Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is a serious problem.

CrunchyCloud

Just now, rune_me said:

Nah. All online games has pretty strict chat censorship. Warframe's is no more or less severe than all the others. That's the norm. It will come as no surprise to anyone who isn't acting all entitled and think they should get to make the rules that everyone else has to follow.

You did not watch the video, or even read my comment. This is not about censorship. This is about leaders abusing their power, and it is breaking this community, both in-game, on the forums, on Reddit, everywhere.

52 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

is this truly what the community has devolved into

stupid pointless drama and stupid hour long videos discussing stupid pointless drama 

#*!%'s sake, i'm out.

I agree. 

What's interesting is that in over two years using ingame chat and posting heavily on the forums, I have never had this issue.  

So, I have to ask either what I'm doing differently or what they are doing differently to have completely opposite experiences?

Edited by DatDarkOne
corrected the punctuations

2 minutes ago, CrunchyCloud said:

That's a poor argument to make. DE's #1 job is to make the players happy with their game. If they want to run it with a "it's have fun our way, or the highway" attitude, they have no business running a game in the first place.

Except people are actually having fun. Most players don't hang out in the forums. Most players probably don't even use region chat. Most players just enjoy playing the game. Until you just saw a random YouTube video and decided to get all offended by it, you had not even heard about it, even though it has been going on for a while now. That's how "important" it really was to you.

It's not that people are for or against this. It's that they really don't care, either way. This will have absolutely no effect on the game.

13 minutes ago, VadiseReikaz said:

And the compromise is "Give everyone what they want"? I am sorry, but there is no moderation in that. By that logic you may as well remove moderation entirely. And if someone on the forums decides to make a thread specifically insulting somebody, and that somebody reports the offender, then it would be fine if the respose was "Oh, you can just click ignore and it will go away".

Say a custom filter is added, right? Ya with me? Now people don't see words they absolutely hate, if a message has a word or phrase that's in their filter it doesn't show up for them. Since the filter is custom to the person, someone who may want to troll is going to have a hard time guessing how to dodge that person's custom filter. Now lets say they figure it out and do it anyway, instead of just an immediate ban by a bot who can't understand context it throws up a red flag for a chat mod to look over. Really easy. Really simple. And has ACTUAL MODERATION! WOW! Not some half assed bot doing all the word, with mods conspiring to figure out what new phrase they want to add to it today.

Edited by Pent_
snipped the insult, kept the snark.

2 minutes ago, VadiseReikaz said:

DE's 1 job is to make money. Dont be mistaken.

Wow.. i'm sorry to see you're that cynical about them, but i still have some hope left that they genuinely want to be as honest and open as possibly with their community.

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

I agree. 

What's interesting is that in over two years using ingame chat and posting heavily on the forums, I have never had this issue.  

So, I have to ask either what I'm doing differently or what they are doing differently to have completely opposite experiences.  

Ah the old, "I never had this issue, so everyone else must be dumb and doing things wrong." Someone got banned for asking if anyone was from Niger. You could get banned for linking [Kinetic Syphon Trap] and [Nezha] in the same sentence regardless of context. 

Edited by Pent_

1 minute ago, Sitchrea said:

You did not watch the video, or even read my comment. This is not about censorship. This is about leaders abusing their power, and it is breaking this community, both in-game, on the forums, on Reddit, everywhere.

I don't see it "breaking the community." I only see a few people complaining about it on the forums. And generally, those people are getting banned for doing something they shouldn't be doing, or doing something they knew not to do. 

1 minute ago, Sitchrea said:

Leaders are not abusing their power. The so-called "leaders" are not actually leaders at all. They have very little power to abuse. They are just moderators doping the job they have been recruited to do. Suggesting that a word gets added to a bot, is not abusing their power. That is doing their job. It is DE, not the moderators, that ultimately decides if that word should or should not be added to the bot. The moderators have no say in this.

1 minute ago, Pent_ said:

You've got a very narrow mind, you're like a horse with blinders on, but lets talk this out.

Say a custom filter is added, right? Ya with me? Now people don't see words they absolutely hate, if a message has a word or phrase that's in their filter it doesn't show up for them. Since the filter is custom to the person, someone who may want to troll is going to have a hard time guessing how to dodge that person's custom filter. Now lets say they figure it out and do it anyway, instead of just an immediate ban by a bot who can't understand context it throws up a red flag for a chat mod to look over. Really easy. Really simple. And has ACTUAL MODERATION! WOW! Not some half assed bot doing all the word, with mods conspiring to figure out what new phrase they want to add to it today.

And if you skip the insults, if you please? Just because you dont agree with me. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, NullSaint said:

I don't see it "breaking the community." I only see a few people complaining about it on the forums. And generally, those people are getting banned for doing something they shouldn't be doing, or doing something they knew not to do. 

Someone's name had a word that describes hatred for men in their name and they were promoted to a position of power. Sounds like it breaks community rules to me.

That said, that person's name was a joke. A bad one, but a joke. However, if DE is going to make us recognize that their obvious joke is okay, then our obvious jokes should be okay too. The double standard is appalling.

Edited by Pent_

Just now, NullSaint said:

It is far more than that. PsyCo's video explains it all - this has nothing to do with who can and can't say what they want. This is about community leaders abusing their authority. Only, no one can call them out for risk of being kicked out of the club. This is straight corruption.

Someone's name had a word that describes hatred for men in their name and they were promoted to a position of power. Sounds like it breaks community rules to me.

That said, that person's name was a joke. A bad one, but a joke. However, if DE is going to make is recognize that their obvious joke is okay, then our obvious jokes should be okay too. The double standard is appalling.

^^^^^^^^^
Say it louder for the people in the back.

2 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

Ah the old, "I never had this issue, so everyone else must be dumb and doing things wrong." Someone got banned for asking if anyone was from Niger. You could get banned for linking [Kinetic Syphon Trap] and [Nezha] in the same sentence regardless of context. 

This is standard bot behavior. That will never change. Misspellings of banned words will always flag you. In GTA Online you can't even say glitch because it ends with itch. Warframes bot is very lax compared to most online games.

Just now, rune_me said:

This is standard bot behavior. That will never change. Misspellings of banned words will always flag you. In GTA Online you can't even say glitch because it ends with itch. Warframes bot is very lax compared to most online games.

Fallacy of relative privation.

Just because "it's not as bad as" does not mean Warframe's system is good. Far, far from it.

2 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Except people are actually having fun. Most players don't hang out in the forums. Most players probably don't even use region chat. Most players just enjoy playing the game. Until you just saw a random YouTube video and decided to get all offended by it, you had not even heard about it, even though it has been going on for a while now. That's how "important" it really was to you.

It's not that people are for or against this. It's that they really don't care, either way. This will have absolutely no effect on the game.

Yes there are people having fun, as there are people trying to have fun with all this nonsense bothering them, like me. You don't know if most players: 1. Use region chat. 2: Just enjoy the game. 3: Don't really care. - Don't presume to.

As to me being offended by the video and deciding to suddenly comment, no. This has been weighing on my mind for a long time, and while i do try to enjoy the game and not let this bother me, this video just happened to itch the right scratch.

And for those false positives, DE has already issued a statement saying they are working on it and requesting additional info.  

Which in essence make this whole topic a pointless rant for no good logical reason.  

This still doesn't change what I said in the post you quoted.  Now does it?  If you can answer that question I asked, then we all might get closer to a solution.  Then present our finding to DE in that feedback topic the Rebecca started just for this.  

Just now, rune_me said:

No it isn't. This is the only bot I've seen that jumps to bans immediately for triggering the bot. Any other game with such heavy censorship doesn't get very popular. In fact, the main reason Warframe is popular is it's phenomenal monetization system and it's semi addictive gameplay. Even though the gameplay gets stale after a month, they're really only pushing for the new player experience as of late, part of that "new player experience" is having super aggressive, bot controlled moderation to make sure any possible new player always feels "safe".

Just now, CrunchyCloud said:

As to me being offended by the video and deciding to suddenly comment, no. This has been weighing on my mind for a long time, and while i do try to enjoy the game and not let this bother me, this video just happened to itch the right scratch.

Why? Why has this been weighing on you? How does it impact you in any way? How does it interfere with your game? That's what I don't understand.

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

And for those false positives, DE has already issued a statement saying they are working on it and requesting additional info.  

Which in essence make this whole topic a pointless rant for no good logical reason.  

This still doesn't change what I said in the post you quoted.  Now does it?  If you can answer that question I asked, then we all might get closer to a solution.  Then present our finding to DE in that feedback topic the Rebecca started just for this.  

You still don't get it. We aren't discussing censorship - that's just a symptom of the larger problem.

We literally have a self-proclaimed Misandrist - who had that as their IGN - on the chat moderation team. This is just one example of appalling double standards, and frankly is unacceptable to have people like this as leaders in our community.

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

You didn't ask a question.

Just now, NullSaint said:

Why? Why has this been weighing on you? How does it impact you in any way? How does it interfere with your game? That's what I don't understand.

I just wrote it in the comment you quoted. It bothers me playing this game, knowing that the devs care just-not-enough not to turn a blind eye about this issue. They have a drawer-full of blind eyes to be honest.