Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Mirage's Eclipse bugged?

7vWIuV

When modded for strength I was supposed to have about 500% more damage and yet while testing on the Simulacrum I get about 120% more. Testing it on missions is difficult, damage varies a lot because of enemies moving but I got something close to that. I tested with different weapons and enemies and the result was pretty similar. Other frames with damage multiply abilities like Rhino and Chroma have proper multiplers, when it says 500% more it is indeed 5 times more the damage without the ability. Can someone else test this and confirm it to me?

I have noticed the same thing. I think some of the buffs like eclipse are additive to the weapon mods like serration, hornet strike and point blank, which could easily explain the lower than expected damage numbers. Or these buffs are completely broken and someone from DE needs to verify how they are being applied.

On that note, a buff of 500% should be 6x more damage, not 5x (100% more damage is double the damage).

Edited by runx0

9 minutes ago, runx0 said:

I have noticed the same thing. I think some of the buffs like eclipse are additive to the weapon mods like serration, hornet strike and point blank, which could easily explain the lower than expected damage numbers. Or these buffs are completely broken and someone from DE needs to verify how they are being applied.

On that note, a buff of 500% should be 6x more damage, not 5x (100% more damage is double the damage).

Well this sucks, because the description on the ability is exactly the same as the one from Chroma's Vex Armor and Rhino's Roar. I don't mind having different calculations for different abilities but that should be explicit. If it says 500% "DAMAGE INCREASE", like it does, then it should add 500% to the damage you're doing. I also don't like this because I feel Mirage's buff should do at least more damage than Rhino's and it's LESS! Isn't she a DPS focused frame?

Btw, I know it's 6x, I said 5 times more just to be consistent with the way the game describes it (or doesn't). 6x and 5x more 1 means the same.

30 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

It's also on a spectrum based on lighting conditions, so it's hard to test the mincase/maxcase.

Oh yeah? That makes sense. I feel though there should be a description of it somewhere and the buff indicator could show the lighting variation. Also shouldn't Simulacrum be 100% of the buff spectrum or close to that since it's so bright and lit everywhere?

Edited by 7vWIuV

27 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

The damage is added to modified base damage, a la Pressure Point/Serration/Hornet Strike/etc.

It's also on a spectrum based on lighting conditions, so it's hard to test the mincase/maxcase.

Would be nice if they made it at least just swap between th twos tats based on darkness/light rather than degree of darkness/light.

3 hours ago, 7vWIuV said:

Well this sucks, because the description on the ability is exactly the same as the one from Chroma's Vex Armor and Rhino's Roar. I don't mind having different calculations for different abilities but that should be explicit. If it says 500% "DAMAGE INCREASE", like it does, then it should add 500% to the damage you're doing. I also don't like this because I feel Mirage's buff should do at least more damage than Rhino's and it's LESS! Isn't she a DPS focused frame?

Btw, I know it's 6x, I said 5 times more just to be consistent with the way the game describes it (or doesn't). 6x and 5x more 1 means the same.

Vex armor actually works the same way, increasing base damage.

Its multiplicative like Rhino's buff and its working as intended.  However its description doesn't tell anyone how it works so there are a bunch of hidden mechanics you won't know about unless you look at wiki or test it extensively.

Eclipse scales off of lighting level, the displayed number in the UI/Ability Screen is what it is if you are hypothetically standing on the surface of the Sun.  A bright room like the Simulacrum only gets you about 1/3 of the maximum buff.  PoE at peak brightness which gives the highest buff in my testing is still only about 3/4 of the maximum buff value, I did a test measuring my damage every 5 minutes at a displayed Eclipse buff of 746% and I got everything from 26% to 584% damage buff peaking at ~45 minutes before nightfall.

The damage reduction Eclipse buff works the same way but also has an additional lighting based mechanic where its further capped by how 'dark' the darkness she is standing in is.  So if the game considers a shaded area a '5% damage reduction' zone you won't be able to get more than 5% damage reduction even with 400%+ power strength.

I think the game should display the gained bonus then instead of the maximum possible, because in practice we almost never get the maximum. I wonder if DE don't do this because this calculation is not properly executed according to the displayed light. Sometimes when I change the spot I'm in it switches from damage buff to reduction with no significant light changes. I'm a graphic designer and I know there's hundreds of ways to represent light on a 3D rendering. Maybe not all light sources are accounted on damage calculation. It's really hard to tell with a static value display.

I'm glad to know though at least it's working and I do get some buff, even though it's inconsistent and hard to figure unless on an open terrain like the plains.

Edited by 7vWIuV