Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Higher Invisible Ceilings, Less Out-Of-Bounds Resets

NinjaZeku

I think some "open air" tiles could stand to be a bit more generous in how far up they allow you to go,
not just because of Zephyr Prime (though that's a good enough reason IMO), even Parkour 2.0 can mean trouble.

Ones that spring to mind are Corpus Gas City tiles having sometimes surprisingly low OOB ceilings
(replace instances like these with higher, invisible ceilings if possible plskthx),
or e.g. the big open Corpus Defense / Interception map (not the one with the "hole" in the middle)
having you hit an invisible (not-OOB, thankfully) ceiling a bit too easily, especially right over the central platform.

Then there's also kind of the flipside, where certain pits are quite over-eager in OOB-ing you
even though, with Parkour 2.0 / other mobility options, you actually could still (or even did) make it out of there.

Or, something I guess many ol' Draco fiends might remember (I resisted temptation for a long time lol),
there's a spot at Interception point C, between the pipes, that for no good reason OOBs you.

Lastly (for now), this one's very much a bug actually (I would assume / hope),
in one of the Corpus Ice Planet Extraction tiles, in a spot where you'll often find a Syndicate Medallion,
you can very easily run into an OOB reset trigger if you go even just a step beyond that Medallion spawn point:

Spoiler

N31oSVw.jpg

So ... yeah, what do y'all think, is this something worth spending time and effort to change / fix,
do you have further (maybe even worse) examples, or is this fine and I'm just a big baby?

Any response is welcome.

Edited by NinjaZeku

Makes sense.  We've moved on from the sometimes available zoren-copter to the always available bullet jump, and a number of tiles have places that you should be able to get to (because there are containers up there), without having to skirt an exceptionally low invisible ceiling (mars ruins being the most obvious).

Also there's standing near some water in the plains while in operator, giving you a fade to black, without even repositioning you.  Though I'm guessing that's just another thing about operator-host interactions that's a mess (like how if there's any lag, activating operator can send me several hundred meters back to where I was previously).

Edited by polarity

Very yes. To be honest, I'd prefer as few reset points as conceivably possible.

That feeling when you jump too high or fall too far, wind up on the ground without any active abilities, and get insta-killed before you can react...

Reading the "invisible ceilings" I thought this is about Plains of Eidolon which have a weird ceiling which allows Archwing to fly up on certain height with afterburner but then pushes significantly lower if flying on lower speed. And also seems to repeat terrain in shape, which makes handling Archwing around hills rather uncomfortable.

Would be great to see adjustments to tiles in time.

Lots of new ones with lots of neat aspects to them, so I'm curious about the schedule for the ongoing work on tiles, as I figure its something the devs will continue to work on.