Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary Onslaught Is Not Endgame

Okay, let's make a bold prediction: Sanctuary Onslaught is the new Defection game type.

...At least if it doesn't change. And change in a fundamental way.

The over arching problem with OS and OSE is that it's an exclusive game type. There is an extremely limited roster of Warframes and Weapons that can reliably get you to round 8, and playing these exact same builds and repeating the exact same motions over and over and over again breeds monotony. The worst part? Most of us are only suffering this game type for exclusive loot; loot that has a criminally low chance of dropping. Which brings me to my biggest issue with OS and OSE:

It's not challenging.

There is no challenge to sliding and tapping melee. There is no challenge to comboing spores with toxic lash. There is no challenge to repeatedly pressing 4 to activate/deactivate Maim. And yet that is exactly what we HAVE to do if we're to have any chance of seeing round 8 to completion. The only sense of urgency comes every 5 minutes, when a round ends and dashes our hopes by churning out the exact same vanilla resources. If players want to experience the most Warframe offers, we have to slog away in the latest farmhand chore known as "Sanctuary Onslaught;" where we mindlessly kill the exact same enemies under the exact same circumstances over and over and over again, with no variation or challenge to speak of. And without variation or challenge...

...There is no fun.

I'd like to try out Khora. But I'll be damned if 120+ rounds in Sanctuary Onslaught has brought me anywhere near to experiencing something fresh in a game that grows increasingly stale without readily available and regular content updates. And I'll be damned if I feel charitable enough to fork over some plat and buy Khora from the marketplace, given just how frustrated I am with this latest update.

But the instant I finally get all the exclusive weapons and warframes from Sanctuary Onslaught, I'm never going to touch the game type again; unless it sees some major renovations.

I'd have a lot more fun if I could play Titania, Valkyr, or Nyx in OSE, but none of my favorite frames have high enough KPM to actually make any meaningful venture into OSE. Not only that, but with the energy reset per wave restriction, a lot of frames who rely on energy intensive play can't strut their stuff, because they're too impractical for Onslaught. Then there's how efficiency is earned; through KPM. Which wouldn't be an issue so much, if the scales used to progress weren't so weighted in favor of mob slaying monsters like Equinox and Saryn.

I literally cannot solo to wave 8 in OS without Saryn and spin to win. Even with the most meta build; including a 3K Plat Scoliac Riven (No I didn't pay for it; I'm just quoting last week's market average for a Scolaic Plecitor with a throwaway negative stat), I can't even guarantee an 8 round run. I don't want to play Saryn ad nauseam; I detest spin to win playstyles, but I'm forced into doing so in order to access new content.

So to break the monotony, I busted out my favorite; given her fun and interactive play style: Razorwing Titania.

Only thing is, I couldn't even solo to round 7. Not even close to it. I didn't have enough energy to maintain Razorwing for very long (half a round if energy orbs dropped frequent enough), and without it, both my survivability and KPM plummeted. And before you mock my choice of boo; this same Titania build (barring the loss of Primed Flow and replacing Primed Bane with Vigilante Armaments) has seen me to enemy level 500 quite comfortably in the past. The build is amazing for endgame KPM. But for some reason, it's not even remotely practical in Sanctuary Onslaught.

So I went back to Saryn, who I'd hesitate to bring past enemy level 300, and went back to spin to win before rolling a back to back round 8 fail with less than 7 seconds on the clock both times. Now, I'm normally a pretty reasonable gamer. I've never broken, or attempted to break, an appliance in a fit of game induced rage. But I've been running this same loathsome game type, and doing the EXACT SAME THING, for a couple of hours each day since it released on console; all in my attempt to secure the latest content and go back to enjoying warframe. And given that I've failed round 8 all of four times prior to this travesty, a negative double whammie incited a less than...

...Healthy response from my person. Healthy for my controller at any rate.

Burned out. And I haven't even dumped 11 formas into Khora/Venari yet. Which is unusual, given that burn out generally succeeds completion in this game. Regardless, I despise Sanctuary Onslaught as it currently stands. The drop tables are understandably skewed for DE's business interests; which has never stopped me from grinding out new content on day 1 before, but the manner in which I'm required to obtain this content...

...Is pushing me to the edge.

I feel like I'm repeating myself; but that's probably because all I've been doing is repeating myself; but Sanctuary Onslaught has to be more flexible to permit for player choice. Maybe adding quirks like parkour puzzles, boss fights, peculiar stipulations (plus a stat; minus a stat), just something random to break up the monotony could go miles towards turning Sanctuary Onslaught into an enjoyable game type. But as it currently stands?

Sanctuary Onslaught is a chore. And I don't want to play a chore. Yet I have to, if I want to access the latest content.

Edited by (XB1)Vile Slanders

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Vile Slanders said:

Okay, let's make a bold prediction: Sanctuary Onslaught is the new Defection game type.

...At least if it doesn't change. And change in a fundamental way.

The over arching problem with OS and OSE is that it's an exclusive game type. There is an extremely limited roster of Warframes and Weapons that can reliably get you to round 8, and playing these exact same builds and repeating the exact same motions over and over and over again breeds monotony. The worst part? Most of us are only suffering this game type for exclusive loot; loot that has a criminally low chance of dropping. Which brings me to my biggest issue with OS and OSE:

It's not challenging.

There is no challenge to to sliding and meleeing. There is no challenge to comboing spores with toxic lash. There is no challenge to repeatedly pressing 4 to activate/deactivate Maim. And yet that is exactly what we HAVE to do if we're to have any chance of seeing round 8 to completion. The only sense of urgency comes every 5 minutes, when a round ends and dashes our hopes by churning out the exact same vanilla resources. If players want to experience the most Warframe offers, we have to slog away in the latest farmhand chore known as "Sanctuary Onslaught;" where we mindlessly kill the exact same enemies under the exact same circumstances over and over and over again, with no variation or challenge to speak of. And without variation or challenge...

...There is no fun.

I'd like to try out Khora. But I'll be damned if 120+ rounds in Sanctuary Onslaught has brought me anywhere near to experiencing something fresh in a game that grows increasingly stale without readily available and regular content updates. And I'll be damned if I feel charitable enough to fork over some plat and buy Khora from the marketplace, given just how frustrated I am with this latest update.

But the instant I finally get all the exclusive weapons and warframes from Sanctuary Onslaught, I'm never going to touch the game type again; unless it sees some major renovations.

I'd have a lot more fun if I could play Titania, Valkyr, or Nyx in OSE, but none of my favorite frames have high enough KPM to actually make any meaningful venture into OSE. Not only that, but with the energy reset per wave restriction, a lot of frames who rely on energy intensive play can't strut their stuff, because they're too impractical for Onslaught. Then there's how efficiency is earned; through KPM. Which wouldn't be an issue so much, if the scales used to progress weren't so weighted in favor of mob slaying monsters like Equinox and Saryn.

I literally cannot solo to wave 8 in OS without Saryn and spin to win. Even with the most meta build; including a 3K Plat Scoliac Riven (No I didn't pay for it; I'm just quoting last week's market average for a Scolaic Plecitor with a throwaway negative stat), I can't even guarantee an 8 round run. I don't want to play Saryn ad nauseam; I detest spin to win playstyles, but I'm forced into doing so in order to access new content.

So to break the monotony, I busted out my favorite; given her fun and interactive play style: Razorwing Titania.

Only thing is, I couldn't even solo to round 7. Not even close to it. I didn't have enough energy to maintain Razorwing for very long (half a round if energy orbs dropped frequent enough), and without it, both my survivability and KPM plummeted. And before you mock my choice of boo; this same Titania build (barring the loss of Primed Flow and replacing Primed Bane with Vigilante Armaments) has seen me to enemy level 500 quite comfortably in the past. The build is amazing for endgame KPM. But for some reason, it's not even remotely practical in Sanctuary Onslaught.

So I went back to Saryn, who I'd hesitate to bring past enemy level 300, and went back to spin to win before rolling a back to back round 8 fail with less than 7 seconds on the clock both times. Now, I'm normally a pretty reasonable gamer. I've never broken, or attempted to break, an appliance in a fit of game induced rage. But I've been running this same loathsome game type, and doing the EXACT SAME THING, for a couple of hours each day since it released on console; all in my attempt to secure the latest content and go back to enjoying warframe. And given that I've failed round 8 all of four times prior to this travesty, a negative double whammie incited a less than...

...Healthy response from my person. Healthy for my controller at any rate.

Burned out. And I haven't even dumped 11 formas into Khora/Venari yet. Which is unusual, given that burn out generally succeeds completion in this game. Regardless, I despise Sanctuary Onslaught as it currently stands. The drop tables are understandably skewed for DE's business interests; which has never stopped me from grinding out new content on day 1 before, but the manner in which I'm required to obtain this content...

...Is pushing me to the edge.

I feel like I'm repeating myself; but that's probably because all I've been doing is repeating myself; but Sanctuary Onslaught has to be more flexible to permit for player choice. Maybe adding quirks like parkour puzzles, boss fights, peculiar stipulations (plus a stat; minus a stat), just something random to break up the monotony could go miles towards turning Sanctuary Onslaught into an enjoyable game type. But as it currently stands?

Sanctuary Onslaught is a chore. And I don't want to play a chore. Yet I have to, if I want to access the latest content.

+9000000000

i absolutely hate onslaught.

its funny they nerfed a bunch of AOE cheese frames but introduce a game mode that encourages aoe cheese.

Edited by Ragingwasabi

It was the players who hyped Onslaught as the fabled "endgame" even though anyone who watched the devstreams could tell that it isn't and probably wasn't even intended to be.

vor 39 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Vile Slanders:

+1
I've got to agree on every single point with you. That's why I simply bought the stuff from Onslaught (thanks to platinum made from excessive Arcanes).

Have you tried The Index yet? I find it's the only game mode that comes close to what you'd expect from endgame where you can make good use of all your overpowered equipment and soon hit the limit (unless you cheese it in team with Nidus and Shuriken-Ash).

Unfortunately we had too many expectations of this last DE "effort"...

While Elite Onsalught can be a fun slaughterfest, the way it's handled and rewarded feels more like a kick in the teeth as efficency drops artificially forcing maximum cheese metaplay - that leads to very targeted nerfs, who knows why - and after obtaining khora and both vandal weapons mode payback just evaporates without anything particularly worthwhile to farm...

A pity, the ideas and base for a fun and challenging gamemode are there, but current implementation throttles it and bars the access to most frames

to OP, nice to see another razorwing titania entusiast! try her with augment, growing power and energy conversion in a fissure mission, if you get the frame boost you can reach 410% power strenght XD

1 minute ago, Ikusias said:

Unfortunately we had too many expectations of this last DE "effort"...

While Elite Onsalught can be a fun slaughterfest, the way it's handled and rewarded feels more like a kick in the teeth as efficency drops artificially forcing maximum cheese metaplay - that leads to very targeted nerfs, who knows why - and after obtaining khora and both vandal weapons mode payback just evaporates without anything particularly worthwhile to farm...

A pity, the ideas and base for a fun and challenging gamemode are there, but current implementation throttles it and bars the access to most frames

to OP, nice to see another razorwing titania entusiast! try her with augment, growing power and energy conversion in a fissure mission, if you get the frame boost you can reach 410% power strenght XD

Growing Power and Energy Conversion are staples in my endgame build. Razorwing Blitz though? I'm not too partial towards killing myself every time I melee-lunge for an enemy, only to hit a static object at terminal velocity. If it wasn't for collision damage (and slightly less twitchy Razorwing controls), I'd try and squeeze Razorwing Blitz into my Endgame build.