Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next prime thoughts....

6 minutes ago, Klaleara said:

technocyte

thats infestation. At least thats what technocyte or has become in warframe. Or thats the strain Ballas created using it?  its confusing but doesnt change the fact warframes are dead zombies mind controlled by the tenno

Also lore doesnt really matter on primes, otherwise limbo would not have a primed version.
People cheer for Chroma, but i'd love a wukong prime 

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

3 hours ago, Klaleara said:

Nidus is completely organic though, adding Orokin technology to it would make it not Nidus imo.  Taking the only organic only Frame, and removing that aspect.

Prime doesn't mean that there is Orokin-Metal on it or something.
Prime means it was made by the Orokin. So there is no problem with a Nidus Prime, because he was made during the Orokin Era. What we have now is just the Tenno-made copy of the Nidus Prime we once had.

4 hours ago, Klaleara said:

Is there some lore bit about that?  Cause that seems silly.

Just to fill in all the gaps in this, the conversations with Ballas in The Sacrifice and lines from the Vitruvian he left, basically say the following:

Warframes existed before the Tenno. Warframes were created from the Helminth (the weird chair in our ship) strain of the Infested that was used to turn humans into weapons to use against the rest of the Infested (which had turned against the Orokin, who created them in the first place to defeat the Sentients, who had turned on them...).

The Primes are the original and strongest version, created from an actual person that Ballas chose to become a new type of Warframe by infecting them with the Helminth strain, while everything else is a kind of 'production model' based off it. The Nidus we have is the production model blueprint held by the people from the Quest, Harrow was a production model version of Harrow stolen by the Red Veil and given to Rell.

The Umbra, on the other hand, are more like... failed attempts to turn a different living person into one of the default models. Umbra was where Ballas tried to turn a strong-willed Dax Warrior into a standard Excalibur, and instead of it working perfectly, the warrior's anger and grief warped the powers a little so that they can be used against Sentients (his worst enemy) and twisted Radial Blind into Radial Howl.

It explains why we can have a Nidus Prime (because it would have been the first and most powerful version that all the rest were based off), it explains the monologue in the Mirage Prime trailer, where the subject was able to twist Ballas' design for her frame into a Harlequin instead of what he'd intended, and it even explains the Valkyr lore, where the Prime would appear one way, the production model was then found by Alad V, taken apart and put back together, and the original blueprints are lost, while the Gersemi (just like all the other Deluxe skins) was a variant produced at the height of the Orokin Era when people started getting their own Tenno bodyguards.

Basically the entire quest is to show that the Orokin Empire was nothing but a cruel dictatorship of many parts and the only good and redeemable beings are the Sentients (who just want to stop the Orokin and their subjects from destroying the Tau system) and the Tenno (lost children looking for space mom/dad who happen to have the ability to calm down the angry infested weapons and be friends with them).

On topic though:

10 hours ago, (XB1)Apexsea2004 said:

I think the next warframe prime will be Chroma, what do you guys think?

I'm of the opinion that it's going to be Chroma. Because the 'male' cycle of the year is across the summer and start of school term, there is no need to mess with the rough order they have of releasing Primes in the same order the base frames were released. (Given that they do two 'males' and two 'females' in that order, of course.)

It's the Christmas Prime Access that gets shifted around, we've had 5 cases (one for every year) of a Prime being shifted for popularity reasons. So the grand likelihood is that we'll get Chroma and then for Christmas we'll get Mesa ^^

As for the weapons, the most likely ones are the ones that have been revealed. Once the hype is there for a Prime weapon, it's usually the one they do ^^ So Akjagara Prime and Gram Prime is the odds-on bet at the moment.

Edited by Thaylien

4 hours ago, Klaleara said:

Sacrifice spoilers

Hide contents

Yes, I agree that Umbra is indeed infested, hence his weapon can be organic.  And no, not all Warframes are infested as far as I'm aware, where did you get that?  The whole ordeal with Umbra is that he is part infested, wouldn't be such a big deal if all Warframes were.

Sorry, while editing (Way too tired to be posting) it for some reason created a second post.  Tried to clean it up as best as I could.

Spoiler

Again, the vitruvian shows the transformation of a human into a regular excalibur, while it talks about how the warframes were bio drones used against the sentients. Infested, but only just through the use of the helminth strain of infested.

8 hours ago, (XB1)Apexsea2004 said:

so, what do you guys think Croma's prime skin will look like?

Prime skin... I think that he's going to be on model quite similar to base Chroma, but I'm guessing they'll go with primed spikes on his arms, knees and tail, plus the usual filigree on his helmet... but! That Primed Helmet and outer skin will shed with Effigy, he'll have his 'prime effect' on the wings of that, and his under-model will still have the primed spikes, as if the pelt was being held on by them.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Badfaildotexe said:

Am I the only one that wants Inaros Prime? We need the true power of the Pharoah. 

Oh you'll get him, but there's... let's see...

You have Chroma next, so there's no chance of getting him this year, so even if they bump Inaros up it'll be June next year. If they don't bump him up, due to him having equal popularity (assumed) with the frames released earlier than him, Wukong and Nezha, then it'll actually be June 2020 when he's released.

On 2018-07-17 at 5:52 PM, Thaylien said:

Prime skin... I think that he's going to be on model quite similar to base Chroma, but I'm guessing they'll go with primed spikes on his arms, knees and tail, plus the usual filigree on his helmet... but! That Primed Helmet and outer skin will shed with Effigy, he'll have his 'prime effect' on the wings of that, and his under-model will still have the primed spikes, as if the pelt was being held on by them.

what if his pelt dragon's wings were huge and looked more edgy.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Apexsea2004 said:

what if his pelt dragon's wings were huge and looked more edgy.

That's what I mean by his 'prime effect', every Prime gets something custom about them that's different from the base frame. Reference below:

Spoiler
  • Limbo got golden streaks around Cataclysm
  • Zephyr got feathers that extend on her arms when she's in the air and removed the silly crotch fin
  • Mirage got a gold band around Prism and energy effects when using Eclipse
  • Hydroid got a Kraken head in the middle of his Tentacle Swarm
  • Oberon got different foliage on Hallowed Ground
  • Banshee got energy effects in her helmet and a model change to her shoes and shoulder guard (no more boat shoes!)
  • Valkyr got a golden Ripline with 'webbing' visuals
  • Nekros got visual changes to his zombies
  • Vauban got energy effect updates to Vortex
  • Saryn got energy effects on her body during Toxic Lash
  • Trinity got visual effects on Blessing
  • Ash gets visual effects after coming out of Smoke Screen and Teleport
  • Volt's Shock becomes an actual lightning strike
  • Nova gets golden (at base) orbs for her Null Star and Anti-Matter Drop, also her helmet and back armour expands when you sprint to look like ribbons/bows.
  • Nyx's Chaos has the illusion Nyx holograms holding a Braton Prime instead of a base Braton
  • Loki's Decoy has him holding a Lex Prime instead of a base Lato
  • Rhino gets gold (at base) Iron Skin
  • Ember has golden debris after an explosion from World on Fire
  • Mag has golden debris from Crush
  • Frost has golden spikes after casting Ice Wave
  • Excal has a custom Exalted Blade that looks like an oversized Skana Prime.

So yeah, what I was saying is that whatever custom effect Chroma Prime will have will probably be on the wings of Effigy, either making them more Draconic, or giving them a metallic gold finish instead of being pure energy.

I don't know about edgy, that's more Nekros' and Harrow's territory ^^