Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Do The Grineer Speak English Or Grineer...ish?

Brimir

This seems like a very conflicting part of the game to me. You have all the Grineer bosses (and the new "propgaganda balloons") speaking their own language and yet the grunts speak English when engaged in combat. This makes no sense to me because

- Seems to me that English is technically the "Tenno language" since Lotus speaks it and we understanding it.

- If you have your own language, why would you shout sensitive combat information in the language of your enemy?

"Combat formation Bravo!"

If anything the chatter between troops in combat should be in Grineer...ish and the boss taunts in "Tenno".

Vor currently speaks the new Grineer language, and it's been said that Grineer troops will be switched to this language in a coming update.

Then we're screwed because we won't know that they are sticking to the walls...!

Seriously though, that'd be awesome. Would make them feel "whole" like the Corpus.

WHO'S THE ROBOT?!

Then we're screwed because we won't know that they are sticking to the walls...!

Seriously though, that'd be awesome. Would make them feel "whole" like the Corpus.

WHO'S THE ROBOT?!

Yeah, it's certainly going to be an interesting transition.

Indeed it will be, and even more confusing.

WHO'S THE ROBOT?!

New Corpus language incoming as well. They stated both in the sound livestream.

Oh yeah and I totally forgot

"Hey, leave my mother out of this..."

That the idle chatter between Grineer troops would be in English almost makes even less sense than their combat communication...

That statement itself makes no sense....if the lore says the Grineer are clones, then they don't really have mothers, right? Doesn't make any sense if they're tank-bred and have mothers.

Edited by RazorTip

That statement itself makes no sense....if the lore says the Grineer are clones, then they don't really have mothers, right? Doesn't make any sense if they're tank-bred and have mothers.

Weeeeell... perhaps they are not aware that they are clones? In order to keep them somewhat sane...er they might be born with false memories

Yes, I believe that we should get translation text in some inobtrusive part of the screen whenever we are in earshot of an alien speaker, but that their spoken tongue should be foreign.

Also, ship computers for Corpus and Grineer (and anyone else) should not utilize Tenno/Lotus voices/language... they should be in the linguistics of the race to which they belong.

Weeeeell... perhaps they are not aware that they are clones? In order to keep them somewhat sane...er they might be born with false memories

Almost like it's one of those... oh, whadjamacallems... jokes.