Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Problem With Nova

-Judgement

Ok so Nova in my opinion was a great success in the future of warframe.

Sure she was a shaky step but none the less a step.

Her play style was not really my cup of tea but she was awesome.

However what I hate about her are the constant Topics and posts spawned by her MOLECULER PRIME and SHEER OP.

The haters of nova just cant seem to get that this was the design councils first ever warframe they built.

I made this topic so we can discuss this issue in a peaceful manner. 

Any trolling flaming or flamewars or just sheer rudeness will be met with a report if necessary.

Nova was designed to be glass cannon.

People complain about glass cannons in every game.

By nao I just ignore them.

Glad you can. I wish i could. They just keep using the same stupid phrases, parroting them out like some Sunday school Sermon that you dont understand but like to say, to sound important.

You obviously have much more patience than i do :)

Ok so Nova in my opinion was a great success in the future of warframe.

Sure she was a shaky step but none the less a step.

Her play style was not really my cup of tea but she was awesome.

However what I hate about her are the constant Topics and posts spawned by her MOLECULER PRIME and SHEER OP.

The haters of nova just cant seem to get that this was the design councils first ever warframe they built.

I made this topic so we can discuss this issue in a peaceful manner. 

Any trolling flaming or flamewars or just sheer rudeness will be met with a report if necessary.

its great and all you are taking a stand here but

"Any trolling flaming or flamewars or just sheer rudeness will be met with a report if necessary."

really if this was CBT you would have been meet with polite constructive criticism but now the game is on OBT filled with trolls and flamers...

but nether the less so long as keep the balances i guess il pitch in help with the reports if you like :D

best of luck

----------------------------------------

now onto discussing , its not the fact that she is OP sure MP has a AOE when the enemy is killed the AOE with stretch is big enough a standard mob if killed the AOE can get one in the next room pretty far away nothing wrong with that i mean i only use Nova for cyath or anything that will have alot of enemy's spawning , also she is very beneficial to a team if wanting to do +60 defense because her MP lowers enemy Armor making them a bit easier to kill and set of the chain explosion

Edited by DiBBz

Glad you can. I wish i could. They just keep using the same stupid phrases, parroting them out like some Sunday school Sermon that you dont understand but like to say, to sound important.

You obviously have much more patience than i do :)

Its the internet man its paradise filled with trolls and Flame wars. I handle this by fighting the troll with logic and if that fails I ignore them and do something else.

Quite frankly, I'm not that bothered about someone getting 50x as many kills as me. But when you join a defense and all you do is stand at the pod, stareing into the nothingness, because 1 nova keeps spamming prime, it kills the fun of the game. Sure you could wait 5 hours to reach wave 100, so you may get to use your weapon a bit, but come on.

I enjoy online games, and to play with strangers. It's fun to me. I love team work. But if I don't get to do anything, such as kill the enemies and such, then what's the point?

That's MY problem with her. I understand that in the big picture, she is a fine frame, and the other frames needs to be raised to such standard, but it doesn't change the issue I listed.

Edit: Oh, and everyone compares other frames to her. Some of the ideas I see to change existing abilities, just kills my spirit. Like how people are calling Radial Disarm useless, or wants Blade Storm changed entirely, just because it doesn't annihilate an entire planet.

Edited by Zareek

its great and all you are taking a stand here but

"Any trolling flaming or flamewars or just sheer rudeness will be met with a report if necessary."

really if this was CBT you would have been meet with polite constructive criticism

but nether the less so long as keep the balances i guess il pitch in help with the reports if you lie :D

best of luck

----------------------------------------

now onto discussing , its not the fact that she is OP sure MP has a AOE when the enemy is killed the AOE with stretch is big enough a standard mob if killed the AOE can get one in the next room pretty far away nothing wrong with that i mean i only use Nova for cyath or anything that will have alot of enemy's spawning , also she is very beneficial to a team if wanting to do +60 defense because her MP lowers enemy Armor making them a bit easier to kill and set of the chain explosion

I understand that I may have gone a bit over the edge with that post and I apologize  for that. I was just laying done some guidelines so I don't have to deal with trolls.

Quite frankly, I'm not that bothered about someone getting 50x as many kills as me. But when you join a defense and all you do is stand at the pod, stareing into the nothingness, because 1 nova keeps spamming prime, it kills the fun of the game. Sure you could wait 5 hours to reach wave 100, so you may get to use your weapon a bit, but come on.

I enjoy online games, and to play with strangers. It's fun to me. I love team work. But if I don't get to do anything, such as kill the enemies and such, then what's the point?

That's MY problem with her. I understand that in the big picture, she is a fine frame, and the other frames needs to be raised to such standard, but it doesn't change the issue I listed.

Funny....I always get 3 to 4 times everybody else's kills, as Ember. Yet i never hear anybody complain. But if i do the same as Nova, i get yelled at for it. Honestly i think in most cases its the Bieber syndrome. So many people hated Nova, that she has become the easy target for hate, justified or not.

(Yes i know its not Bieber syndrome...its just he is the most recent celebrity to get stuck in that situation, so i use him for it, because a lot of younger people wont respond to calling it the N*Sync Syndrome)

Funny....I always get 3 to 4 times everybody else's kills, as Ember. Yet i never hear anybody complain. But if i do the same as Nova, i get yelled at for it. Honestly i think in most cases its the Bieber syndrome. So many people hated Nova, that she has become the easy target for hate, justified or not.

(Yes i know its not Bieber syndrome...its just he is the most recent celebrity to get stuck in that situation, so i use him for it, because a lot of younger people wont respond to calling it the N*Sync Syndrome)

Just exaggerating a bit to emphasise my point

Just exaggerating a bit to emphasise my point

You may have been exaggerating....But you didnt realize how perfectly right you were lol

I see that ALL the time. Main reason i stay mostly to my clan, Unless some random Noob needs help, then ill go anywhere.

I'd rather have a Nova any day when I'm farming defense for exp or mods then a Rhino or Frost or any other class, why? Because she makes farming efficient as hell. Unless you're going late waves 25+ Xini Nova makes farming a breeze, as long as you have team mates watching your back she's all good. She's not like Nyx who can solo wave 30+ with ease just by using Chaos and Mind Control. I use Nova for mostly everything ingame currently, I've solo'd every boss with her (Not talking about the damn Antimatter Drop + Prime combo just a legit solo) and clocked more hours on her then I did with Loki.

Soo I'm seriously glad that SOMEONE understands that Nova is a step in the proper direction for Warframe, she's fun and all her skills are actually useful not just 1 or 2. She can be challenging if you play her solo in high level maps because Prime isn't gonna save your &#! all the time. The only reason I even see people thinking Nova is OP is because alot of Frames in Warframe so far are things we never see in other games, honestly tell me another Action game like this that has classes that suspend enemy's in stasis for mass periods of time or have skills that block any sort of projectile. It's just things we're not used too and we have to adjust and learn that just because 1 skill makes things go boom it isn't automatically set to be on the nerf train.

Edited by EinRyu

I'd rather have a Nova any day when I'm farming defense for exp or mods then a Rhino or Frost or any other class, why? Because she makes farming efficient as hell. Unless you're going late waves 25+ Xini Nova makes farming a breeze, as long as you have team mates watching your back she's all good. She's not like Nyx who can solo wave 30+ with ease just by using Chaos and Mind Control. I use Nova for mostly everything ingame currently, I've solo'd every boss with her (Not talking about the damn Antimatter Drop + Prime combo just a legit solo) and clocked more hours on her then I did with Loki.

Soo I'm seriously glad that SOMEONE understands that Nova is a step in the proper direction for Warframe, she's fun and all her skills are actually useful not just 1 or 2. She can be challenging if you play her solo in high level maps because Prime isn't gonna save your &#! all the time. The only reason I even see people thinking Nova is OP is because alot of Frames in Warframe so far are things we never see in other games, honestly tell me another Action game like this that has classes that suspend enemy's in stasis for mass periods of time or have skills that block any sort of projectile. It's just things we're not used too and we have to adjust and learn that just because 1 skill makes things go boom it isn't automatically set to be on the nerf train.

Amen.

I agree 100%. She is amazing for farming. But the ability can become quite annoyin if you want some action yourself. Some Novas doesn't spam it all the time, but some uses it everytime they have enough energy.

Sometimes I love being able to sit back and let someone else do the dirty work, but sometimes I want to feel the game, if you know what I mean? Join the action and cooperate with my team mates. A nonestop spam of prime can totally ruin that fun for me. Defense or in a regular mission.

well yeah I can see that she is amazing for farming and everything else however I can kind of see where zareek is coming from.

If your trying to have some fun by your self it can be a killjoy...but if you want some fun by yourself why not turn on solo mode?

I can get very nearly as many kills as any Nova, playing simple Excalibur. She only seems flashy because she does it all at once, while it takes 2 or 3 seconds for another frame to do it.

True I can see that because I play excal almost everyday.

Edited by DemonNinja-Abraxas

I've taken Nova above wave 80 on three occasions. And in those three games I think I used her other (1,2,3) abilities no more than 5 times constructively.

Her Ulti is still amazing for damage dealing LONG after others like soundquake start to tick away for "stuff all".

In terms of damage output Nova is leaps and bounds ahead of anything else, but that's not what gets me, its that she deals more damage than any other Frame, to MORE enemies than any other frame. 

The only other powers that come close are Rhinos Stomp and Saryn's Miasma. Both are limited by base 100 energy pools, and both have lower range and less overall damage than Mprime.

Personally I like Nova, she is fun to play, and I'd hate to see her get broken, but she needs to be toned down.

I believe that Mprime should have its duration cut down to 10 seconds maximum, (before mods) and reduce its range to 20m, explosion radius should also be reduced. You don't lose any power, but it puts Mprime more back in check with other Ultis.

I've taken Nova above wave 80 on three occasions. And in those three games I think I used her other (1,2,3) abilities no more than 5 times constructively.

Her Ulti is still amazing for damage dealing LONG after others like soundquake start to tick away for "stuff all".

In terms of damage output Nova is leaps and bounds ahead of anything else, but that's not what gets me, its that she deals more damage than any other Frame, to MORE enemies than any other frame. 

The only other powers that come close are Rhinos Stomp and Saryn's Miasma. Both are limited by base 100 energy pools, and both have lower range and less overall damage than Mprime.

Personally I like Nova, she is fun to play, and I'd hate to see her get broken, but she needs to be toned down.

I believe that Mprime should have its duration cut down to 10 seconds maximum, (before mods) and reduce its range to 20m, explosion radius should also be reduced. You don't lose any power, but it puts Mprime more back in check with other Ultis.

Im fine with the duration being cut down, that seems a reasonable fix.

Wold On Fire does INSANE damage when modded right, and its also pretty cheap once you factor in Streamline. And while she won't kill as many people at once, Ember can and does kill just as many people over a short period of time. Short as in, Between 1 Mprime and the Next.

Thats the key to Ults....its all about exactly how you use them....And sad to say, most Novas simply dont use it right. I think you are confusing how good YOU are as nova, with how good MOST people are with Nova. You realize how few people could actually even THINK about taking Nova to wave 80? Not many of us can actually do that. Just because you are badass, doesnt mean everyone else is ;)

Well believe me or not Nova's power level is Going to be the new standard for warframes staring with necro.

So I believe that Necro will be on par with Nova.

I Totally believe you. It surprises me how people still think everything is going to be Nerfed. It was foretold, in the long ago of Livestream 10(or 9?) that Nerfing days are at an End! In the bright Future, Buffs shall abound!

Somehow....i got suddenly dramatic. Must be Hunger....