Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Assault On Tenno

Forevener

Mmmmmmmmmm, tenno!

Lore:

We all know that Grineer and Corpus like our warframes very much, and they putting much effort to obtain as much of our technology as possible.

Game:

Nothing special happens when enemies have detected us. It's just only a slight increase of their numbers (and reactions, of course).

Solution:

1. Vessel-wide Tenno alert will cause 70% of vessel's forces to assault intruder(s), simultaneously (to increase their chances). Others should guard/barricade rooms to prevent nasty surprises from Tenno.

2. Elimination of most of vessel's crew will alert Grineer/Corpus authorities, and they will send better reinforcements (with larger level). Reinforcements will arrive in 5 minutes or so.

3. Elimination of reinforcements will lead to more reinforcements with higher and higher level, until successful elimination of Tenno.

Conclusion:

MORE ENEMIES ALL THE TIME

Notes.

Map's level will define the starting level of guards. Reinforcement level will be also based on this - R1 will be at level 4 for level 1 mission, R1 for level 16 mission will be at level 20.

Results.

1. It makes stealth viable

2. It fits into lore

3. It allows players to get more difficulty when they want

4. It makes more drama

5. It makes Tenno to flee sometimes (a very rare occasion at the moment)

6. It's fun.

Please provide some feedback.

Edited by Forevener

That would need some level of strategy from the tenno team.....i LOVE it!

It would change a lot the gameplay, but i'm really really tired of gun-blazing through levels feeling no adrenaline rush knowing i can take them all down myself.

This should be some hardcore mode.

You can choose: Normal, Hardcore, Nightmare.

Edited by Symbiont71

Sounds like every mission will be turned into a defense mission :I

That's almost right. And almost no extra coding required!

Difference is:

1. You still need to complete objective(s) despite all the enemies (sometimes it's just better to ignore them)

2. There are major gaps between reinforcements

3. Waves are much greater

About different difficulty level - I agree, but this mode should be 'normal', and the old one - 'relaxed'.

Edited by Forevener

About different difficulty level - I agree, but this mode should be 'normal', and the old one - 'relaxed'.

This is just semantyc, so it's of no importance, but thinking in the new players that could join the game Normal should stay as it is (almost noone selects "easy" when starting a new game, just go for Normal style).

1. You still need to complete objective(s) despite all the enemies (sometimes it's just better to ignore them)

Yeah, but what about Extermination missions? They would be rendered pointless with extra waves of enemies, but with difficulty, I guess the number of enemies would simply increase/decrease depending on what level of challenge you've chosen. Besides, I don't think it's possible to completely kill every single enemy in any other gametype because I'm pretty sure extra foes spawn in already, and fighting ever increasing waves of enemies just sounds tedious.

Yeah, but what about Extermination missions? They would be rendered pointless with extra waves of enemies, but with difficulty, I guess the number of enemies would simply increase/decrease depending on what level of challenge you've chosen. Besides, I don't think it's possible to completely kill every single enemy in any other gametype because I'm pretty sure extra foes spawn in already, and fighting ever increasing waves of enemies just sounds tedious.

1. Extermination mission are still in place - you should eliminate vessel's crew BEFORE reinforcements arrive. Let's say it's a distant vessel, and reinforcements' ETA is about 20 minutes. If you fail to eliminate everybody before timer expires, you will have to deal with some extra enemies.

2. It's not possible to kill everybody in non-extermination missions. But that enemies pose no threat to player. They can be dangerous only if you decide to jump into middle of the room full of goons with guns.

3. Sounds tedious? Oh. It's actually more interesting because you need to use some tactics to succeed. And you don't have to kill them all.

Just imagine that - you will need to actually communicate with your team, asking them to provide cover to you when you trying to complete objective. You will seek safest places to fight off, you will be trying to evacuate as fast as possible.

Trying to evacuate as fast as possible when there's a swarm of formidable enemies coming your way, that's the tedious part. Think about it: You're running as quickly as you can to extraction, when suddenly, an enemy such as the scorpion, heavy-gunners, or any enemy capable of melee knocks you down. As you get up, there's a whole fricking swarm of pesky enemies trying to bathe in your blood. Not fun at all. I say this because I like my run-and-gun play style, and this is most likely what's going to happen to me if waves of reinforcements are actually implemented into Warframe. 

i see your point.

There WILL be overpowered people running around, but if one seeks difficulty, one goes to high-level missions.

If one seeks difficulty, one goes to another games.

Well, in all honesty, the idea doesn't do much other than increasing the amount of enemies from alarms. In hardly any mission you will stay long enough to get "reinforcements", it hardly encourages stealthy gameplay since no one would really care.... instead of wiping out crowds of 10s and 20, you'll just wipe more enemies.... and what it does is encourage full rushing even more.

About lore, well... this has nothing to do with lore.... it doesn't even make much sense..... in planet tiles? Maybe.... in ships, waves of reinforcements each 5 minutes... doesn't sound realistic but that could be overlooked.

I don't see any fun in this.... what i see is.... on one side, a more overwhelming environment for the new players (enhanced by the upped levels of enemies in planets)... and on the other side, just more cannon fodder to rack up more kills for the geared players (and might i add as a bonus,it will be more xmas party for all AoE wipers).

Trying to evacuate as fast as possible when there's a swarm of formidable enemies coming your way, that's the tedious part. Think about it: You're running as quickly as you can to extraction, when suddenly, an enemy such as the scorpion, heavy-gunners, or any enemy capable of melee knocks you down. As you get up, there's a whole fricking swarm of pesky enemies trying to bathe in your blood. Not fun at all. I say this because I like my run-and-gun play style, and this is most likely what's going to happen to me if waves of reinforcements are actually implemented into Warframe. 

You can always snipe dangerous enemies. Or carefully avoid them. And numbers of such enemies could be reduced.

If one seeks difficulty, one goes to another games.

Well, in all honesty, the idea doesn't do much other than increasing the amount of enemies from alarms. In hardly any mission you will stay long enough to get "reinforcements", it hardly encourages stealthy gameplay since no one would really care.... instead of wiping out crowds of 10s and 20, you'll just wipe more enemies.... and what it does is encourage full rushing even more.

About lore, well... this has nothing to do with lore.... it doesn't even make much sense..... in planet tiles? Maybe.... in ships, waves of reinforcements each 5 minutes... doesn't sound realistic but that could be overlooked.

I don't see any fun in this.... what i see is.... on one side, a more overwhelming environment for the new players (enhanced by the upped levels of enemies in planets)... and on the other side, just more cannon fodder to rack up more kills for the geared players (and might i add as a bonus,it will be more xmas party for all AoE wipers).

We're in 'Improving Warframe' section now. So we can help developers to make Warframe more satisfying for players who seek challenge.

1. Level of enemies keep growing with every reinforcement, so they are going to wipe you.

2. Rushing actually fits Warframe concept. It can be mindless, it can be careful. Mindless rushing will lead you to death fast. (another problem solved)

3. On planets - reinforcements are coming from nearest bases, on vessels they are being dispatched from planet/nearest vessel.

4. Are you completing missions in less than 5 minutes? OK, no reinforcements for you. Enjoy more coordinated attacks from vessel's crew.

5. Reinforcements are scaled with mission level. Low-level mission = weak reinforcement, high-level mission = strong reinforcement. And they will only get stronger and stronger. So eventually you will turn to cannon fodder.

All you're going to do is encourage rushing even further, secondly where the hell are all these endless enemies coming from, exactly?

1. Only careful rushing. Mindless rushing will kill you.

2. They coming from nearest bases/vessels.

You can always snipe dangerous enemies. Or carefully avoid them. And numbers of such enemies could be reduced.

We're in 'Improving Warframe' section now. So we can help developers to make Warframe more satisfying for players who seek challenge.

1. Level of enemies keep growing with every reinforcement, so they are going to wipe you.

2. Rushing actually fits Warframe concept. It can be mindless, it can be careful. Mindless rushing will lead you to death fast. (another problem solved)

3. On planets - reinforcements are coming from nearest bases, on vessels they are being dispatched from planet/nearest vessel.

4. Are you completing missions in less than 5 minutes? OK, no reinforcements for you. Enjoy more coordinated attacks from vessel's crew.

5. Reinforcements are scaled with mission level. Low-level mission = weak reinforcement, high-level mission = strong reinforcement. And they will only get stronger and stronger. So eventually you will turn to cannon fodder.

1. Only careful rushing. Mindless rushing will kill you.

2. They coming from nearest bases/vessels.

Gonna have to agree with Kittens and eis.

It's just going to increase rushing.  as it stands even if i get tons of enemies in front of me, just spam a few abilities( rhino stomp, M-prime, Miasma) and just run past them. that will still happen.  Priority will just be stop the guy from getting to the control console, but that's generally something you do already.  I guess if you really want difficulty, go solo xini  with a skana.  (just saying)

Adding more enemies doesn't really do much.  Diversity of enemies however and associated scaling ai, is a different story all together.  Hellions were a move in the right direction. 

To be honest as well when you are on sensors they do continually come at you. 

in order to make this idea work, since there are a number of ways to screw up stealth play( stealth melee comes to mind especially) they need to introduce a duct system into the ships so that you can bypass enemies.  Obviously this wouldn't be go straight through the duct and you're good to go, you have to drop out every once in a while because you can no longer progress.

And as my final point, I do not want every mission to become defense.  Defense is just good for farming and testing your skill level( entirely stupid at the moment) and I would much rather prefer more well thought out enemies/level designs/bosses, over doing what they are currently doing, which is lobbing gobs and gobs of mobs at you, and in this instance in an increased rate.

The first thing I can think of that's really a problem is that the enemies really should have a locked level on them so that you can't end up fighting level 30 enemies on Terminus as an example. If they only scaled up a to the level that alert enemies on that node would be and capped there I can see it being fair.

Ok, maybe I also see this as encouraging rushing. Don't give me the "careless rushing will kill you" line. No, it won't. Rushing is what you do if you can't fight the enemies and it pretty much negates the threat of any enemies there. If it makes the game too difficult, and try to remember the game is actually difficult for some people, it's going to turn every mission into either a tedious slog or a rushfest and make solo play a complete nightmare to boot.

I like the idea, but I play Warframe to play Warframe, not Payday 2.

I love the idea of enemies setting up defensive positions rather than just constantly rushing us.  It would actually feel more like we are fighting competent enemies.  As of right now it is pretty much just zerg zerg zerg, not matter the faction we are fighting. 

I started a discussion a couple weeks ago similar to this but it died off https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/89719-fewer-but-more-difficult-enemies/.  In that thread some one made a interesting comparison that the game is starting to feel like a dynasty warriors game. 

The only thing I find a bit questionable about the OPs idea is the constant flow of enemies and making them higher level each time.  That is pretty much just making every mission like the endless defense missions. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

I'll agree to adding more troops to alerts provided:

1)  They don't spawn behind you in an area you've already cleared, so you can put your back to a wall & not worry about a heavy boss materializing directly behind you in silence.

2)  They fix weapon ballistics such that every enemy is not an Olympic-Class sharpshooter, thanks to hitscan.  What's the point of jumping & flipping around if you can't dodge bullets?

3)  They fix the stealth aspect of game, such that it's possible to avoid alarms, and there is a tangible reward for NOT setting off alarms.  After all...what's the point of being ninjas if being sneaky doesn't yield some type of reward?

4)  They leave the first few planet systems alone & ramp up to that, so that players have time to learn before they get blitzed.