Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Vault: Shared primed gears and mods?

Ciri

I did a simple search on the forum but couldn't find posts related to my suggestion:

A clan vault that clanmates can store things that they don't need such as primed gears, mods (including riven mods). The idea is to have a vault that can act like a "player" that all clanmates can "trade" with. Just imagine a dedicated player who is online 24/7 to act as an intermediate storage. Basically, anything that is tradable can be put in the clan vault.  

Of course clanmates will have to use their daily trades to take/put stuff from/in the vault and for riven mods I think it would only be fair that clanmates need to purchase to unlock more slots and there should be a maximum slots that you can purchase (just like the way it is in your orbiter).

One reason behind this idea was the other day some clanmates were asking for spare primed parts/riven mods in our clan and turned out the others did have some spares. But due to work, time zone difference, etc. the trades got delayed and eventually people forgot about them. Months later someone picked it up and we were all like "man that's annoying". Many of our clanmates have been playing warframe for a couple years but now we are all busy with work/school and don't have much time when we can all be online. We were even thinking to make a "shared" account within the clan but that goes against the rules : (.

Edit:

The idea is about bypassing the restriction that two clanmates have to be online at the same in order to trade. It's not so much about giving out free stuff to just anyone. At least that was not my original intention. 

Suggested by @Elanair, we can also consider an offline trading mode.

Thoughts?

Edited by Ciri

8 minutes ago, Ciri said:

I did a simple search on forum but couldn't find posts related to my suggestion:

A clan vault that clanmates can store things that they don't need such as primed gears, mods (including riven mods). The idea is to have a vault that can act like a "player" that all clanmates can "trade" with. Basically anything that is tradable can be put in the clan vault.  

Of course clanmates will have to use their daily trades to take/put stuff from/in the vault and for riven mods I think it would only be fair that clanmates need to purchase to unlock more slots and there should be a maximum slots that you can purchase (just like the way it is in your orbiter).

One reason behind this idea was the other day some clanmates were asking for spare primed parts/riven mods in our clan and turned out the others did have some spares. But due to work, time zone difference, etc. the trades got delayed and eventually people forgot about them. Months later someone picked it up and we were all like "man thats annoying". Many of our clanmates have been playing warframe for a couple years but now we are all busy with work/school and don't have much time when we can all be online. We were even thinking make a "shared" account within the clan but that goes against the rules : (.

Thoughts?

I see a problem of 1 clan mate coming in and wiping out the vault and leaving

vor 1 Minute schrieb paul5473:

Well then you have a poor sense of recruiting.
If you just invite everybody to your clan just to "fill" the numbers, then its your own fault.

1 minute ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Well then you have a poor sense of recruiting.
If you just invite everybody to your clan just to "fill" the numbers, then its your own fault.

What about old members who maybe does the same thing?

1 minute ago, paul5473 said:

Exactly what I was thinking, what would stop someone from looting and selling everything? This would work in a private clan but not anywhere else. Tried to think of ways to prevent this but nothing practical comes to mind

5 minutes ago, paul5473 said:

What about old members who maybe does the same thing?

At the end of the day its about trust. Both when you put your stuff in the clan vault and give people access to the clan vault. But it would be a lot more convenient within the clan

Edited by Ciri
gramma

3 minutes ago, paul5473 said:

Then you're back to moving it into your own inventory and then to the member that wants it

The point is, newly joined players won't have access to the vault.

It's about bypassing the restricting that two clanmates have to be online at the same in order to trade. It's not so much about giving out free stuff to just anyone. At least that was not my original intension. 

Edited by Ciri

Instead of this we should be able to make trades while offline once we insert the right items and agree on the same thing.

Example:

Player #1: Wants to start a trade with Player #2 so he sends a request to the other player (who is offline atm) through a trading post and inserts the item in the trading post along with a message telling him what he wants in return. After doing that the players log out.

Player #2: Sees that he got a trade message, goes to the trading post and notices that he received a trading request, the item that Player #1 (who is now offline) placed along with the message are both visible, so Player #2 posts his own item and clicks 'Ok' since he considers it a fair trade. Then he logs out too.

Player #1: Sees that Player #2 has placed the desired item and also confirmed the trade by clicking 'Ok' so he does the same which prompts the trade to take effect. Player #1 will receive his item instantly since he's logged in and Player #2 will receive his the moment he logs back in and checks the trading post.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement this, but it would help not only clan mates but also other trades since this would allow us to trade while offline while making everything clear and visible for both parties.

There are several problems.

First that would mean that the other player would not have to obtain said items to actually use them to gain MR. This would mean that there would be little incentive for players to get prime gear themselves in various means and just wait out or hope that someone would drop their items to a vault. This would also harm the playerbase of fissure missions. Additionally this would make it so that a group of players would wait out at the vault and grab whatever they can, which is not good for gameplay experience, game health nor DE goal. Further it would also severely influence the economics of the game by effectively inflating the market value of certain items and deflating others, which likely will have a market crash and catastrophic results.

I am sure that your lives are busy and all, but are you sure you can not squeeze 10 minutes in your 10 080 minute week (~0,00099...%/of week) to trade with each other, not even on the weekends? I am getting the impression that it is more about not having the will to put in effort to organize time to trade than it has to do with not having it, if that is really that important.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

2 hours ago, BETAOPTICS said:

There are several problems.

First that would mean that the other player would not have to obtain said items to actually use them to gain MR. This would mean that there would be little incentive for players to get prime gear themselves in various means and just wait out or hope that someone would drop their items to a vault. This would also harm the playerbase of fissure missions. Additionally this would make it so that a group of players would wait out at the vault and grab whatever they can, which is not good for gameplay experience, game health nor DE goal. Further it would also severely influence the economics of the game by effectively inflating the market value of certain items and deflating others, which likely will have a market crash and catastrophic results.

I am sure that your lives are busy and all, but are you sure you can not squeeze 10 minutes in your 10 080 minute week (~0,00099...%/of week) to trade with each other, not even on the weekends? I am getting the impression that it is more about not having the will to put in effort to organize time to trade than it has to do with not having it, if that is really that important.

It's not so much about not having any time at all to trade. It's like saying that "oh you need that? I have a spare" on a weekday over social media and then people forget about it until weeks/months later. 

Again, it was just a suggestion that I had that would make it more convenient for us. 

As for your point that it would "have a market crash and catastrophic results", it would be just the same as me giving my new clanmates free gears if I wanted. However, I didn't and I won't do so because I know it would not be good for their game enjoyment. 

Edited by Ciri

2 hours ago, Elanair said:

Instead of this we should be able to make trades while offline once we insert the right items and agree on the same thing.

Example:

Player #1: Wants to start a trade with Player #2 so he sends a request to the other player (who is offline atm) through a trading post and inserts the item in the trading post along with a message telling him what he wants in return. After doing that the players log out.

Player #2: Sees that he got a trade message, goes to the trading post and notices that he received a trading request, the item that Player #1 (who is now offline) placed along with the message are both visible, so Player #2 posts his own item and clicks 'Ok' since he considers it a fair trade. Then he logs out too.

Player #1: Sees that Player #2 has placed the desired item and also confirmed the trade by clicking 'Ok' so he does the same which prompts the trade to take effect. Player #1 will receive his item instantly since he's logged in and Player #2 will receive his the moment he logs back in and checks the trading post.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement this, but it would help not only clan mates but also other trades since this would allow us to trade while offline while making everything clear and visible for both parties.

Good idea! I was actually thinking about something similar on the way back.

Personally, this is really an excellent idea.

Because of the network reasons, I haven't played games for a while.This led to an indefinite delay in my appointment with a friend.

In fact, I haven't reached this Agreement for almost half a year.:sadcry:

I don't know if you have this problem,many of my friends are  foreigners  student (I am Chinese).

The time lag of more than ten hours makes our transaction difficult.

I also understand that it will be troublesome for producers to join the system.(Because there are too many places to think about)

But at least this idea is very good, hope DE can think about the necessity of this system, the advantages and disadvantages, hoping to see the system implementation.

• 1 month later...

What you want are mailboxes. Like this:

1. A member of the clan with right to place decorations can create mailbox decorations.
  2. A member of the clan with right to place decorations can assign the mailbox to a member of the clan.
  3. A member of the clan with right to place decorations can unassign the mailbox as long as it is empty.
  4. Any member of the clan can put things into the mailbox.
  5. If the mailbox has a player assigned, only that player can retrieve.
  6. If the mailbox has a player assigned, that players gets an inbox message when something is put into the mailbox.
  7. If the mailbox does not have a player assigned, any clan member with right to place decorations can retrieve.
  8. If a players leaves the clan while there are mailboxes assigned to them, those mailboxes become unassigned.
  9. Placing something into or taking from the mailbox counts as a trade, taxes apply (perhaps even higher taxes), and uses a daily trade.
  10. If there is something in the mailbox the decoration can be moved but not destroyed.

I hereby release this concept under CC0.

Edited by theraot