Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible bug with the new Obstacle Course Architect

ShadowHvo

Greetings all,

I believe there is a bug surrounding the new Dojo Room: The Obstacle Course Architect

For a reason or another, I am unable to place this room down in dojo, even after I delete another room to make space for it. Here however, is the strange part: I removed the original Obstacle Course in favor of this, and despite the fact that the original Obstacle Course is a larger room, I'm told by the game system that the Obstacle Course Architect room is too big for the space.

A size comparison: The red room is the new Obstacle Course Architect, and the gray room behind the red room is the original Obstacle Course
4JcsoDE.png

This logic makes little to no sense at all, since the Obstacle Course Architect is smaller in both width and length according to the ingame map. Which is why I find it very strange, that I cannot replace a larger room with one that should, by all means, fill equally the same (even though it actually fills less space!)

I dearly hope that this bug can get a fix, because I would love to replace the original obstacle course with the new one, to keep the amazing layout of our dojo while attenting the new amazing features that the obstacle course provides.

EDIT: Changed the screenshot to show a better example of what I mean.

Edited by ShadowHvo

:nerd: If iam seeing this correct this will never fit

check the out line from the door you wanna use to the back and recalculate the width 

.. - but only if the picture shows the whole floor .. then my 1 comment applys

Make an L room then again L in mirror then it should fit

but look closly and see what iam seeing

2 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

:nerd: If iam seeing this correct this will never fit

check the out line from the door you wanna use to the back and recalculate the width 

.. - but only if the picture shows the whole floor .. then my 1 comment applys

Make an L room then again L in mirror then it should fit

but look closly and see what iam seeing

I believe you may be seeing it wrong, unless my eyes are totally fooling me, but when I photoshop the new obstacle course architect ontop the old one (With the doors in the same position) the width are identical, but the original obstacle course is longer.

I cannot see why this room wouldn't fit, being a literal identical room but with a shorter length.

13 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

when i built mine, i had to add a corridor first, then add the architect room...maybe try that?

I may try this, though that is indeed a rather awkward requirement, and surely that must be a bug. If the original obstacle course (Which is longer) can fit there, so should the new obstacle course architect be able to.

1 minute ago, ShadowHvo said:

I may try this, though that is indeed a rather awkward requirement, and surely that must be a bug. If the original obstacle course (Which is longer) can fit there, so should the new obstacle course architect be able to. 

im thinking it just has something to do with the rather massive cube-like size of the room.

1 minute ago, ShadowHvo said:

I believe you may be seeing it wrong, unless my eyes are totally fooling me, but when I photoshop the new obstacle course architect ontop the old one (With the doors in the same position) the width are identical, but the original obstacle course is longer.

I cannot see why this room wouldn't fit, being a literal identical room but with a shorter length.

For atm its realy difficult to see .. 

trying to re position the new training room on the placed door that you show ,,

but to me it look that the back of the new training room will touch the one in the back left 

.. iam gues that you have added the older training room first on that spot .. and then the new one on replace ?

1 hour ago, -_Highlander_- said:

For atm its realy difficult to see .. 

trying to re position the new training room on the placed door that you show ,,

but to me it look that the back of the new training room will touch the one in the back left 

.. iam gues that you have added the older training room first on that spot .. and then the new one on replace ?

Touch the one in the back left?

I do not believe that you're seeing eye to eye with me here, for there is no room behind the obstacle course.

Now, I've made a proper cop-out and edit to better showcase the issue at hand.
4JcsoDE.png

The issue at hand is clear: The new Obstacle Course Architect (The one overlayed in red) is smaller in both width and length than the original obstacle course, but when the original obstacle course is removed, the game claims that there is not enough space to build the new obstacle course architect.

Do not mind the Obstacle Course Architect down in the bottom-right corner, thats just for scale-purpose. But you can clearly see upon this cut-out, that the new obstacle course architect (The red room) fits perfectly inside the original obstacle course (the gray room BEHIND the red room)

As you can see, there is nothing behind it to conflict with the room. (Plus it wouldn't make sense, for if the architect overlapped, so would the original.)

On 2018-05-20 at 4:07 PM, lukinu_u said:

That would be weird, but considering the room is a cube, maybe the probleme is not the lengh of width, but the height.

I don't remember how tall are elevators but this new room may go higher.

This. Check your upper floor if you have a room placed there that might block it. 

I am having similar issues

s5aBLLa.png

As you can see we have space for 3 obstacle courses. One of which we want to keep original but 2 of the spaces going sideways will not accept the new version. We have even tried it with hallways

zFnq7zr.png

Only one side has anything built over it at all with the hallway. Here's an image of the upper floor with the same orientation.

brjO8p1.png

We will try extended hallways next but this is getting old. The floor below cannot be changed as it has barracks and heavy amounts of decorations that no one wants to rebuild.

Height requirements shouldnt even be a thing unless it is made clear that is the problem somewhere in the UI. Without a 3D map of the Dojo we can assume the elevator tubes travel indefinitely....

Clanmate got bugged out on the map and it shows all the overlaps.

Warframe0004.jpg

The orientation is opposite what's above but you can see how I would need to destroy 2 entire floors in order to build a room in either position. It's untenable.

3 hours ago, Blink.Ensu said:

Clanmate got bugged out on the map and it shows all the overlaps.

Warframe0004.jpg

The orientation is opposite what's above but you can see how I would need to destroy 2 entire floors in order to build a room in either position. It's untenable.

Yeah and the only place we could actually place it is the room up there (currently occupied by a standard course) since it was so far removed from the rest of the dojo if my bugged map is to be believed.