The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra is bad design.

swodaem

You have one point I somewhat agree with, which is on his abilities.

I'd have liked to see unique twists on Slash Dash and Javelin as well as a different stance for Exalted Umbra Blade. If we nudge them loud and long enough we might be able to do something about it.

The rest of your argument can be boiled down to you being upset that he is better than Excal Prime. This has been hashed out endlessly in the multitude of threads that have preceded yours so I'm not sticking my finger in that tart again.

Good day.

2 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

You have one point I somewhat agree with, which is on his abilities.

I'd have liked to see unique twists on Slash Dash and Javelin as well as a different stance for Exalted Umbra Blade. If we nudge them loud and long enough we might be able to do something about it.

The rest of your argument can be boiled down to you being upset that he is better than Excal Prime. This has been hashed out endlessly in the multitude of threads that have preceded yours so I'm not sticking my finger in that tart again.

Good day.

I would enjoy it personally if Excalibur Umbra were more differentiated from the Prime and normal Excalibur, but I think that since for most of the playerbase Excalibur Prime basically doesn't exist having him mostly just be a global upgrade is fair. If we can only have a unique twist on the frame or an objectively better version, the latter might be better. At the very least, it's harder to go wrong that way.

I, like many others, were hoping that Umbra was going to be more of a side grade than an upgrade.  While his mods are defensive, you can still change them out how you want.  I just don't want to replace my Primes for something simply better, I've worked really hard for, and on them.  But that is just my humble opinion.

10 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

I would enjoy it personally if Excalibur Umbra were more differentiated from the Prime and normal Excalibur, but I think that since for most of the playerbase Excalibur Prime basically doesn't exist having him mostly just be a global upgrade is fair. If we can only have a unique twist on the frame or an objectively better version, the latter might be better. At the very least, it's harder to go wrong that way.

By unique twist I mean something like tweaks to powers. Radial Howl is good, because it suits the theme, has diff animations and effects and still remain close enough to radial blind.

A few different combos for EB would have been great.

Some diff animations and anti-sentient stuff on slash dash would have been nice too.  

I am glad someone realises it.

Umbra is opening up a new line of reskin of a reskin to basically x3 the income for basically almost the same level of work.

You buy a new frame.

Then, its prime access comes out and its prime is better by just a stat or two. You buy it too.

Then, its umbra access comes out and its umbra is basically same stats as the prime with just some visual changes to an ability but it has sentient defense and it can put mods that give it almost double HP, double Armor and double Power Strength of the prime. You buy it too.

What work did DE do?

For Prime, they did a reskin job and tweak the stats and give it the same code for passive as every other Prime and put some polarities.

For Umbra, they take the Prime, they do a reskin for the frame and 1 ability, remove the code for Prime passive (assuming they don't forget again the next time they wanna be lazy), put in the code for Umbra passive which is basically building on existing specter A.I. and put some Umbra polarities.

Voila! 3 times the income for almost the same work and people are supportive of it.

6 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

By unique twist I mean something like tweaks to powers. Radial Howl is good, because it suits the theme, has diff animations and effects and still remain close enough to radial blind.

A few different combos for EB would have been great.

Some diff animations and anti-sentient stuff on slash dash would have been nice too.  

I wouldn't mind tweaks that were mostly visual, and some more anti-Sentient stuff is fine by me. I just think he should still function similarly to Excalibur, more so than other Umbras to their respective original frames.

6 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Another angry Founder salty about his exclusive Warframe being outplayed by a Warframe that no one is forcing him to use.

Next.

Well put.  And oh boy if DE buffed xcal prime with way higher stats than umbra to appease the founders they would be in here rubbing it in everyones face saying well we are founders its only fair blah blah blah just deal with it peasants.