Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting rid of Nekros shields

tprx

How about getting rid of Nekros shields entirely? It's like a vestigial remain from another time. With despoil's mechanics it would only make sense to simply rely on health. And those hijack missions would be accessible for Nekros, which at this time are just incompatible. How putting tons of shields and recharge on him even makes sense?

Get rid of the shields, add some health, with Desecrate (with or without Despoil and Health Conversion), you spam health globes from fallen enemies. So as long as you're killing, you have an inexhaustive source of Health. Hence no need for shields and their mods. If you mod for shields for an Hijack mission, you lose functionality. If you guys haven't played Nekros, I get it. But shields on Nekros are just keeping you from using Health conversion armor bonuses if you don't have Despoil equipped. And that's an extra 1350 armor you won't get when that Bombard two-shoot you in the face BECAUSE you have shields!

24 minutes ago, tprx said:

Get rid of the shields, add some health, with Desecrate (with or without Despoil and Health Conversion), you spam health globes from fallen enemies. So as long as you're killing, you have an inexhaustive source of Health. Hence no need for shields and their mods. If you mod for shields for an Hijack mission, you lose functionality. If you guys haven't played Nekros, I get it. But shields on Nekros are just keeping you from using Health conversion armor bonuses if you don't have Despoil equipped. And that's an extra 1350 armor you won't get when that Bombard two-shoot you in the face BECAUSE you have shields!

Use a decaying dragon key.

Nekros is fine as is. We have two no-shields frames already, and I'm sure we'll receive plenty more. No need to change Nekros for that.

Edited by NezuHimeSama

14 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Didn't think about that, thanks for the suggestion. Will try that and see how it goes :)

Still, won't solve the problem that Nekros isn't suited for Hijack missions.

Edited by tprx

57 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Nekros is fine as is. We have two no-shields frames already, and I'm sure we'll receive plenty more. No need to change Nekros for that.

But they have health steal passives and thousands of health that keep them tanky. Nekros doesn't. 

Edited by (XB1)IllRWBY RosellI

21 minutes ago, (XB1)IllRWBY RosellI said:

But they have health steal passives and thousands of health that keep them tanky. Nekros doesn't. 

Revisit Nekros powers and passive. His passive gives him health every time an enemy dies. His desecrate gives almost always an health orb when an enemy dies. His aura has no affinity, so you could equip a rejuvenation (though I prefer steel charge, infested impedence or corrosive projection). Plus, he can divert about 48% damage on his specters if things get dicy. And as an added note, I personally have 1000 health on my Nekros Prime. Isn't that in the thousand of health?

47 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

I don't see how getting rid of the thing that makes Hijack work is going to somehow make Nekros better for hijack but okay

For Nydus and Inaros, who doesn't have shields, the Hijack object draws from their health pool directly. With health globes spamming from almost every dead enemy, that's an easy way to keep our health maxed, thus moving the object forward.

1 hour ago, Nazrethim said:

Why not go further? Why not remove both shields AND energy from him? Just make all his abilities to work with Health.

Why not remove Health from you? (grumble grumble nay sayer grumble grumble)

1 minute ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Or, it could just... draw from shields, which restore automatically anyway?

Have you tried an hijack mission with Nekros? I did, and had to abandon. It would have been a failure anyway. That wasn't fun. At all.

1 minute ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Nay saying is important. If nobody criticizes ideas, then bad ideas are implemented without any thought.

Criticising ideas is wealthy. Shooting down ideas to get likes is just bully.

It may have been sarcastic, or it may have been a genuine suggestion, but seeing as Inaros actually has that function, it's not that outlandish. You can't say "get rid of shields" and then naysay "get rid of energy", since the same justifications you made for removing shields could be made for removing energy as well.(and many players effectively do this for desecrate via despoil)

1 hour ago, NezuHimeSama said:

It may have been sarcastic, or it may have been a genuine suggestion, but seeing as Inaros actually has that function, it's not that outlandish. You can't say "get rid of shields" and then naysay "get rid of energy", since the same justifications you made for removing shields could be made for removing energy as well.(and many players effectively do this for desecrate via despoil)

I get your point, but doesn't removing Nekros energy makes him a one ability frame? No more CC (Terrify) or "Get out of Jail" free card (Shadows of the Dead). In fact, equipping Equilibrium makes sure that Nekros never needs energy uptake - he gets it from the health pick-ups. So he can spam his other abilities with impunity.

Or did you mean getting rid of energy to allow all his abilities to be fueled by health?

Just now, tprx said:

I get your point, but doesn't removing Nekros energy makes him a one ability frame? No more CC (Terrify) or "Get out of Jail" free card (Shadows of the Dead). In fact, equipping Equilibrium makes sure that Nekros never needs energy uptake - he gets it from the health pick-ups. So he can spam his other abilities with impunity.

Or did you mean getting rid of energy to allow all his abilities to be fueled by health?

That was what the person suggested.

hace 1 hora, tprx dijo:

This is exactly what I meant. And I'm serious about it. Perhaps they could be tweaked to drain a x% of health instead of a flat number and his passive restoring a % too to balance it out.

Edited by Nazrethim