The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anybody else feeling like Limbo's 3rd is a filler?

Tellakey

1 hour ago, cghawk said:

I mean if the only reason people like hih 3rd ability is because it grants a damage boost through augment then clearly his 3rd ability is bad, sounds like the augment may was well be the ability itself

Well, pulling stuff into the rift this way is kinda helpful and less work than having to spam your 1 a ton. Allows me to focus on doing damage more.

Rift Surge doesn't feel like an ability he needs to have in his kit. It's just a complicated AoE banish, basicly, something that Cataclysm (and Banish to a mild degree) already fulfills. Improve Banish to some degree and Rift Surge could indeed be replaced with an ability that is more... interesting. Something, anything, that has actual "oomph" in it.

Like:

Rift Stream - Onehanded cast, requires a target. Debuff the main target, potentially linking it with up to X nearby enemies, staggering them all. All affected enemies suffer X% more damage from all sources, and any damage and status-effects they suffer is shared among all of them (this damage/status share works crossrift!). Recasting this ability unlinks them all and knocks them down (but then allows you to recast it on a new target(s)).

Generally aids with groupkilling, but also allows him to kill crossrift (by linking a target in the Rift with nearby enemies who are NOT in the Rift, and then attack the enemy in the Rift, as one example). Probably my fav suggestion of the bunch, as it is a simple, while still allowing for interesting shenanigans and support.

Rift Call - Places an energyversion of Limbo's hat in front of Limbo for X seconds. This hat will slowly drag in all nearby enemies towards it (soft CC, it will only move them, not incapacitate them), and it will move the enemy in towards the hat, even through Stasis. If the enemy gets so close that it touches the hat, the enemy will be pushed back a great distance (even if Stasis is active) along with being knocked down and suffering heavy physical damage. This enemy can now no longer be affected by this hat's drag-in effect (unless the ability is recast that is). Can be recast to unsummon the hat prematurely (no direct benefit)

Gives Limbo some complementary CC to the Stasis+Cataclysm combo, but also gives some potential benefit outside of the Rift.

Rift Card - Throws a projectile (could look like a playing card made of energy) in the aimed direction, which travels through enemies but stops when it touches something solidin the environment. Once it's placed, the projectile can remain there for a long time. Each enemy who Limbo kills (be it in the Rift or not) fuels the card with more power (based on the killed enemies' health). When the card expires, or is detonated via recasting, it explodes in a big radius, dealing damage based on its stored power to all nearby enemies (both in and out of the Rift).

Allows Limbo to hurt across the Rift with a lot of power, but requires some build up.
Rift Card and Rift Call's mechanics can probably even be combined in some form, I guess? *shrugs*

Rift Surge - Summons 2/3/4/5 small Rift projectiles orbitting Limbo. Each projectile will reduce damage taken by 70% from an enemy attack, both for the triggering attack and for 1 additional second more (during which he cannot lose another projectile). For each projectile remaining on Limbo, all his damage done is increased by 10% (additive stacking). Can recast to launch the projectiles onto nearby enemies, to make them more susceptible to any damage.

A defensive + amping ability (which could even use Rift Surge 1.0's graphics!), allowing Limbo to actually do stuff outside of the Rift too, without dieing near instantly (making him more useful for stuff like bossfights and such).

Rift Serpent - Summons a Rift Serpent, which viciously attacks enemies who are in the Rift. Its damage increases for each enemy slain within the Rift. Follows close to Limbo if no enemies are to be found in the Rift.

Just some random damage-addition *shrugs*

^ So yeah, just completely random ideas with not much thought behind them. I'd just really like Rift Surge to be a more interesting ability, is all 🙂

Edited by Azamagon

im gonna put this out there,  rift surge is amazingly funny on so many levels.  ive had moments where i had cast it while i had a ton of enemies having just entered my 4.  then while i was on my way to extraction, i would see more enemies that were never at my 4's location just frozen in time.  like rift surge's range is huge for some reason

11 hours ago, (XB1)Neon Lights9212 said:

im gonna put this out there,  rift surge is amazingly funny on so many levels.  ive had moments where i had cast it while i had a ton of enemies having just entered my 4.  then while i was on my way to extraction, i would see more enemies that were never at my 4's location just frozen in time.  like rift surge's range is huge for some reason

I think many more will realize how useful it is given duration will be nerfed...it greatly extends duration indirectly.