Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Plains get the same streamlining to bounties we saw for Venus?

(XBOX)LocIsBac

At Tennocon 2018 we saw a new open world game section that is clearly the next step in the evolution Plains brought to the table last year which leads to a simple question; Will Plains of Eidelon be updated to have some of the quality of life improvements that Venus is introducing. Specifically will the ability to get new bounties without returning to Cetus be implemented on the plains as well? Also will we be able to ride the hills of our first openworld zone with the hoverboard? i doubt we'll have answers immediately so instead I wonder what quality of life differences that the community saw in the quick snapshot of TennoLive do you gys want to be added to the plains?

8 minutes ago, (XB1)LocIsBac said:

Also will we be able to ride the hills of our first openworld zone with the hoverboard

Yes and a screenshot made by Steve on Twitter proves it. Whoo-hoo!

8 minutes ago, (XB1)LocIsBac said:

Specifically will the ability to get new bounties without returning to Cetus be implemented on the plains as well?

I think it would be tough since there are no forward bases on the plains (can be added though), plus the plains are fairly small - but I'm speaking from a Nezha, Zephyr PoV, for Rhino they are endless... I begin to understand Gimli.

16 minutes ago, (XB1)LocIsBac said:

Specifically will the ability to get new bounties without returning to Cetus be implemented on the plains as well?

Yep! Steve did say on Twitter that Cetus will get it as well.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)LocIsBac said:

Also will we be able to ride the hills of our first openworld zone with the hoverboard?

Steve also has confirmed that we will be able to use the hoverboards in the Plains.

13 minutes ago, den2k said:

plus the plains are fairly small - but I'm speaking from a Nezha, Zephyr PoV, for Rhino they are endless... I begin to understand Gimli.

Not the point. For many players the problem is the loading time in the Cetus tunnel: it takes me almost one minute to load Cetus, and one minute to load back in the plains.

Yeah, I've got a 7-years old laptop. What of it, I'm far from the only one.

Having a bounty point in the middle of the plains would actually allow people with sub-par hardware to have a much better gaming experience. At the cost of very little work from DE's part.

1 hour ago, Dhrekr said:

Not the point. For many players the problem is the loading time in the Cetus tunnel: it takes me almost one minute to load Cetus, and one minute to load back in the plains.

Didn't think of it.

1 hour ago, Dhrekr said:

Yeah, I've got a 7-years old laptop. What of it, I'm far from the only one.

When playing PUB it may take the same time for me, and I have a powerful rig (enough to run Doom and The Witcher 3 max settings 60fps without a single stutter). Sometimes even in Solo it takes a while, it's mainly a Cetus problem.

1 hour ago, Dhrekr said:

Having a bounty point in the middle of the plains would actually allow people with sub-par hardware to have a much better gaming experience.

Not only them, repeating the Extract/Konzu/Enter is boring. Since apparently they stated they will do it on the plains too I'm definitely happy of it.

POE should get bug fixes for crap thats broken.   But DO NOT ask for them to back track to older content yet for christ sake.   Let them release venus and tweak it.   Let them work on the one after that....   By then they should have a really good understanding of how to deal with the open world areas and can then MAYBE go back and make changes to PoE.  

If they have to stop and go back everytime they do something new, progress will grind to a halt.  

1 hour ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

POE should get bug fixes for crap thats broken.   But DO NOT ask for them to back track to older content yet for christ sake.   Let them release venus and tweak it.   Let them work on the one after that....   By then they should have a really good understanding of how to deal with the open world areas and can then MAYBE go back and make changes to PoE.  

If they have to stop and go back everytime they do something new, progress will grind to a halt.  

How about we not so that, lets get the previous open world fixed and not broken before releasing a new unplayable broken mess that will take 6 months before you can reliably finish all the missions it offers without softlocking