Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Lighting/Shadow issues.

Vanille

With the new lighting change, dojos just became too dark or too bright. Even on default colors and lighting, you get REALLY shiny lights on the walls for some reason and the shadows from decorations are too much. This becomes a problem if you have designs that take part on high altitude accross the room, like the following screenshots (with our Yggdrasil tree). Here are some screenshots comparing old, new, high graphics and low graphics:

OLD:

8zh5hx.jpg

nfl1tz.jpg

NEW:

iy1kkn.jpg

With the addition of orokin decorations, I was redoing our old main hall with the other Yggdrasil without a second floor, which is now our main respawn hall again and here's how it goes:

OLD:

2cnz4ol.png

NEW ON HIGH GRAPHICS: You can't see the structures below the tree at all.

icslr9.jpg

NEW ON LOW GRAPHICS: You can actually see the structures but everything is so bright. And while I'm at it, making orokin decorations have the same tone of gold would be neat, notice the brighter gold part on the top compared with the rest.

21bmblv.jpg

So my feedback basically is:

The new lighting might look cool on some dojos, or if you want a night club. I'm only hoping these lighting/shadow issues are not intended and get corrected. Another suggestion would be to give clans options to have this new lighting system on or off with a toggle. Really missing the old lights, and honestly i'd be terribly sad if I have to get rid of my Yggdrasil. All this together with the abysmal drop rate on new pigments (which I hope isn't intended aswell) that I had planned for the white walls to match the orokin style, is making me drop all motivations to work on decorating for now. It's weekend now and we probably won't hear news (if there are any) for some days but at least knowing if this is intended or not (which to me doesn't seem at all, but who knows) would clear it for many of us.

Edited by Kiwinille

Loving the tree. I agree though, I'm glad for the move toward contrast and saturation, the old dojo was very bland, but this system overshot by a wide margin. There's a couple other issues, overhead lighting carries a huge tint so that all the red look yellow and green looks cyan. Also the corridor overheads don't tint at all. I'm kind of in shock atm, I was really looking forward to this and now I'm just numb and wondering if this was intended, it's hard to look at and changes everything so drastically that I feel like I may need to rebuild everything. Of course I'm really happy this system is getting attention.

Notice on last pic in OP what color Wooden Totem is.Well I have lots of decorations in my room made out of it and now everything is pink...

DE did it again.They shipped out half finished content .