Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About "ultimate Weapons"?

Nockturnal

Yes this sounds like a MMO idea and im slightly riding off that idea. To have weapons made only throught painstaking steps of boss slaying, item gathering, and smelting to forge the BAMF of all BAMF weapons with their own unique look and power. You know something to do for those people who clock in over 500+  hours in good ol Warframe. Weather you make the process tedious or just plain evil, by the time you get that weapon everyone who looks at you you knows... "Whao, that guy sold his soul for that." Just a modest suggestion.

And then what happens a year from now when half the game will have them and all the new players have to go through a 500+ hour of pre-planned grind to join their friends on whatever difficulty there is that can challenge such a BAMF weapon?

I actually had a dream the other night that kinda ties in to this.

I dreamed that they put out this sickeningly amazing bow. The arrow pierced through infinite people, dealing huge amounts of damage, like one shotting lvl 50 ancients while Unranked. But the catch was that you had to craft it using 5 prime weapons, and the crafting took 600 hours, only counting In Game time. Stupid? Yes....but it was just a dream, so whatever.

This would be fine for craftable skins, nothing that adds any sort of stat change, and not a process anywhere near as ridiculous as GW2 legendary weapons. There is just no need for that...anywhere. I would like greater customization and a bit of recognition for all the time I've put into my grind, though I suppose having pages and pages of weapons and all but 2 frames is worth it, but no one really sees that.  

Moreso than weapons skins, I would rather see badges, scarves, or other frame cosmetics that distinguish certain feats or lengths of time. 

Jesus how bad was Guild Wars 2's weapon grind? Oh and forgot to mention the Smeltign wont take 500 hours (Jesus christ what is this a troll thread) I mentioned the 500 hours becasue some have spent an ungodly amount of time in Warframe and might want a side thing to do while they destroy oceans of Corpus and ect. Get creative Could be 3 phases to get the weapon itself.

Jesus how bad was Guild Wars 2's weapon grind? Oh and forgot to mention the Smeltign wont take 500 hours (Jesus christ what is this a troll thread) I mentioned the 500 hours becasue some have spent an ungodly amount of time in Warframe and might want a side thing to do while they destroy oceans of Corpus and ect. Get creative Could be 3 phases to get the weapon itself.

Let's just give them more grind then, there wasn't enough of that already.

I want something to use my already kickass weapon on.

You don't find grinding for the Lanka, Acrid, Ogris bad enough ? :S

Not to mention Prime gear if the RNG Loki absolutely hates you and gives you multiple of EVERYTHING, except the parts you need for completion. Not for 1 item, but 3 of 4 of em !! >.>

Edited by fatpig84

EverQuest Shadow Knight epic weapon 1.0. 1.5 and 2.0 were enough camping for me, thank you very much...

So no. Not really required. There is *nothing* that could not be taken down with the current arsenal, some of which can even make taking down the target a walk in the park. More variety to the weapons, maybe even customisable attachments on the other hand... I can't see why not.