few other guys I know. So again, what am I missing?

And second, you can call it a fix or a nerf, I don’t care, but that’s not the point. My point is that the buff hasn’t done much to increase the damage for me and I have my power strength up to 270% and nearly killing myself to use it. So what am I NOT doing that everybody else IS doing? Is there a specific weapon? Is there a specific spot on the weak spots that I need to hit? What is it. 

You may have commented on the post but you didn’t answer the questions. It’s like they just went through one eye socket and out the other. So please try again.

1 hour ago, Harper said:

Chroma's Vex armor damage only affects weapon base damage before mods. So, use something with a high base damage rather than a fast firing weapon. As for his armor, pretty sure the eidolons actually ignore most damage reductions, so that could be why he feels a bit too squishy.

The weapons are confusing to use. I know his ability affects weapon damage as I’m constantly having to remind people that over and over. But it’s like there is some catch that the game didn’t mention. I’ve been looking on the internet to see if there is some trick to it. I’ve seen some people use the exact same weapon as me but they do a whole lot more damage with a non damage buffing warframe. For eidolons I use high radiation and critical damage damage but it’s like they have no effect. I’m gonna keep trying out weapons until I figure out what I’m missing but I wish somebody knew what it was. Like I’ve used weapons that did more damage than the other but it is weaker when used on the eidolons even though their weaknesses are the same. I’ve used the opticor, the vectis, the lanka, even up close with a tigris and arca plasmor. But nothing changed.

So what is everybody else using/doing that I’m not?