Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] The Sacrifice

digimbyte

Gotta say, it was pretty disappointing.
Sure you get Umbra, an excal variant with unique prime mods

but the questline was lackluster. for all the hype it boiled down to a chase akin to chroma's with a few cutscenes at the start and finish.
I am skipping over the Komi/ballas parts because how they were integrated and the flow of them was spot on. Would like to have a proper mini-game with Komi against ballas in the future.
but a few things, many people had trouble finding the umbra parts, it could have been streamlined a bit with tracing fragments in the air or something like you do for a cephalon target.

but the main gripe is the lack of missions to build the frame. it would have been nice if you had to track down new unique mods by fighting against umbra till it retreats or is pulled away for whatever reason. fundamentally for all the hype, there was actually little to do and little grind for the payout.
and in the end, we got 5 or more unique prime mods all half maxed for 3 capture missions?
but there is another drawback, if you have the default amp as some people don't wish to use the new amps, have had difficulty doing it. mainly in the second and last confrontations with umba.is this intentional? 

TLDR, it would have been nice to have a more scavenger hunt before facing umbra as an operator. we basically skipped first and second base and the climax came too soon for the little grind we potentially could have had.
the content that is there, is GOOD. its just not padded enough.

Edited by digimbyte

what I'm saying is fundamentally the quest just hands you all this stuff for no actual work while the game expects you to work for non-quest items. the quests normally have some grind to it, limbo's being the most painful that I can recall. but Umbra's was quite easy, almost like a drive-through movie. good movie. but no actual doing anything to make it feel like the rewards and confrontation for umbra paid off.

1 hour ago, digimbyte said:

Gotta say, it was pretty disappointing.
Sure you get Umbra, an excal variant with unique prime mods

but the questline was lackluster. for all the hype it boiled down to a chase akin to chroma's with a few cutscenes at the start and finish.

I was just thinking that the interstitial cutscenes were okay (although I hate interactive cutscenes...like, I don't want to play Connect 4 with Ballas, can we just move this along?), but the missions were entirely forgettable, about 80% running simulator. It was like being in a pub group with a nuke Trinity. 

However, it's totally worth it to find out that the fifth element was Love. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

While i will say umbra is actually pretty damn neat to play and most of the quest is good but I'm going to say this. Where is the sacrifice? Lotus leaves us. Already knew she was a sentient and whether she left because of Ballas being killed by us{not confirmed shes leaving because of that or that was the plan anyways) so no sacrifice here. Did we sacrifice an Excalibur to be upgaded to umbra? No. Seems DE created all the puzzle pieces but fumbled putting it together at the final corner. The FINAL BATTLE with Ballas is so bland and anticlimactic its worth wondering if any of the hype around this character was worth it at all. Ballas had the potential to be a big overarching antagonist to us Tenno but nope, bland and dare I say cliched 'I am invincibl- oh maybe not'. I love DE and this game but i feel let down by the quests CONCLUSION. Personally for the final scene I would have preferred Natah/Lotus to have intervened forcing a standstill to the fighting as it would seem that she has reason to protect the Tenno but also to protect Ballas providing some kind of conflict of interest being 'Mother' of the Tenno and Lover of Ballas, maybe even giving some kind of farewell{for now) before both left for possibly the Tau system citing the reason being the Tenno have grown to be able to look out for themselves and so she can for the first time, live peacefully.

-Sidenote-

The only other problem I foresee is with how Umbra came to be, is that given he is made from an honoured Dax as 'punishment of sorts' no other warframes could become 'Umbrafied' without it ponentially messing with their current lore. Then again the lore is a  teeny bit skewed in sense of the tenno gaining legends and their own heirarchy in the span of about 4-6 years during the old war. Maybe a jumpstart of outdated lore may be in order, maybe not. But making another Umbra{if they plan to) will be awkward as far as I can see. This is all my opinion so if you wanted it to be different or happy with the conclusion we got then thats ok.  I just thought it was a unmemorable ending that i'll forget what happened in maybe a week or two and i didnt want that, i want to remember the ending to any of DE's content with glee like i do the chains of harrow and how damn creepy, unsettling and scary it was overall.

Loved the mimic sentients and hope thy appear in lua missions outside of the sacrifice quests now.

5 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

However, it's totally worth it to find out that the fifth element was Love. 

As amusing it would be to yell 'nakama power' at Umbra, it is actually compassion because Umbra is 'unique' in its design being a person trapped inside Umbra.

Can't be arsed to finish it because of the one fight as Tenno vs Umbra? I get the dislike of tenno combat, I dislike it too..mainly because it loks like the tenno has S#&$ themselves when they are 'running.