Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infestation Music

Spartan336

So I'm running in an Infestation capture mission on Eris and I notice that the same 3 second 'creepy' violin loop is playing. it goes on for about a minute before stopping and going into the rest of the song. This was pretty irritating, so I'd like to see things like that fixed. 

It was part of the combat music, which only shuts down once the game considers yourself out of combat. It's kind of like what DOOM does, except well, let's be blunt, DOOM's soundtrack design is amazing and it does it better. (sorry) But if this is a result of that system glitching, or just the system in general, you should probably look into that and fix it. That's my theory of what the cause is. 

The music for Infested nodes is generally like this, sad to say. It's the only music in the game I actively dislike. I've been wondering if they ever planned to do a rework of it, but after integrating it so deeply into the game I doubt they will.

You mean that part when violins go turkey?    

I dont like it too.    Such music were ok in Dead space, where encounters are not constant and enemies are "scarier" than infested.  Atmosphere is different.

Personally i would play Violin section only when Ancients with LOTS of infested appear (enemy number on the tile reaches 15 while Ancient is present). 

Because when there are just chargers or runners....not enough tension for Violins.  Lesser infested are like crates....you just cut em open while running through the level. No need for battle music here at all.  All they deserve is ambient tune.

• 2 weeks later...

That screeching crap fest is #2 or 3 in your orbiter Mandichord also and last I looked even if you have the game set to one song it could glitch and start playing other songs again and that crap ALWAYS plays near the beginning.   Corruption whatever is the song.  

I appreciate the feeling they were going for but that track needs majorly reworked to be more pleasing.  Intensity does NOT have to = ear bleeding.