Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinion and Feedback on the new UI

PanzerYeena

So far, I am not particularly enjoying the new UI. It's pleasant to look at and works for the most part, but it feels horribly uninformative compared to the previous version.

Examples:

- The fact that item names aren't displayed in the inventory makes it annoying to find things, especially if one has multiples of a single item. Hovering over each item to see if it's the right one is just irritating. You might say "use the search bar", but sometimes scrolling through an alphabetically ordered list is quicker and easier than typing it out.

- Another example is the ducat kiosk: Everything looks the same and nothing shows a name.

- The squad UI is perhaps my least favourite thing in the entire update: It used to be you could tap Escape and see exactly what frames and relics your squadmates had equipped, but now you need to actively inspect each one.

- Rectangles worked far better than squares for Warframe. Most weapons are longer than they are tall on their icons and the mods are all rectangular. Shoving it all in squares either cuts off the sides of icons or makes for a lot of wasted space above and below the mod, not to mention the reduced font size.

Additional bug and issue report:

- Frequent "NETWORK NOT RESPONDING" popups.

- The game occasionally freezes to a black screen when entering the navigation. Happened twice in 2 days.

I can sum up my opinion (I work in design...) on the new UI in one simple phrase... style over substance.

Basically DE have fallen into the trap of making it look 'pretty' (although I'd personally change a fair bit) at the expense of usability. 

10 minutes ago, K9Fenrir said:

- The squad UI is perhaps my least favourite thing in the entire update: It used to be you could tap Escape and see exactly what frames and relics your squadmates had equipped, but now you need to actively inspect each one.

Yes this annoys me too

-I agree that being unable to see the names of what items you have without scrolling over them makes it a serious issue, especially when selling surplus nonPrime components and even weapons you've maxed. 

-Icons for most items and weapons are showing nonPrime versions. This must be fixed.

-Icons could do with being rectangular for consistency, using the extra square area to fit the item name.

-Syndicate and Simulacrum spawning UI uses inventory UI. This must be amended imminently.

-UI colours look a little faded.

-Squad has plenty of UI space to show what people are using. It doesn't show what they're using until you click on their icons, which makes preparing for a mission with radiants or derelict vault keys slower.