Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity EV

MunsonManchild

Question

11 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, MunsonManchild said:

When I cast the EV on an enemy and it starts to pulse, do teammates have to be near me to get the energy, or near said enemy I cast it upon? 

Near the enemy

the range for marking an enemy is 100m and the range from said marked enemy is 25m at max rank

Edited by MrHeolsen

1 hour ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

But you can extend the range obviously, so if you're playing her as a support then go for range and strength and a little duration and you can easily cover most defence areas and such

This is how I have it set up. Trying to convince people NOT to kill the enemy I'm leaching is difficult. 

Killing the enemy you're leaching energy from is fine! Normally you'd get 4(?) pulses of energy, but if the target dies, all the remaining pulses come out at once. So if an enemy has pulsed twice, then dies, it'll give off a big pulse on death worth 2 normal pulses.

So unless you're actually looking for a slower drip of energy to maintain lighter skill-using, getting the big pop all at once is nice (plus it lets you just go ahead and target a new enemy)

il y a 58 minutes, MunsonManchild a dit :

This is how I have it set up. Trying to convince people NOT to kill the enemy I'm leaching is difficult. 

If you need to convince people not to kill the enemy, it probably needs your ability duration is too long. If you want a full EV build, you should try to get it as low as possible.

If you have over 50% duration, you have too much. I'm currently sitting at 22%, and if my memory is correct I have some unmaxxed mods.

Obviously, this will hurt your other abilities (especially your 4, which will last just 1 or 2 seconds), meaning your only usefulness in a team will be to EV and heal with 4 from time to time (without damage reduction, you can't possibly keep it up).

On the other hand, it's simply not possible for any frame to outspend the energy you provide with that.

Also, you might want to throw in Natural Talent, as EV casting is quite slow.

Edited by Furadow
typo

11 minutes ago, Furadow said:

If you need to convince people not to kill the enemy, it probably needs your ability duration is too long. If you want a full EV build, you should try to get it as low as possible.

Eh, but the only situation where you'd need that would be EV-ing bosses and other special enemies you can't just kill easily.

Not tanking your Duration completely so your Link and Blessing's DR are at least somewhat useful is not a bad thing, I dare say.

Mind you, trying to build a balanced Trin that can do everything well is a nightmare
- not least thanks to the agonizingly short base durations on Link / Blessing, DE why -
so I can't really fault players for just "giving up" so to speak and going all in on EV.

il y a 6 minutes, NinjaZeku a dit :

Eh, but the only situation where you'd need that would be EV-ing bosses and other special enemies you can't just kill easily.

Not tanking your Duration completely so your Link and Blessing's DR are at least somewhat useful is not a bad thing, I dare say.

Mind you, trying to build a balanced Trin that can do everything well is a nightmare
- not least thanks to the agonizingly short base durations on Link / Blessing, DE why -
so I can't really fault players for just "giving up" so to speak and going all in on EV.

This really depends on what you want to achieve with your build. If your goal is to just give as much energy as possible to other players without any regard to other abilities, for example for farming (where enemies are killed in < 2 seconds), you really really want as low duration as possible.

If you want a balanced build, yeah don't sacrifice duration as much, but then good luck with EV, because other players mostly don't pay attention.

I'm in the former camp. I don't need much more out of Trinity when I play her (= not often, mainly just for farming). Good luck if you want balanced Trin.

My Fiancee mains Trinity, and she prefers to run high duration to keep her links and bless active with the expectation that people will kill her EV'd targets. Unless you're in it for the single-target nuke, negative duration pretty much ruins Trinity's utility.

5 hours ago, Furadow said:

If your goal is to just give as much energy as possible to other players without any regard to other abilities,
for example for farming (where enemies are killed in < 2 seconds), you really really want as low duration as possible.

Why? What changes between (you or someone else) killing the enemy to release all the pulses at once
compared to having EV send out all its pulses within ~1 second on its own?

il y a 4 minutes, NinjaZeku a dit :

Why? What changes between (you or someone else) killing the enemy to release all the pulses at once
compared to having EV send out all its pulses within ~1 second on its own?

1) you can recast one much faster without having to kill the enemy (for maximum energy output)

2) with augment you get shields at a much quicker rate

I'm not trying to convince to run it that way though. I just said that's an option, for a specific purpose, which like you and other said pretty much ruin the rest of Trinity kit.