Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 1.5Gb Ram And The Frame Drop

JohnCares

Hello there!

I have notice, especial in the Phobos maps, that the RAM memory that the client use, go in increment, rapidly, and stops around 1.5BG. When it pass the 1.2GB you start to experiment an FPS drop, but when the client get to 1.5GB of RAM memory, it turns into an slideshow.

http://i.imgur.com/icETlN3.jpg

Someone is experiencing this same issue?

PC Specs:

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU TYPE:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor
CPU SPEED:
3.22 GHz
SYSTEM MEMORY:
8.59 GB
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
785.38 MB
VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
aticfx32.dll
DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
1920x1080
HARD DISK SIZE:
1 TB
HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
653.59 GB (65%)
DOWNLOAD SPEED:
578.2 kB/s (4.6 mbps)

I know my older PC gets RIDICULOUS lag (Framerate Drops I mean) in the Clan Dojo... nothing in the Clan Dojo should be causing lag unless there are issues with poorly optimized graphics assets or something...

Edited by Xylia

maybe it's the new map problem...

While I do like that they are open, those new maps/tileset are horrible on so many levels.

Invisible edges on wall (*not* on map borders), enemies firing at you from inside walls, falling off the map... Sweet grounds for memory leaks, I'd wager.

Well, I know this doesn't help you since you have Dedicated graphics card installed, but for anyone who does not like myself (I use Intel HD2000 on my i7-2600 with 16GB EL RAM), you can try to boost the amount of dedicated system memory to graphics (up to a max of about 512MB total).  Game runs smooth for me ever since I upped it from the standard setting of 64MB total.

It's an in-engine problem with memory optimisation. It's also tied in with a firerate bug which ties it to framerate. Strangely enough, the lower your framerate is, the slower your weapons fire on full auto or burst fire.

Best way to see it? Take a Burston or Sicarus in a mission. Fire at enemies to get a feel for the RoF then try it once you come across lag; you'll notice right away that your bursts are slower.

It's an in-engine problem with memory optimisation. It's also tied in with a firerate bug which ties it to framerate. Strangely enough, the lower your framerate is, the slower your weapons fire on full auto or burst fire.

Best way to see it? Take a Burston or Sicarus in a mission. Fire at enemies to get a feel for the RoF then try it once you come across lag; you'll notice right away that your bursts are slower.

Use a Hind.

It has very loud distinctive fire sounds, and you will KNOW when it lags, becuase it is ridiculously obvious.

Use a Hind.

It has very loud distinctive fire sounds, and you will KNOW when it lags, becuase it is ridiculously obvious.

Still missing a few ressources to craft it; Burston can be store bought for a few credits.

But I'll be looking forward hearing it's sound though.

Still missing a few ressources to craft it; Burston can be store bought for a few credits.

But I'll be looking forward hearing it's sound though.

The gun sounds so badass and it can crank out lots of damage.... BUT too bad everything dies in the first 2-3 shots and the other 2 are 100% wasted ammo lol.

Still, the gun is fun to use for S&G in low-level crap where ammo doesn't matter.

But yes, when it lags... that normal "PAPPAPPAPPAPPAP" will instead sound like "PAP PAP PAP PAP PAP" or "PAP... PAP... PAP... PAP... PAP" instead, and I can DEFINITELY tell the difference whenever 3-5 more grineer come charging into the room, the pauses between shots get more noticeable lol.

Edited by Xylia