Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Astilla projectile bug

KunoUshinawa

So I didn't see any info in recent updates about the Astilla, and I don't remember anything being changed on it during the big primaries passover so I'm assuming this is a bug.

When it first dropped the Astilla fired a slug that on impact or after a certain distance would "explode" dealing damage in a small area. Today I jumped onto my equinox build, which uses the Astilla, and found it not dealing damage a lot of the time... I checked in the simulacrum and found that the projectiles now travel for an "infinite" distance without ever exploding and if they hit a non-enemy surface they also don't explode.

2 hours ago, Uzkost said:

without ever exploding and if they hit a non-enemy surface they also don't explode

Just checking, are you using Punch Through?

3 hours ago, Uzkost said:

When it first dropped the Astilla fired a slug that [...] after a certain distance would "explode"

Huh, I've never heard of / noticed that, are you sure you're not thinking of e.g. Staticor there?

3 hours ago, Uzkost said:

I'll check mine out when I can, but someone else will probably get to it before me.

7 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

uh, I've never heard of / noticed that, are you sure you're not thinking of e.g. Staticor there?

It releases a blast on impact (not based on distance) with a certain radius from the impact point. I think it is close to 180 degrees, if memory serves.

Side note, it still triggers with punch through, but there should be no "infinite" to it.

41 minutes ago, NIkuno said:

It releases a blast on impact

Of course, but did it ever have a limited travel distance, which when reached made its projectiles explode in mid-air?

I haven't used it Astilla on the Plains but in bigger, open tiles, I never noticed anything like that.

4 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Of course, but did it ever have a limited travel distance, which when reached made its projectiles explode in mid-air?

Nope. Only the newer Corinth and the weapons that have a manual detonation function will do that, to my knowledge.

15 hours ago, Uzkost said:

Finally had some time to check it out and I could not recreate the issue. Or rather, it worked as intended for me. I'll continue to play with it and see if that changes.

If I may inquire: what mods are you using? Perhaps there is a weird interaction somewhere that was not present with what I was using.

Other than that, I would suggest creating a support ticket if the issue persists.