The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrapnel Based Rifle Idea

Maxinus

Imagine a long gun that shoots Shrapnel at a High Velocity that you can then Magnetically Rip out said shrapnel for reuse. Puncture damage going in with some Impact and Slash coming out. with the Magnet bit it'd be charged based like the Lanka so more charge more pulling force less is less (duh). Now Artistically speaking I see a Long Light machine gun looking thing big ol box magazine decent fire rate, big muzzle with a crude magnet on the front. Grineer Aesthetic probably. Anyways any feed back or ideas is cool :^) 

-Credit to my Friend Carl

hmm, multi-stage and multi-hitting. sounds neato.

some quick thoughts:

• require LoS to embed shards into Enemies, but when you use Alt-Fire to recall them, they gain some innate Punch-Through and take a direct path towards the Player? 
    would let you line Enemies up to get shots to hit Enemies a whole bunch of times.
  • shards deal DoT while they are stuck in Enemies?

so then that can let it be a Weapon that has quite low Base Damage but the Weapon is pretty much all about Multi-Hits. hitting once when you shoot, once when recalled, and while stuck in Enemies. bunch Enemies up for exponential effect to compensate for the low Base Damage.

On 2018-07-23 at 1:08 AM, taiiat said:

hmm, multi-stage and multi-hitting. sounds neato.

some quick thoughts:

• require LoS to embed shards into Enemies, but when you use Alt-Fire to recall them, they gain some innate Punch-Through and take a direct path towards the Player? 
    would let you line Enemies up to get shots to hit Enemies a whole bunch of times.
  • shards deal DoT while they are stuck in Enemies?

so then that can let it be a Weapon that has quite low Base Damage but the Weapon is pretty much all about Multi-Hits. hitting once when you shoot, once when recalled, and while stuck in Enemies. bunch Enemies up for exponential effect to compensate for the low Base Damage.

Yeah so think about it like a big ol cannon that shoots like space razor blades that oof them Grineer then you just zwoop them back to you

On 2018-07-23 at 12:32 AM, Aeon94 said:

Sounds interesting. Would love to see stat ideas and visuals tho 😄

Dont have any visuals as art for me is just a sneeze on MS paint but as for stats im thinking it'd be puncture and impact going in and coming out it'd be slash as for exact stats

21 Puncture

10 impact

12 slash

20%ish status

10%crit

2.0 Crit mult

on alt fire 

Just 30 slash 

40%status

10%crit

2.0 crit mult

Once again any feedback is great feel free to try your hand at imagining what this thing would look like and how it'd work

On 2018-07-25 at 3:21 AM, Maxinus said:

Ok so my boi Carl made this rendition, took him a few weeks so pls no bulliunknown.png

*tries not to laugh*

I might draw up this weapon and crunch some more serious numbers for my Forum Thread. Honesty quite an interesting weapon that... could be quite effective at taking out Sentients.

On 2018-07-26 at 1:08 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

*tries not to laugh*

I might draw up this weapon and crunch some more serious numbers for my Forum Thread. Honesty quite an interesting weapon that... could be quite effective at taking out Sentients.

If its Used Be sure to give credit where its due ill try to help with what i ca regarding it

On 2018-07-26 at 4:08 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

could be quite effective at taking out Sentients.

a Weapon that is based on hitting large groups of Enemies, and deals low Damage to a single Enemy?
yeah, that sounds like a great Weapon for a large Boss that has no other Enemies around it to speak of. >.>

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

a Weapon that is based on hitting large groups of Enemies, and deals low Damage to a single Enemy?
yeah, that sounds like a great Weapon for a large Boss that has no other Enemies around it to speak of. >.>

Respectfully sir, you should check out my concept before jumping to conclusions about what the enemies are like. Respectfully, it could also do a lot of damage to a single target if you embed all the shrapnel into one opponent, and if the primary and secondary fire are two different damage types you could bypass 2 sentient health gates