Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Affinity and Credit boosters are terrible rewards for the sortie

FataL-Flaw

I know there may be a very minute subset of players who find an affinity or credit booster to be beneficial, but seriously, for most players, especially those of higher MR...an affinity or credit booster is absolutely useless as a sortie reward.

If the sortie is the closest thing we have to "end game" content outside of Eidolons...why should it reward something most longer time players have maxed out already..  

With Onslaught mode, there is essentially zero time or effort involved in maxing out a new weapon's affinity.  The real restriction in gaining more MR is having enough slots, forma, and resources to build the weapons.  

It's also a real sh-height reward for anyone who buys the prime access packs since they always come with 90 day affinity and credit boosters..

Suggestion: Barring absolute removal of the crap booster drops..why don't you let each player choose a booster...so end-game players can get a useful one..ie..double resources..so they can use it for real end game activities like farming kuva or materials..

When you are well into MR 20's and sitting on 10 million+ credits, affinity and credit boosters are literally, absolutely useless..

Edited by FataL-Flaw

3 minutes ago, FataL-Flaw said:

When you are well into MR 20's and sitting on 10 million+ credits, affinity and credit boosters are literally, absolutely useless..

I don't really mind getting them. MR25, 28 million credits. Nothing really to buy or make. I agree, they are not the most useful reward. But really, what sortie reward is? None of the rewards are very useful to me, because I do not need any of them. What use is a Sculpture when I have one hundred already? Keep in mind, I do not need to spend endo.

The sortie rewards are not aimed at endgame players. Sorties are not really endgame either. Warframe does not have much of an endgame.

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

... I agree, they are not the most useful reward. But really, what sortie reward is? None of the rewards are very useful to me, because I do not need any of them. What use is a Sculpture when I have one hundred already? Keep in mind, I do not need to spend endo...

Despite your 100 sculptures, and "no-need" for endo...The affinity and credit boosters are unarguably the only zero added value reward in the drop table.  Endo, statues, etc can be used to max mods and sold for plat.

With your 4k+ posts and your MR I would argue you are in a tiny subset of players who literally have everything...so yes, im sure most of the rewards feel "useless" to you, but at least in some way you can use the other rewards to gain plat, if you actually wanted or needed to..

I like getting booster from sorties.

I'm always building weapons for funsies, so the affinity booster helps, and I don't farm credit actively, so the credit booster also helps by increasing my passive gains. And I really only use my credits for rivens. The only terrible reward I see in the sortie table is ENDO, not the Anasa Sculpture.

I'm MR25 btw.

Edited by Guest

Don't think any sortie reward is 'bad' or 'useless'. I mean, you need from 3 to 30 minutes to complete it depending on the current mission set. In average it's faster then 8 waves in ESO, where you most likely get just 4 relics and some affinity.

Edited by Syasob

43 minutes ago, FataL-Flaw said:

Despite your 100 sculptures, and "no-need" for endo...The affinity and credit boosters are unarguably the only zero added value reward in the drop table.  Endo, statues, etc can be used to max mods and sold for plat.

For me, personally: I would argue that I get more value from an Affinity Booster than an Ayatan Sculpture. At least I can use the Booster. Hey, you can never have too many forma in items! I have zero use in the sculptures. As in, I might as well have been given a Vitality mod instead of the Sculpture. I would far rather DE removed the Endo and Sculptures than the Boosters. But Endo and Sculptures are useful to many people - I do not think they should be removed.

43 minutes ago, FataL-Flaw said:

your MR I would argue you are in a tiny subset of players who literally have everything...so yes, im sure most of the rewards feel "useless" to you

Because people with less MR than me will gain no use out of Affinity Boosters and Credit Boosters at all right? Yes, I am in a small subset that sees no value in most of the rewards. But that would suggest most outside of that group do see value in them. Very few people have even hit MR20 (comparatively). Why should DE remove something that most people find useful?

Just because you find it useless does not mean everyone else does.

Edited by krc473

Not every player is at the point where they can truly derive zero value from affinity and credit boosters. Not every player has unbound every focus passive. Not every player is sitting on tens of millions of credits. Not every player has maxed every weapon and warframe. Not every player has forma'd everything they want to forma. The players who can truly, unironically say they derive zero value from boosters are in a tiny minority. DE doesn't have to (and straight up shouldn't) balance the game around those who have everything.

Focus gain is tied to affinity gain.   So having aff booster makes you reach your daily focus rep in half the time, that is always a good thing. A very small % of the playerbase has actually fully maxed out all focus schools with all active unbound skills.  (52660819 focus total according to wiki).

And I put forma on 90% of everything. 1098 formas so far.  Aff boosters are always welcome in leveling stuff.

And credit boosters?  If you don't have 100+ Primed Pillars in your orbiter by now, you're doing Fashionframe wrong!  

If none of the above matters to you, then pat yourself on the back. You "beat" Warframe and there is nothing left for you to do here.  Online videogames aren't a lifetime obligation, you will reach an ending to its content eventually after hundreds or thousands of hours; until some new content update is released (which need leveling of course) or you chase your own player-made goals or they pull the plug.

Seriously, does it take you more than 2 rounds in Elite Sanctuary Onslaught to rank a weapon from 1-30??  

In an epic bit of trolling I just received my 4th booster (credit) this week as my sortie reward...

I'm not asking for them to be removed..just give the player the option to choose a useful one like a resource booster.  Credits and Affinity are not hard to come by for anyone who plays the sortie daily.