Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need welp with Limbo

(XBOX)FlameBoss57192

Question

8 answers to this question

ok, one good idea i have is this... so you got limbo correct?

ok cool, then go to your menu ok. 

right, now what you need to do is this, one thing that will make everyone love you.

go to solo in limbo.

nah just kidding, a good tactic is going in a group on enemies and use the AOE power, then use stasis, it will freeze everything there, including your bullets i think, so then go Melee 

So Limbo passive is being able to shift between planes via roll. Enemies on opposite of the plane cannot harm you and his whole kit is based around that. His 1st ability banish allows you to banish a small group of enemies (or teammates) to the rift. His 2nd ability stops time for banished enemies (movement, projectiles). His 3rd ability charges enemies with void energy that are banished. His 4th ability tears a rift between planes allowing anyone in the given area to switch planes. Ill go over his normal combat situation so you can get an idea of how he works

First thing to know is Limbo is about separating enemies from one another. You can only banish enemies that are on the same plane as you. Meaning you can banish someone to the rift from the normal plane on the normal plane and you can banish an enemy from the rift back to the normal plane from the rift. Hopefully that didnt sound confusing. So gameplay wise it wont go something like this

1. Use first ability to banish an enemy (or a few)

2. Dash into the rift (Via roll function)

3. Quickly deal with the enemy you banish

The idea behind this is separating the enemy plus yourself from outside sources. Because neither you or the enemy you banish will take damage from any enemy or teammate you didnt banish. Now on to his 2nd ability Stasis. Stasis stops enemy movement and gunfire (and teammates). Pretty straightforward. So the gameplay around this ability would be either 1 or 2 ways

1. Banish an enemy or using your 4th on a large crowd

2. Dash into the rift.

3. Use Stasis

4. Either can go full melee to kill your enemies or fire a few rounds at a few enemies (your bullets will suspend in the air until you end the ability). Once you fire your weapons at your helpless targets and you end stasis early. All weapon fire will resume their flight paths at whatever/whoever you was shooting at. I guess its a way for your targets to take a quite bit of dmg all at once without you ever getting shot at.

Now as for Rift surge. This will take some good practice before you really understand when to use this ability. As for this ability. When you have enemies in your rift and cast rift surge. Enemies in your rift will have this electrical aura around them. What you would do would pretty much is dash into the rift and send your banished enemy back into the normal plane. But instead of goin back into the normal plane. The enemy would just banish himself back into the rift with anyone close to him. So technically its a way to get extra enemies into your rift if you banish the surged enemy and he is around others without you leaving the rift plane. Or you could cast your 4th and use rift surged and end your 4th ability and instead of everyone going back to the normal plane. They will just banish themselves to the rift. Takes some getting getting use to but more you use limbo then you will get how to use this ability.

His 4th is pretty straightforward too. It tears open a rift and anyone can travel between planes. So now I explained his kit. Lets say you decided to do a Sortie alone with Limbo. His play style is sorta like this

1. Load into a mission. Dash into the Rift (You also gain energy while in the rift)

2. Activate Stasis. 

3. Dash back into the normal plane and banish an enemy or activate your 4th if its quite bit of enemies

4. Quickly dash back into the rift plane or end your 4th ability if you used it.

5. Kill the enemy with melee or first a few round in his head (enemy wont take dmg until you end stasis thou)

6. (See enemies gathering around my frozen banished enemy)

7. Activate rift surge.

8. Banish the enemy thats already in the rift. This causes the enemy to banish himself the 2nd time plus all the enemies around him in the normal plane.

9. Now the newly banished enemies are frozen in time because of Stasis 

10. Deal with then accordingly. 

His gameplay should be somewhere like this once you start to know his kit. Ill explain more indepth of anything your still confused on

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

Makey Biggy Bubble..

Pusssh Pause button. Kill everything.

Dont use Banish on anything but Sortie Defense targets or Rescue Operatives or Kavor Defectors.

this is basic limbo...

Advanced, and currently suggested. Max Duration with Narrow Minded. Use a Range mod if you want a slightly bigger than tiny bubble. Pop your bubble on defense targets. this creates a small bubble just big enough to protect your defense target of choice from damage. this is the best way to ensure constant victory against Grineer and Infested in Defense / excavation / Kuva Survival / Mobile Defense. 

the next two are better after the upcoming changes.

More Advanced, Max out with 300% duration and 200% range. Nothing else needed, you are forever in your Bubble. Have Cataclysms Augment. Create Bubble on Defense target. This works with the same as previous, but can also be effective in Interception at defending a single node (you need range to cover both terminals to do this effectively)

Even More advanced, Create big bubble, Use Stasis and Rift Surge, Use Rift Surge Augment. Have Max range and over 100% Power Str and at least 100-150% duration.. This gives you a huge Damage bonus and allows you to Utilize it against targets that are not able to fight back.. you can also use Cataclysm Augment for longer lasting bubble. this build can actually spread the rift constantly even if Cataclysm wears off or dissappears thanks to the huge Banish Radius on Surge. just remember that even after they change stasis, this leaves enemies in the rift with out leaving a bubble your allies can attack them from the inside of.

right now most people will tell you doing anything other than minimal range is "being a bad limbo" well anyone who has put effort into learning all of Limbos secrets can tell you that is nonsense.

they will also say that Limbo is godmode in certain mission types... Well fact is that even if you go Minimal range, fighting Corrupted and Corpus is a bad idea with Limbo.. Nullifier bubbles are a real danger to limbo, instantly popping Cataclysm bubbles and able to take you out of the rift. So yeah, Either you shrink your bubble when fighting corpus or Corrupted and accept the fact that you will have to leave the safety of the rift to deal with those bubbles.

Try the Azima, fire a Mag outside the bubble and jump back in when a nullifier approaches.

oh and i am sad i will no longer be able to make a big bubble, push pause, and run around setting up headshots with the Ogris so that when i jump to a safe area and unpause, explosions happen everywhere killing everything... small price to pay for the sanity given to not having to worry about "dude who never uses any weapon other the Arca Plasmor" breaking stasis constantly... or the people with Beam weapons.....

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

In other terms, you want to use your 4th, where you basically create a space (bubble) of the rift, which means anyone outside of the rift (Limbo's exclusive dimension) cannot deal any damage to anything inside, and this is the same for the other way around. Once you cast your 4th (directly after), you want to use your second, which freezes time inside the rift for all enemies. This also includes all bullets, meaning weapons are useless, and even if you shoot, the bullets will simply stay stuck in time, and once stasis (2nd ability) wears off, the bullets will go flying around wherever they would under normal conditions. Which is why you just melee everything in the map. 

Now, I'd go for a max range and duration build, as damage simply does not matter for a 4th stasis build. You can use efficiency (streamline) if you'd like, but you don't really need it because of limbo's passive (3 energy per/s when inside the rift, including his 4th - cataclysm). On top of this, you may want to use at least vigor, because Limbo is really vulnerable when not inside his rift (invincibility). 

So the rift is an alternate dimension where everything is the same, yet slightly different. It's a parallel universe where you can see everyone in the normal dimension (let's call it x) and everyone in x can see you, but neither of you can do anything to each other, in this case, damage. Provided you are in the rift, with no one else in your rift, you are invincible. Which is how the 4th works, you make a certain part of the map the rift. 

His 1st: Banishing people in/out of the rift, including allies. This makes him ideal for rescue missions, because you can just put people in the rift and make them invincible. Of course, this is temporary.

His 2nd: Freezes anything (besides you and your allies) in the rift. Has no affect in x, simply ensures any enemy or bullet in the rift will be frozen for a specific amount of time. 

His 3rd: I don't really understand this one, but from what I can see, it is basically something that makes his banish spread on enemies and banishes multiple enemies when it wears off/killed.

His 4th: A space of rift and energy regen. Anything in here cannot harm those in x, and anything in x cannot hurt anything/anyone in the rift.

Hope this help xD

1 hour ago, (XB1)FlameBoss57192 said:

I just got Limbo and tbh pretty confusing to use him like I don’t know when to use each ability or what’s best for him so yeah I need welp.

Join me when i am online and i will take you for a ride with Limbo and you can test it yourself

Edited by (XB1)Oussii