Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Stasis Idea/Fix

Kairo-Kuraku

What if we took a separate spin on Limbo:

Control over the 4th dimension. Time. A T-vo for enemy actions.
Rift no longer being a physical plane, but control over time and energy.

In the lore,

Spoiler

The first Limbo is destroyed while trying to put himself into the rift.

Perhaps entering that rift isn't the right idea, but controlling it, is.

Have his first 3 abilities give Limbo some timed benefit, with effect if directed at Cataclysm.

1 Pause: Limbo gains a +XX% to Evade. Applies pause effect to targets in Cataclysm.

2 Rewind: Damage done to Limbo's shields are converted to energy at XX% efficiency.
                Reverses movement of enemies and their projectiles within the Cataclysm.
                Projectile striking the weapon of origin, jam it, releasing a small burst of energy.

3 Fast Forward: Limbo gains a +XX% movement/projectile/fire rate increase.
                Enemies within Cataclysm move faster, but get a -XX% to accuracy, and damage.

4 Cataclysm: Creates a rift in time which Limbo may use his other skills to alter.
                Switch Range over time loss for channel.
                Allow Limbo's new 2 energy gain bonus to benefit him while channeled. 

While allies are in the area of the cataclysm:
                Abilities cast are more expensive, but allies gain the benefit of Limbo's personal buffs.
                (Just like Curative Undertow has a stronger drain for healing allies.)

The course of enemy projectiles that have dealt damage cannot be changed.

Edited by kapn655321

You people are really overcomplicating this.

1. Stasis no longer affects friendly projectiles and

2. Being Banished/Cataclysm'd no longer interrupts console hacks or prevents interaction with map objects

Two very simple changes and suddenly, Limbo is fine and welcome on most squads.  For the whiners going on about Stasis being OP if it doesn't stop friendly fire, then halve the duration or something like that.

11 hours ago, Kairo-Kuraku said:

It's not DE's fault. Veteran players should not be punished for being better than new players. 

DE needs to stop giving the reason for new players and Vets to play together like alerts, invasions, sorties, and fissures. All of that is lower content stuff (sortie is more mid) that everyone does because they may need stuff from there and/or its the only options out there. Sure, endless missions move into High Level, but at best you're playing for a half hour before you get there. DE isn't pissing anyone off, people just need to learn to grow up and learn how to deal with things and not just say, "I hate this, change it!" 

Besides they should focus on the Vets more anyway, to keep us coming back.

I agree.  New players have the entire game to look forward to.  They have tons of content.  What we need is content that is flat out restricted by a flat MR 20 minimum and rank 30 items and frames.  ESO is a step in the right direction, but frankly we need more stuff to do to keep us out of newbie space.  That means more systems to gain power and more grinds that aren't accessible (focus is a good step, but lots of people have already maxed this, more ideas like it that instead apply to other things would be good.  I've floated ideas on this in the past like ship combat and upgrades, as well as other game modes.  They have all been ignored so far as I can tell.).

That said, as long as there are rewards worth farming I'll still head back to newbie zones to grab them because I can farm them faster and easier and sell more of them, this is something that because of the in game economy that I don't think can be properly fixed.  The only way to really fix it is to let the market do it's thing, and additionally, have more content to grind and be tradeable.

For example, while I can grind lots of low level items, I won't grind most of them because they are worthless to me when they trade at less than 10p... having more content to grind and earn (like arcanes in cetus) gives me something more valuable to grind that keeps me out of those spaces.  Having MORE endgame content is the answer, it's the only answer, and continuing to lick the taint of casuals and newbies is NOT the answer.

Edited by Klokwerkaos

17 hours ago, dopey_opi said:

You people are really overcomplicating this.

1. Stasis no longer affects friendly projectiles and

2. Being Banished/Cataclysm'd no longer interrupts console hacks or prevents interaction with map objects

I feel like I didn't over complicate it at all. I gave that first suggestion, I think DE would be against it as it would be a one size fits all for every situation. I included other options because only giving one would be worthless and unpreductive. 

As for the second, that's just a change of rules for Limbo, which has been brought up before here and I just need to edit the OP

19 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

What if we took a separate spin on Limbo:

Control over the 4th dimension. Time. A T-vo for enemy actions.
Rift no longer being a physical plane, but control over time and energy.

That's a completely new frame. The only thing left from present Limbo is Cataclysm and that doesn't even seem to be the same. I do not want a rework, none of the current Limbo players want that and neither does DE I'm sure. You have some interesting ideas, but that's not for this thread. We only need a change in functionality and some changes in rules for Limbo.