Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arca Plasmor and Corinth - Shotgun RoF or Reload speed

Canach

Question

My Corinth is not yet L30, and I am planning Arca Plasmor next. Any thoughts on the effectiveness of increasing Reload Speed vs. increasing Rate of Fire?

• Arca Plasmor has 1.1 RoF, 2.8s reload, 10 round mag
  • Corinth has 1.17 RoF, 2.3s reload, 5 round mag (auto-reloads partial mags)

Thanks!  :redveil:

Edited by Canach

4 answers to this question

For the Arca Plasmor specifically, I can see it benefiting more than the Corinth from Reload Speed, but both shotguns can benefit from using RoF mods like Shotgun Spazz or Accelerated Blast. RoF increase gives you higher Burst DPS, but reload speed gives you higher Sustained DPS, it really depends whether you want bursts of damage faster, or more consistent overall damage per second.

I personally use Accelerated Blast on my Corinth, because of the benefit of added Puncture damage (which is the Corinth's main Physical damage type), and that 60% fire rate I find is very useful for follow up shots, making up for the lack of innate punch on it. It's easy enough to reload a few shells rather quickly, and fire them off relatively quick as well. At least for me, that's what I'm used to.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Both are a bit slow for RoF and the reload is sort of meh. I really enjoy Chilling Reload for stuff I want to speed up the reloading of shotguns since it's both strong with some elemental damage, decent reload speed buff, and a max rank cost of only 5. Accelerated Blast on the Corinth is fine for the primary fire, but honestly i'm gunna suggest staying away from the RoF mods and work with the Reload Speed mods instead for them. Once you've gotten used to the shotguns, you'll find their natural rhythm pretty easily being almost identical in that regard. The reload speed you'll feel though, and if you're using the Chilling Reload, you'll even get some extra elemental damage out of it on top of it.