Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How good is a Helminth Charger?

tinyranitar

Question

I mean sure, the novelty of having an Infested pet is really cool, and I am planning on making one either way, but how are they on the field?

Personally I am impartial to my Sentinel because they can pick up my things from faraway, but if Helminth proved to be a strong companion then I can reconsider it. (Tried other Kubrow, they're better for petting instead of fighting).

Anyone who is adept in using them can give me some pointers? Kinda not want to spend catalyst and forma only to Stasis the charger later.

9 answers to this question

imageproxy.php?img=&key=32844a51822c982asOqBIUv.jpg[/img]

6 forma on mine, although it may add two more forma to remove Proboscis into somthing else 

replace link shields with link armor when using an armor heavy warframe

while using an armor heavy warframe, it actually Survives really well when doing Sorties mission 3, and its Trample attack more offten then not, one hit kill Grineer at around level 90ish (this is from what i've observed)

honestly, it's a large investment for a pet that while dose alot of damage, offers nothing else (no crit bonus like the kavats)

Edited by trieuazn0
Grammar

5 minutes ago, trieuazn0 said:

honestly, its a large investment for a pet that while dose alot of damage, offers nothing else (no crit bonus like the kavats)

2 minutes ago, Is_this_csgo said:

since it cannot have vacuum.

Guess I'll just get one for collection purpose and motivation for logging in 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Is_this_csgo:

A good tanky pet that can deal some good dmg, but sadly useless in most cases since it cannot have vacuum.

Vacuum isn't necessary once you're past the endless farming. It's cool for energy orbs but also unnecessary when you're managing your energy via Rage or even better Hunter Adrenaline.

Trading something unnecessary for better damage or utility isn't exactly a bad deal.

That beeing said, i personally prefer huras. The invisibility works great for extendet use of spammy abilities (excals slash dash for combo or ash's shuriken for example). Kavats are also rather usefull but when it comes to pure damage, the charger is unrivaled.

You want to stay away from from Hunter Command but the set on him is awesome otherwise.

vor 21 Minuten schrieb tinyranitar:

That means never then lol

You reach a point where random mats simply become irrelevant, that's all i'm saying lmao.

When hema got released i pretty much finished the research for my clan myself and i still had more then i'd ever need. That's how bad it gets.

Yeah I care more about focus and double the super rare drops I find with Smeeta/Charm than I do about hoovering up stuff nowadays.   

Pack Leader + Hunter Recover = you infinite health/ your pet infinite health.   

I have skinny Helminth and it is sooooo cool.  Massive attack power.  I just prefer to have more utility.  

I really need to figure out how to get Medi-Ray for sentinels.   I dont know how strong that healing is but you still have no way of you healing your pet like with Pack Leader and animals.   

5 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

I really need to figure out how to get Medi-Ray for sentinels.   I dont know how strong that healing is but you still have no way of you healing your pet like with Pack Leader and animals. 

Kela De Thaym drops medi-ray.  The power level of that mod is pretty game changing IMO, but it is just a heal over time so if you take significant amounts of damage you still want a way to get big chunks of health back quickly.  I prefer magus elevate these days for that side but good old health restores work fine too.  And those heal your sentinel as a bonus.