Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Would Like To See Visually Streamlined Primary Weapons (When Not In Use)

Sgaterboy

I have reached the point in Warframe where I no longer count DPS or accuracy as significant attributes in my weapons.  I just play with what I find to be the most fun, regardless of how much or what type of damage it does.

There, now that I've lost about three fourths of you, I'd like to offer up something that I would like to see in the game, and maybe get some feedback on whether the community would support this idea.

I find that my favorite features of some weapons is the way that they look on the warframe when not in use. The Kunai, Despair, Hikou, Furax, Kestrel, Kogaki, etc are some of my favorites because they "blend in" with the character's model, and seem to be more integrated into the warframe than other weapons.

I know that several people have offered up the idea of being able to "unequip" weapons, and go without a primary weapon on a mission (for example). The only logical reason I can think of for this proposal would be for cosmetic reasons.

What I would like to propose is a primary weapon which, when not in use, will blend into the warframe's model - as opposed to just being stored "floating" a few inches off of the warframe's back.

. . .  Ideas?

Edited by Sgaterboy

A compact bow, yes, originally, the Ninja wouldn't carry anything that limited their travel speed, so, light, compact, and deadly was their motto.

We should have a compact set of Primary, Secondary and Melee weapons, so that we could look more like Ninjas, and not some weirdos with strange suits, big weapons and run around at 10 miles per hour, with no speed reduction, or weight increase.

Silly...

Are you thinking of something like what Mass Effect does with collapsing weapons? I wouldn't mind if something similar was done in this game, as long as it made sense for the weapon in question for it to be able to collapse or be sheathed.

Edited by LazyKnight

Are you thinking of something like what Mass Effect does with collapsing weapons? I wouldn't mind if something similar was done in this game, as long as it made sense for the weapon in question for it to be able to collapse or be sheathed.

Exactly... I think it would be unreasonable to go back and redo any weapons in the game, but if the designers could look into creating a new primary weapon with this feature, I think it would see a fair amount of use.

If I may take the RWBY route, I'd like to see weapons that fold in to themselves.  Like the Boltor collapsing into a small box, or the Gremlin's 20 (distance) long magazines folding in to the gun. Also, bows and other "primal" weapons should have folding features, as the string clips through the Warframe.