Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A short list of repetitive & annoying Sounds

TheGreenFellow

- Foundry & Kubrow Incubator sounds are quite annoying when they are in use, particularly as a constant noise that will be playing the vast majority of the time spent fiddling with things inside the orbiter. I recommend taking a look at Elite Dangerous for examples of how to create constant noises and sounds that are likely to be heard nearly endlessly without being annoying.
- I find it very annoying how selecting sortie/assassination missions causes the game to repeat the same voice lines over and over and over, each and every time, and then also repeats inside the mission itself if assassination. I don't see why it has to play those lines when selecting the mission, let alone every time you replay the assassination missions.

- The constant merchant callouts in Cetus got my nerves almost immediately. There's no reason for them to repeat the same line on loop every 2 seconds, particularly when the number of lines they have is limited in number and unrelated to anything the Tenno need care about. I turned my "voices" volume in my sound settings to 0 because of these callouts.

Edited by TheGreenGunner

3 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

That's how it works in real life though 😄

The noise that annoys me is rhino's passive triggering.

Doesn't need to be like real life (and I have rather high doubts as far as that goes anyhow, I've never been to a mall where the shopkeeps are crying out the top of their lungs the same sad lines over and over) - just needs to not get on my nerves to the point of making me regret visiting Cetus without the "Voices" volume turned to nothing. 😛

Edited by TheGreenGunner

Heh. Some people are easily triggered. :tongue:

I don't even notice the majority of noises on the Orbiter.

Yeah, it would be nice if Lotus, bosses etc had a better variety of lines when doing missions, but thats pretty low down my list of beefs with the game.

As for the traders on Cetus, I don't visit often enough for them to get annoying. I still find most of them mildly amusing...particularly Hai Luk and the gem dealer.

Actually what I find really annoying right now is Simaris butting in, telling me to synthesise targets, when I'm trying to do missions.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

43 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Heh. Some people are easily triggered. :tongue:

^

i personally find those orbiter noises soothing.

but agree cetus is bad. voices in cetus is so limited its pathetic. the lines arent even specific to the vendors. any of them can say any of the lines it seems.

Edited by Ragingwasabi