Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changes for the main quest line, why they are important for everyone

Etrionas

Hey Guys,

Yes, I have personally completed the entire main questline, I am speaking on behalf of players whom I have joined in game or on behalf of players whom I have personally recruited to the game.

NUTSHELL VERSION
-The game up to and including Natah is boring and makes people quit
-The levelling system entices players to grind the same nodes over and over, maybe there is a better way?
-You guys are awesome, please take my criticism as constructive

LONG WINDED BUT TOTALLY IMPORTANT VERSION
I have been playing Warframe since 2013/14. I love helping new players (space babies). I have been trying to get a friend to play and every time they quit after a few hours/nights. You guys put SO much work into story but some of it needs to be revisited to keep new players entertained and wanting to play, because while all ninjas play free I would really like to see all ninjas enjoy playing:

-👍 Vor's prize: its great.
Suggestion:

Spoiler

maybe add something that depicts the queens chastising Vor for not destroying the Tenno like he was told (Like maybe have Lotus say "Vor is furious you have shamed him in the eyes of his Queens and he won't stop until he has you as his prize Tenno, he must be stopped")

-👎 Saya's Vigil: easy fix.

Spoiler

for crying out loud place a marker on Saya, it took me 10 minutes to find her.

-👎 Howl of the Kubrow: easy fix.

Spoiler

let new players know that Argon Crystals deplete, my friend had no idea until I told him and quit because he farmed em and then they were gone.

-👍 Once Awake: Not the GIANT ROBOTS HANGAR?

Spoiler

Try not the giant robot combat suit that Dr. Tengus can fight the tenno in, and then have him eject at the last minute making the Gustrag Three say something like 'Dr. Tengus sends his regards' (Easy suggestion: large room and use a re-skinned Eidolon Teralyst and give it the move set of The Jackal). Totally just a suggestion, this one is mostly fine.

-🚫 The Archwing: Not even gonna go there. 

Spoiler

Suffice to say that Archwing would be a lot more fun if you could stop instantly, I get it simulates space but a super advanced flight system with inbuilt life support not having auto stabilisers? (Maybe a good use of that otherwise unusable 5th ability while in Archwing)

-👍 A Man of Few Words: Good stuff.

Spoiler

Clem needs custom looking custom Grakatas, and make his louder.

-👍 Stolen Dreams: Amazing. Well done.

-🚫 Limbo Theorem: Gonna be honest I haven't finished this one yet.

-👎 The New Strange: WHY?!

Spoiler

Why is the tutorial on how to synthesis scan targets so vague? Please make the tutorial demonstrate how to hunt synthesis targets. The rest of the quest is essentially fine.

-👎 Natah: This one is a mess and it's confusing. I was carrying my friend through this mission and the last part on Desdemona was so boring I literally fell asleep, and when I woke up it was still going.

My list of suggestions for how to fix this:

Spoiler

-Remove 'Mystery Drones', (Trying to explain what the 'New Drone' was on Neptune was frustrating to say the least)
-Replace 'Scan drones on Uranus' objective with 'Investigate the Anomaly',
Investigate the Anomaly:
-Lotus contacts the Tenno when they select Natah as their active Quest and tells them that an anomaly has shown up and she has marked it on the Navigation,
-The Tenno head to earth and a small three room tile set is the mission,
-Lotus says 'I have isolated the anomaly, hack the terminal to get inside but be careful not to be seen',
-When the Tenno hacks the terminal a door unlocks and they progress, once inside a cut scene plays (nothing fancy just an in engine thing similar to the Apostasy Prologue),
-The Tenno sees an Oculyst that notices the Tenno and then escapes,
-Lotus does her usual 'she quickly warns the Tenno to stay safe and immediately cut off her transmissions completely',
-Ordis says something about Lotus being uncontactable and that the Tenno should extract,
-The third room opens another cutscene where Teshin is standing and greets the Tenno,
-Teshin says something like 'I am not sure if you remember me, we are old friends, it's been a long time Tenno' (All of my friends and I had NO IDEA who Teshin was before this mission and where like 'Who the hell is this guy?'),
-Teshin then says 'Your Lotus has fled, I will help you find her, do as your cephalon suggests and extract, I will contact you shortly'.

-Once the Tenno is aboard their orbiter have Teshin tell them that they have sent them an intercepted transmission and to check their inbox,
-The Tenno goes and does 'Help Teshin' on Cassini,
-The Tenno then does 'Stop Tyl Regor' on Ariel, Uranus except that this should be a Sabotage mission and not a survival, where the player needs to destroy multiple drills but is unable to destroy them all before Tyl Regor completes his mission,
-The Tenno then must complete 'Seal the Tomb' on Desdemona, Uranus but instead of a defense with 10 WAVES make it 4 or 5 and actually have bombs to defend that actually look like they are instead of Warframe Cryopods.

This should also fix the bugs where Tenno can no longer complete the mission because they cannot scan the Oculysts.

Edited by Etrionas
Split into another post

You are just a few steps short of the Second dream, the first real cinematic quest that pretty much gave Warframe the reputation of having a good story, then War within is really good, and now they are about to release The sacrifice.

regarding your view of Warframe being a grind and repetitive, well, at the core is a Looter just like Diablo or Path of Exile, and like those game, you either enjoy the Game loop of killing a lot of enemies and running missions or you don't as simple as that, ofc if you are sitting on Hydron so that you can level up in the fastest way and being bored, you should stop that and try to run other missions like survival or ESO when available, even if they are less efficient, IMO they are way more fun, also you shouldn't focus on getting MR very fast, after you reach 13 you can get all the weapons in the game.

so try to find what parts of warframe are fun for you, and if you can't find any, it means that you don't like looters, plain an simple

7 minutes ago, TheKrapfcat said:

You are just a few steps short of the Second dream, the first real cinematic quest that pretty much gave Warframe the reputation of having a good story, then War within is really good, and now they are about to release The sacrifice.

regarding your view of Warframe being a grind and repetitive, well, at the core is a Looter just like Diablo or Path of Exile, and like those game, you either enjoy the Game loop of killing a lot of enemies and running missions or you don't as simple as that, ofc if you are sitting on Hydron so that you can level up in the fastest way and being bored, you should stop that and try to run other missions like survival or ESO when available, even if they are less efficient, IMO they are way more fun, also you shouldn't focus on getting MR very fast, after you reach 13 you can get all the weapons in the game.

so try to find what parts of warframe are fun for you, and if you can't find any, it means that you don't like looters, plain an simple

Hey,

While I respect your point, I enjoy the game, I am up to Apostasy Prologue and I am talking about new people. While for you it might seem really simple, what keeps a game alive is its ability to retain players.

I want to see all people who play Warframe love the experience and if they stay then that's great, if not at least they had fun, maybe even invested a little money.

2 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

*looks at title*

For the record, I thought it would be obvious when people read the post but the 'I WANT TO QUIT' part of the title is a quote, me quoting my friend who got very bored during Natah.

35 minutes ago, Etrionas said:

Honestly how many players get tired of the game because it feels like all they do is sit around Hydron waiting for affinity?

Closing in on the point I just want to sell all my Rivens and then well ... get banned or something. I dunno.

MR 24, all frames, really bored AF, grinding affinity and focus for luls, disappointed by the lack of blatant fanservice, hates the operator aesthetic, seeing the graphics get dated, unhappy with the nerfs.

Yes, I am also a player who never bothered with the Hydrolyst, or premade Eidolon squads. Why? I don't care when I can just buy the Arcanes from trade chat.

Heck the only thing that keeps me playing is helping my friends out and the movement system. I really like Warframe's movement system. Everything else ... meh.

Edited by Guest

37 minutes ago, Etrionas said:

-Give an 8.4% xp (totalling 25.2% for a full squad) boost for non friends and an 11.10% xp (totalling 33% for a full squad) boost for friends to play together,

Absolutely not.

38 minutes ago, Etrionas said:

You guys put SO much work into story but some of it needs to be revisited to keep new players entertained and wanting to play

Here's the thing: they have actual data that nothing they do to "fix" the new player experience actually affects player retention. Either people like the game enough that they actively seek out info to fill in the gaps or they just don't want to play the game.

4 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Closing in on the point I just want to sell all my Rivens and then well ... get banned or something. I dunno.

MR 24, all frames, really bored AF, grinding affinity and focus for luls, disappointed by the lack of blatant fanservice, hates the operator aesthetic, seeing the graphics get dated, unhappy with the nerfs.

Heck the only thing that keeps me playing is helping my friends out and the movement system. I really like Warframe's movement system. Everything else ... meh.

Maybe you could get your clan to do solar rails or something, fight over dark sectors?

Just now, Etrionas said:

Maybe you could get your clan to do solar rails or something, fight over dark sectors?

Armistice right now. No solar rails for ever.

Anyway I am just another salty and bored player who has been around for a while. Nothing new 😀

10 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

*looks at title*

Edit after you changed the title:  👍

Sorry I didn't change the title, it was changed by a Moderator. Also as stated previously it was a quote.

Just now, Datam4ss said:

Armistice right now. No solar rails for ever.

Anyway I am just another salty and bored player who has been around for a while. Nothing new 😀

That's unfortunate. Makes the game very stagnant for you guys I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Etrionas said:

Hey,

While I respect your point, I enjoy the game, I am up to Apostasy Prologue and I am talking about new people. While for you it might seem really simple, what keeps a game alive is its ability to retain players.

I want to see all people who play Warframe love the experience and if they stay then that's great, if not at least they had fun, maybe even invested a little money.

as I said, Warframe at it's core is a looter, it differs from Diablo by the fact that you are not just grinding for some equip with a couple of levels higher so that you can farm in a place with higher level enemies and so on.

on Warframe you have a lot of stuff to do, farming affinity is not the only thing to do, you can Hunt eidolons for Arcanes, run sorties for rivens or legendary cores, doing fissures for primes, trade for plat, run invasions, ESO for affinity and relics and so on, if a player finds it very repetitive or boring, he/she is either burned out or doesn't like this genre

at the end of the day, Warframe is a free game, if you like it good, if you dont nobody is forcing you to play it, you can get all the content in game except the prime accessories in game without spending a penny, raising XP gain is not a fix for someone who doesn't want to play a looter

I enjoyed all of the quests as a noob and I think this coming from someone who doesnt appear to have finished the main questline just wafts of impatience, to be blunt. Everything isn't meant to be discovered in a day. The time it takes to complete certain quests is a guide insofar as, no, you aren't going to get your whole cake instantly here.

Instead of trying to change things before you've even finished them all, maybe try some patience and take some time to pay attention to the story being told, immerse yourself in it and stop trying to re-write scripts that are already well written. Natah tells an important part of the story leading into The Second Dream so if youre so bored, you are clearly not paying attention to it.

As for XP, play the game. It's far more boring watching new players want taxi's everywhere all the time because they want to speed level and unlock nothing.

14 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

I enjoyed all of the quests as a noob and I think this coming from someone who doesnt appear to have finished the main questline just wafts of impatience, to be blunt. Everything isn't meant to be discovered in a day. The time it takes to complete certain quests is a guide insofar as, no, you aren't going to get your whole cake instantly here.

Instead of trying to change things before you've even finished them all, maybe try some patience and take some time to pay attention to the story being told, immerse yourself in it and stop trying to re-write scripts that are already well written. Natah tells an important part of the story leading into The Second Dream so if youre so bored, you are clearly not paying attention to it.

As for XP, play the game. It's far more boring watching new players want taxi's everywhere all the time because they want to speed level and unlock nothing.

I have finished the main questline, I am speaking with regards to people who I join in game or who I recruit to the game.

52 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Absolutely not.

Here's the thing: they have actual data that nothing they do to "fix" the new player experience actually affects player retention. Either people like the game enough that they actively seek out info to fill in the gaps or they just don't want to play the game.

Hey,

Could you point me at that data, I would love to see it?

3 hours ago, Etrionas said:

Hey,

Could you point me at that data, I would love to see it?

It was mentioned in the NoClip doc, as far as I remember. Might have been on a DevStream or Prime Time. I forget precisely where, though, sorry.

14 hours ago, peterc3 said:

It was mentioned in the NoClip doc, as far as I remember. Might have been on a DevStream or Prime Time. I forget precisely where, though, sorry.

Yeah it was Steve Sinclair who said it. Fair enough, I agree but I also think that we need to get players into that Second Dream content in a way that isn't going to bore the stuff out of them.

How many players look at the game and think 'I like that level of complexity, I am gonna stay' and then stop playing after the Natah quest line?

I'm not suggesting that this take precedence over new content, I am suggesting that we as a community go and play through the quest, as veterans and ask if that's something we enjoy, and if not, how can we fix it?

Edited by Etrionas