Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe I Look At Warframes The Wrong Way.

Aspari

Mag doesn't seem at all like a magnetism frame. It's more telekinesis than anything. I follow that after seeing that Nyx is a mind-control psychic power. Ember would be a pyrokinetic frame. Frost is a variation of aquakinesis. Volt is aurakinesis. 

Perhaps the Warframes are built to suit Tenno who have certain gifts, and Ember, Frost, Mag, and Volt are psychics. Mag seems to not fit at all with the theme of magnetism. In fact, magnetism would make more sense on Volt since the whole thing about magnetism is about energy. I'd rename Mag to something else.

The people in the suits are infected with Technocyte. The suit is a focus for the crazy powers they are given as a side effect of the mutation. See: Hayden Tenno.

I'm not so sure about Hayden Tenno. After all, he didn't get that prototype of Excalibur until way late in the game and he already had all his powers before he did get it.

But I thought all warframe suits are worn by the same player?

I didn't hire some random psychic dude to wear my uniform?

Does that mean... I am Lotus?

I'm pretty sure each Warframe has its own pilot. Who is piloting the Warframe is up to the player to imagine. It's roleplaying like that.

But I thought all warframe suits are worn by the same player?

I didn't hire some random psychic dude to wear my uniform?

Does that mean... I am Lotus?

No. You are the player. You play a character of your choice. 

Not unlike League of Legends or DotA2.

The people in the suits are infected with Technocyte. The suit is a focus for the crazy powers they are given as a side effect of the mutation. See: Hayden Tenno.

The suit doesn't make the powers work - it just focuses them.

No. You are the player. You play a character of your choice. 

Not unlike League of Legends or DotA2.

Is this your personal belief or some official information?

Until there is a statement from DE in this matter all of this are just speculations.

Edited by xGryphus

Is this your personal belief or some sure information?

Until there is an official statement from DE in this matter all of this are just speculations.

That LoL/DotA2 analogy was used by Steve himself when describing who the Player is controlling, if I recall.  So I guess you could say that's as close to the horse's mouth as you can get.

That LoL/DotA2 analogy was used by Steve himself when describing who the Player is controlling, if I recall.  So I guess you could say that's as close to the horse's mouth as you can get.

It is just how I understand it based on things DE has said/done.

Correct me if I'm wrong but LoL/DotA2 analogy was used a few livestreams ago while in livestream #11 Steve mentioned about choices made by our personal Tenno - I'm confused. I guess the truth is that DE din't made up they mind in this matter and nothing is set in stone yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong but LoL/DotA2 analogy was used a few livestreams ago while in livestream #11 Steve mentioned about choices made by our personal Tenno - I'm confused. I guess the truth is that DE din't made up they mind in this matter and nothing is set in stone yet.

Plenty of games have specific characters and still let you make choices. Look at the Infamous games.

For now I'll just wait for upcoming Corpus boss as he's supposed to have some answers according to Steve.

I'm glad you clarified that's your personal opinion because people have a tendency to go bonkers about stuff written by anybody but regular forum user.

Plenty of games have specific characters and still let you make choices. Look at the Infamous games.

I think that's the one series that got multiple choices right.

And before anyone says Mass Effect, remember that in 3 a majority of the choices you made from the previous games are rendered null and void.