Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rude People Ruin The Game For Others

capj4

I'm not absolutely certain about this, but I believe you are not supposed to reveal player's names publically in a situation like this. Defaming you could call it.

I think there is something about it in the forum guidelines. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Sophronius

That is life. You will not agree, respect, or be able to hold a conversation with most people.

Also, there is an in game function that allows you to ignore people.

Type /i [playernamehere] to block all further communications with said person.

If you cannot stand them, feel free to leave the game. I know its tough having to leave because someone on your team is being somewhat rude to you, but its the most reasonable action that can be taken. Until the devs remake matchmaking to play with more "desirable" players based on the amount of times they were ignored you'll just have to deal with it the normal way. Leave the session.

No, this is definitely not the place to report.

Probably no where in the forums is the place to do this.

Also....Name and Shame is an invitation for the fire

Deal with the matter privately, pm DE staff, use the report function (you should find the guy in Recent, inside Contacts.... though who knows if that system even works, it's even horribly bad atm) and raise a ticket to support just in case.....

There's nothing to do in the forums other than asking for a flame war

Whilst there is a way to report players, the best and most immediate action you can take is the ignore function.

This is where you type /i [their name] and this will mean that anything this person ever types into chat will just not appear for you. 

Luckily I've never met anyone like that in my games and Ive been playing for well over 3 months. To me the ignore function was just a way to make sure I never take bad players from the recruiting channel again.

Edited by Santaphrax

to hell with "name and shame" and this political correctness bull!!

put that punks name out there for everyone to see Mazzo is just another waste of air, and lowest scum of this earth. 

*off topic political correctness is what is wrong with this world.

Edited by Rompido

Like many people have said before, this can be easily abused. A blacklist option has the least opportunity to be abused.

I've played 2 games that both had the option to kick, WOW and RIFT, combined i've played for a total of 7-8 years. in all that time. only twice have I've been kicked for no good reason other than 3 players from same guild / clan that wanted me out to get their friend in.

Most players that have been kicked ( from my 7-8 years point of view ) have been legit reasons. and seems like most saying "no no, we dont' want kick player option please! " are the ones that have been kicked because plainly they suck. and they still haven't figured it out after all this time.

to hell with "name and shame" and this political correctness bull!!

put that punks name out there for everyone to see Wazzo is just another waste of air, and lowest scum of this earth. 

*off topic political correctness is what is wrong with this world.

...But the dude's name is Mozzo...

Edited by OblivionNecroninja

"jews have money" is a racial statement

and your comment  "...and he seems like someone i'd get along with." makes me not want to play with you at all. if you like racist people like that, by all means go ahead friend him for all I care, but don't paint that person to be a "good and decent person"

Judgmental and holier than thou, aren't we? And yes, it is a racial statement coming from a stereotype and stereotypes exist for a reason. However, racial != racist.

And if we talk racism, racism is one of the more natural responses to life experience. Life makes you racist and most of the times rightfully so. The problem is that racism is only justified in some countries/cities where the majority of a race is indeed a thorn on society's side. But is localized racism true racism to begin with? I'll leave your young mind wondering.

And let's not get ahead of ourselves, you wouldn't be able to keep up with me.

"Life makes you racist and most of the times rightfully so."

No, actually, it's never justified and life doesn't make you racist -- at least, those of us who aren't human garbage.

edit: hth

Edited by litlir

"Life makes you racist and most of the times rightfully so."

No, actually, it's never justified and life doesn't make you racist -- at least, those of us who aren't human garbage.

edit: hth

You don't see the hypocrisy in that? You're being as judgmental as the people you're judging, believing that you're in the right. You aren't racist but you harbour the same hate racist people do but towards those who disagree with you. You're the same.

But I bet this is lost on you.

Edited by RAVVSlathotep

Why does it always go this way? Are you all so eager to trigger drama and senseless arguments?

This thread is past it's bed time, more than enough was said and repeated as how these things are handled to the OP.

These is nothing more to say here.

I'm not absolutely certain about this, but I believe you are not supposed to reveal player's names publically in a situation like this. Defaming you could call it.

I think there is something about it in the forum guidelines. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think this is perfectly fine. The guy acted as such. This just makes it less anonymous than it could've been.

Of course if a post was made for everyone doing this... The forum would be full.

I think calling Jewish people a race is stupid. Judaism is a religion. There is no Jewish race. Its like saying calling someone a $&*#^% is racist. Its not. Its sexist, and banging on about Jews is anti-religions.

As for the comment about life making you racist, I am going to have to agree. As much as it is a big no no to be racist, Everyone IS racist. Even if they say there not. Why? Well, it comes down to human nature being the way it is. We are all prejudiced against things we don't understand. Its a defense thing, more than anything. However, once we get to know different people of different races, we no longer become racist to them.