Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternative History: Suppose Venus Released before Tennocon B

Tellakey

FYI, [DE]'s original intent was to release Venus & The Sacrifice prior to Tennocon 2018. Out of the two, only the latter met expectations, but what if Venus had as well?

What I'm curious about is Tennocon 2018's potential teasers in place of Fortuna. Remember, if Venus was supposed to release prior to Tennocon, it means [DE] had plans for other content exhibitions. I imagine Railjack would remain as is, as well as The New War, but even put together both hardly scratch a twenty-minute mark, let alone an hour, therefore necessitating either different content display, or at least dragging out the existing two.

So what could this original content have been? Tau? Something different?

Edited by Tellakey

11 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

FYI, [DE]'s original intent was to release Venus & The Sacrifice prior to Tennocon 2018. Out of the two, only the latter met expectations, but what if Venus had as well?

What I'm curious about is Tennocon 2018's potential teasers in place of Fortuna. Remember, if Venus was supposed to release prior to Tennocon, it means [DE] had plans of other content exhibitions. I imagine Railjack would remain as is, as well as The New War, but even put together both hardly scratch a twenty-minute mark, let alone an hour, therefore necessitating either different content display, or at least dragging out the existing two.

So what could this original content have been? Tau? Something different?

Well they could have gone more in depth on Garuda.  I suppose also showed a tileset from Tau or something.  I do recall what you're saying though, originally Venus was projected for Spring.

Still - that's an alternate history I wouldn't want to experience because then we wouldn't have all been blessed with WE ALL LIFE TOGETHER.  

As lovely as this would be-- trust me, I'm as hyped for Venus as pretty much everyone in the room sounded when it was being shown off-- I'm also one of those people that is perfectly fine with [DE] taking their loving time designing and polishing their content.

They very well might have lots of other projects in the works, sure, but I think that showing us stuff that isn't nearly as "finished" as, say, Venus-- btw I'm not really sure how finished Venus is, but it already looks SOOOO damn good and from what I saw during TennoLive, it looked to be in a playable state-- could fill us with false hopes, and that's just about the worst thing anyone can do; let alone a game company.

Alas, I'm perfectly fine with this reality and I sincerely hope for the best with regards to Fortuna and the Orb Vallis. Love and peace, friends. We're all adrift together~ ❤️

15 minutes ago, schilds said:

infested room extension

At this point, I almost hope they don't do more with the Helminth lab, if only because I got so tired of waiting to see if they would that I turned mine into an art exhibition for all of my Ayatans. I shudder to think what I would have to change if they actually added something functional to that room...