Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur rework ideas

EpicBred

7 hours ago, EpicBred said:

Im pretty sure even with 40% strength the javelins will one shot near the beginning of the game.

But yea again its more of a personal thing. Could we agree on the javelin half of the ability being a second augment for radial blind? You dont need the 300% increase of the other augment and can probably dedicate a slot to the augment in a low level build.

BTW i kind of expected the wukong thing for some reason. Its the same for me with excalibur.

Javelins deal 1000 damage, Overextended will drop it to 40% yeah, so 400. The Extinguished key on top of that will drop it to 100 damage per Javelin, which won't be enough to kill things unless they're in the level 1-5 sorta area.

I could see it being an augment though, Radiant Finish is certainly worthless.

1 minute ago, EpicBred said:

wat

The augment for Radial Blind? Is it not that?

I assumed that's what you were referring to, given increasing finisher damage is generally pointless because it does so much already. 

Ohhh. Second augment.... I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon :crylaugh:

vor 2 Stunden schrieb DeMonkey:

I assumed that's what you were referring to, given increasing finisher damage is generally pointless because it does so much already. 

Depends. With my new love skiajati, i can reliably one shot until level 150 bombards. With radiant finish I can one shot up to around lvl 400 - 500 bombards. Yea you dont need it in normal missions, but it definately has its use!

vor 2 Stunden schrieb DeMonkey:

Ohhh. Second augment.... I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon :crylaugh:

I know they havent done two augments for one ability yet, but I dont think its any extra efford to just add a second one for the same ability compared to adding one for an ability that doesnt have an augment yet. So why not?

Edited by EpicBred

15 hours ago, EpicBred said:

As for the rest of your post: true, one of those cast once and forget passives you need to refresh all the time wouldnt fit excalibur, he needs something active. You might like the singularity idea i added to the OP. Ill probably edit the other ideas in there quite a bit and replace some later.

I really like the idea from a functionality perspective. My fantasy with Excalibur is to be able to play him with nothing but a melee weapon, and the ability to drag in enemies at melee range would fit this very well. If I had one concern, though, it would be from a thematic perspective, as I feel the ability might need some sort of visual dressing up to fit the idea of a blade/light-centric frame.

15 hours ago, EpicBred said:

Still not happy with just giving radial javelin more killing power, the abilities design is just bad. But that might be a personal problem, since many people here seem to like it. Do you actually want the exact same ability with more damage or do you think DE wouldnt bother editing the ability more than just change some numbers?

I feel more damage could be valid under certain circumstances. Nidus's 1, for example, is a really basic and simplistic pure damage ability, but its capacity to increase its damage to massive levels has created a tremendously fun gameplay loop for the frame. If Excal's 3 ramped up in damage with the combo counter, he could effectively kill a ton of enemies individually, then press 3 for a powerful room clear as a reward afterwards. If he manages to infiltrate a room and get stealth attacks with the same ability, I also think he should be able to execute enemies immediately there too, adding to the layers of combos within his kit, especially his blind.

33 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

If Excal's 3 ramped up in damage with the combo counter, he could effectively kill a ton of enemies individually, then press 3 for a powerful room clear as a reward afterwards.

Now this is an excellent idea.

Well since he is supposed to be a swordsman why not replace RJ with a defensive stance. Like a channel but he is restricted to only his melee while the ability is active and he has a 50% chance at blocking attacks but can be increased to 100%. Or maybe like a shade step where he dodges bullets with quick reflex.

for me all abilities are good but only this radial javalin is what getting on my nerves,because it's useless after lvl30 or maybe 25 grineer,

i recommend:

1)-normal javalin can only hit 12 enemies,make it limitless like everyone in excal's range can get affected by it

2)-it can strip armor or it proc the status like corrosive(basically the elemental combo in your exalted blade)

3)-it's damage increase when exalted blade is channeled(same thing that happens with slash dash)

4)-increase casting speed(optional)

5)-increase it's damage output 

6)-crit chance and status chance scaling(with power strength)

7)-the casting feel unrealistic, how can you stab the sword on the floor mid air?

Edited by wisamabuzieed
i had a better ideas