Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 3.0: Completely REVAMP Fist Weapons!

(PSN)LoisGordils

Hi, guys! :]

So, with melee 3.0 around the corner, I thought I'd touch upon a class of weapons that:

a. Is forgoten

b. Lackluster

c. Redundant

Th fist weapons, a class of melee weapons completely overshadowed by the sparring weapon class. Not only are sparring weapons much stronger, their quick melee attacks are basically the same. There really isn't a single thing that makes these types of weapons stand out or unique. 

As such, my proposal is that, with melee 3.0, fist weapons get turned into heavy weapons. 

No, I do NOT MEAN heavy blades.

Simple, we have swords and we have heavy swords. So, using the same principle, we could have sparring weapons (basic punching with some kicking) and we can have heavy fist weapons; large, powerful gauntlets that are slow, hit hard, have a larger range and a large AoE slam radius. Obviously the stances will need to be revised in order to fit the whole aesthetic, but... I feel this would be a pretty neat addition. Imagine charging as a Rhino with a pair of giant power gauntlets to smash the battlefield... AWESOMENESS

Cool Power Gauntlet Warframe Concept I Found

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

Rocket-powered gauntlets I think could be a great addition to the sparring weapon roster. The issue I've had with sparring weapons thus far is that they've often felt too light and floaty, so even though I was landing punches, it didn't feel like they had any particular impact. On top of that, sparring weapons tend to have really high attack speed, which makes playing them feel more like Fist of the North Star than a meaty fistfight. Having a power gauntlet with really low attack speed, but extreme momentum on every punch, could solve this issue, and add diversity to what remains a tiny subset of weapons.

5 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

Rocket-powered gauntlets I think could be a great addition to the sparring weapon roster. The issue I've had with sparring weapons thus far is that they've often felt too light and floaty, so even though I was landing punches, it didn't feel like they had any particular impact. On top of that, sparring weapons tend to have really high attack speed, which makes playing them feel more like Fist of the North Star than a meaty fistfight. Having a power gauntlet with really low attack speed, but extreme momentum on every punch, could solve this issue, and add diversity to what remains a tiny subset of weapons.

Remember, friend: sparring weapons =\= fist weapons

They are both different classes. Kinda like polearms and staves

22 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Hi, guys! :]

So, with melee 3.0 around the corner, I thought I'd touch upon a class of weapons that:

a. Is forgoten

b. Lackluster

c. Redundant

Th fist weapons, a class of melee weapons completely overshadowed by the sparring weapon class. Not only are sparring weapons much stronger, their quick melee attacks are basically the same. There really isn't a single thing that makes these types of weapons stand out or unique. 

As such, my proposal is that, with melee 3.0, fist weapons get turned into heavy weapons. 

No, I do NOT MEAN heavy blades.

Simple, we have swords and we have heavy swords. So, using the same principle, we could have sparring weapons (basic punching with some kicking) and we can have heavy fist weapons; large, powerful gauntlets that are slow, hit hard, have a larger range and a large AoE slam radius. Obviously the stances will need to be revised in order to fit the whole aesthetic, but... I feel this would be a pretty neat addition. Imagine charging as a Rhino with a pair of giant power gauntlets to smash the battlefield... AWESOMENESS

Cool Power Gauntlet Warframe Concept I Found

Ok, this sounds very interesting.

Maybe not make them SUPERslow, but at least slower than now, but also WAY stronger. And with more shockwaves and zaps in their punches (so they get some AoE attacks). I like it!

Something I'd like to mention: What REALLY bothers me about Fists (and Sparring too) right now is that they barely have any horizontal attacks or AoE. It's almost only uses attacks that go right in front of you. No hookpunches, no sideway hammerhands, no "lariats" or clotheslining attacks, as well as very few "blasts/AoE" in their attacks (and those that are there are almost purely for CC). Even Claws, Daggers and Dual Daggers (the other shortranged melee) utilize a whole bunch of sweeping attacks. This lack of horizontal attacking REALLY doesn't help the Fists' (nor Sparring's) usefulness when they also have poor range and low damage.

If not adding more horizontal attacks, something that they (and Sparring) could get as compensation, would be some innate "archwing targetting", i.e. you dash up to nearby enemies on every attack. So what they lack in horizontality, they could make up for it in sheer target acquisition. Claws+Daggers+Dual Daggers could potentially also all get this trait, but less so than Fists+Sparring.

Edited by Azamagon