Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About That Xp Radius

Llyssa

I kind of loath to mention it because I'm going to get a lot of really stupid replies to this, but:

It was said that the xp radius is 50 meters.

My question is: 50 meters from where? The kill, the killer, the victim, or some mid-point between them?

With melee weapons, this means nothing.

When you're sniping people with a paris over 100 meters away, it suddenly matters.

You know, guys, I'm juust saying, that maybe we should have another method of splitting the exp?

All exp should count into four pools and should be splitted at the end of the mission.

Let's say, you dealt 30% of all damage dealt with secondary, so you'll get 30% of the whole secondary exp gethered during the mission.

This way we'll have less leechers (it won't be effective way to exp), less complains about how Nova stole someones kill with her ulti, or whining about "Get to the cryopod you n00b" on chat.

This way we'll have less leechers (it won't be effective way to exp), less complains about how Nova stole someones kill with her ulti, or whining about "Get to the cryopod you n00b" on chat.

How would this fix Nova complaints? They would only make them worse, because suddenly I would get almost zero xp for the entire mission just because there is a Nova. No, this idea is not good, the xp share is fine, the radius should just be increased to fully include defense maps.

Hmm. it is fine as it is. Let say i run Cyath very often lately. My Ember outkills any frame this game have on this map and only another Ember can do more kills than me. Your lame novas with their dependency on LOS just can't kill fast enough. However i always move near my teammates even if i can move away and kill entire map all by myself.

It is not flaw of affinity system or affinity range. It is all about players and how they act.

Hmm. it is fine as it is. Let say i run Cyath very often lately. My Ember outkills any frame this game have on this map and only another Ember can do more kills than me. Your lame novas with their dependency on LOS just can't kill fast enough. However i always move near my teammates even if i can move away and kill entire map all by myself.

It is not flaw of affinity system or affinity range. It is all about players and how they act.

I agree, when you have players hogging spawn points on defence maps purely to hog xp (they actually said this too), just abort the mission and let them get on with it.

killer.

p.s.

you can test it on kappa md.

Okay. Thanks.

You know, guys, I'm juust saying, that maybe we should have another method of splitting the exp?

All exp should count into four pools and should be splitted at the end of the mission.

Let's say, you dealt 30% of all damage dealt with secondary, so you'll get 30% of the whole secondary exp gethered during the mission.

Congrats on being the first person to go off topic with some irrelevant rant! I'm sure many others will follow in your footsteps. =(

Wait... what if they have reeeally weak weapons? What does that mean for their exp?

i may be wrong, i thought it was the kill itself, since every time i see an enemy die, it's exp / affinity numbers pop up at it's location of death.

i use my nova a lot for def / mob def and sure, all my kills are clearly within range of me, they'd have to be, but their exp / affin numbers always pop up on screen at the (now) dead mob's location.

so my natural assumption was at the kill location. sorry if i'm wrong about this.

Wait... what if they have reeeally weak weapons? What does that mean for their exp?

it's a poorly thought out idea that you shouldn't want. It would make nobody but the ult spamming frames get any warframe experience, meaning your frame would hardly ever level if you didn't solo.

It also means that you have much more incentive to steal kills with said ults, so we would see an increase in defense hero behavior. It makes our problems worse, not better.

I wouldn't mind about xp range if other missions such as spy, capture and raid actually gave some decent xp for completion. Right now they give almost next to nothing and playing solo makes it even worse.

So Loki is now supposed to compare? What about trinity?

The idea is bad, and you need to rethink it if spamming 4 is all that's going to get you exp.