Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necro's Design Stands Out (Too Much)

Blackchaosvortex

It looks pretty awful for this game. It doesn't fit the established art style very well.

Well, It puts Nyx and Excalibur's designs to shame, definetely, but that's a good thing.

It's better to get more complex than to continue to be generic.

Not necessarily. One of the best things you can do for your game, especially an online game with multiple characters, is to give every character a simple but distinct silhouette. Having overly complex and convoluted character designs is why people have been mocking games like final fantasy and darksiders for ages.

Edited by DAWGUNITALPHA

Not necessarily. One of the best things you can do for your game, especially an online game with multiple characters, is to give every character a simple but distinct silhouette. Having overly complex and convoluted character designs is why people have been mocking games like final fantasy and darksiders for ages.

What I meant is that it's better for a game that has generic designs to become more complex rather than continuing to be generic. Many of the warframes in the game have incredibly bland artistic styles (Excalibur, Nyx, Loki, Mag), and, to me, a slightly more interesting warframe is certainly welcome.

This design fits what you said perfectly, it's a distinct silhouette. It isn't incredibly over the top, but it is unique and interesting to look at.

Snow., on 14 Aug 2013 - 7:15 PM, said:

Well, it's cool but i dont' know...

I think Volts suit is way more awesome than this one :x

But in the end it's just a matter of taste.

[snip on images]

Actually, you using full jetblack on volt made his suit lose all the visual impact it has, since the black swallowed all the details in his suit. Try the darkest grey in smoke instead (it's the third one on first columm starting from the bottom), or the third one (that one is to the imediate right of jet black on smoke)

Reanimating corpse would be one of the least effective things to do because:

- Many enemies get decapitated, which, unless they are regenerated when reanimated, they won't work for reanimation

- Some enemies will be instantly disintegrated because of things like:

--- Molecular Prime

--- Miasma

--- Acrid

--- World on Fire (?)

Anyway this topic isn't about the powers, so I'll stop digressing here.

Edited by Casardis

darksiders_the_watcher_wallpaper_hd-othe

influence is pretty clear ... why not, but necromantic was always my least favorite theme in games

dont like the Hood Helmet as far as I can see on tghe concept ^^

Are you partially/fully blind? I have no idea how you think that thing looks like NecroFrame.

Further proof warframes are brains in jars

Always a good thing!

I personally love the hood, gives a mysterious look XD 

Awesome design, yet its is just a concept art so far, so I think its too early to judge whether will it suit for theme or no.

But so far so fxxking awesome!!!!

Good Job DE, cant wait to see it in real action!!

What I meant is that it's better for a game that has generic designs to become more complex rather than continuing to be generic. Many of the warframes in the game have incredibly bland artistic styles (Excalibur, Nyx, Loki, Mag), and, to me, a slightly more interesting warframe is certainly welcome.

This design fits what you said perfectly, it's a distinct silhouette. It isn't incredibly over the top, but it is unique and interesting to look at.

Its not though. You remove the colour from that image and it's a pointy mess. You remove the colour from the images of other frames and you can still tell who and what they are.

Its not though. You remove the colour from that image and it's a pointy mess. You remove the colour from the images of other frames and you can still tell who and what they are.

You do realize that this is just concept art, right? Of course it's going to look like a mess compared to the other warframes. This is just hand drawn art. The in-game model will much better resemble the other warframes.

You know what else was detailed? the original Volt concept art! ConceptVoltWarframe.jpg

Every frame is different. Every frame has their own little details. This frame doesn't even look strange to me, considering the trench coat Frost wears and the huge infested shoulder pads on Saryn.

You do realize that this is just concept art, right? Of course it's going to look like a mess compared to the other warframes. This is just hand drawn art. The in-game model will much better resemble the other warframes.

I'd like to point out that the concept that Mynki showed the council and the ingame model are pretty much exact replicas.

So yes, I'm expecting to see necro ingame exactly as was shown.

Well, i for one have no problems at all with it being a pointy mess - that's his thing and how you make him out if he were to me made totally pitch black. It dies have personality and all it needs to be a successful design imo. It was a really fantastic concept that Mynki nailed. That is, again, imo.

Edited by Kynian

He looks good, but also feels like a Second Generation Warframe. The ones before Nova feel like First Generation, and with Nova and Necro... just feels like there's a second one now :L

Might be more Warframes later that have the same awesome design form when the DE come closer to it. Never know what might come up next.

You mean Tenno, right? If you do, that's unfortunate, because Tenno are fairly humanoid if you've ever seen them in a Rescue mission.

You mean the hostages? They aren't Tenno, they're just Lotus operatives. It also sounds like they are getting taken out of the game from what Scott said about changing rescue.

It'll most likely have something to do with the infestation/sentience, most likely something to battle it or create it. So here's hoping for chargers to burst out of grineer chests.

My predictions are for some sort of cloud AOE and an ability to turn a humanoid enemy into an ancient upon killing it. I'd also like some sort of movement/possesion ability, but I'm doubtful that will ever be included in the game.

Yeah I agree the design is awesome, but doesn't give the off that suit feel, maybe it's because it actually has an eye.

But I trust the finished 3D model will feel like a necro warframe, not a straight out undead.

Don't blame this all on DE it's mostly the Council's fault.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAcd_iEgBQkef-Vt3Nnb_fraA9krdRaeh-ZhTt45hgu_YFt908

It'll most likely have something to do with the infestation/sentience, most likely something to battle it or create it. So here's hoping for chargers to burst out of grineer chests.

Considering the Orokin created us to handle the Technocyte weapon during the battle with the Sentience, and Necro will drop from NuGolem, that is a safe bet.