Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficulty 5 Is Unviable For Solo Play.

DarknightK

Unless your running a stealth playthrough (with or without shade, though it does greatly easen the experience), Level 5 (Ceres, Sedna, Neptune later missions, and Pluto altogether) missions become ever-so difficult for solo-play enthusiasts who prefer either a hybrid between stealth and gunplay or just pure carnage. Hopefully the damage system rework will alleviate the fact that "Durp get Boltor/Despair/Dread to win" won't be necessary anymore.

Right now I HAVE to play with my Mag with her fully maxxed Streamline, Flow, Focus, and Stretch in order to win (along with some Vitality, Redirection, and Fast Deflection Mods).

Anyone else feel the same way? I know Warframe is kind of built around team-based gameplay, but that sure is damn hard when your like "Oh look, there's one person in Lex right now" But when you click on the planet, you usually have to wait a whole @(*()$ hour just for ONE person to join your game.

Kinda hard to play team without the team DE. .-.

(Not that I don't like Clan/Alliance/Organized play, but once in a blue moon i'd like to just jump into a random session)

I can solo 5 star missions with or without Ai weapons. Some mission just have a lot of spawns and it helps to have a powerful weapon like a HEK or Sobek. One easy way to solo non defense mission is to always be careful not to trigger alarms.

Edited by LazyKnight

I know Warframe is kind of built around team-based gameplay

This.

Yeah, I know "Why DE gaive us teh solo optoin!!!!!!!11111111oneoneeleven", etc., but hey:

It's co-op game

You can solo, BUT you need to be aware, that it's the hard way of playing.

You feel the lack of challenge? K, play solo, it'll be a bit harder.

Game should never be balanced around solo play.

And what region do you have? Maybe there are not too many players in that certain region and all you need to do is to just change it?

Besides, are you unlocking nodes, or playing those Spies and Captures for "rewards"? You need to know, that most of the players are scattered through Endless Defence and Assasination missions - those are the only missions worth doing.

I haven't noticed this.

What's your Serration/Hornet strike at?

Do you own all the multishot mods?

I have my serrations for my primaries and secondaries either 3rd to last, 2nd to last, or maxxed rank. Although some (like my Braton, which I'm scrapping for a Braton Prime soon enough), are non-potatoed and probably only forma'd once, making me really picky on which mods I choose.

But I mainly go for the Crit chance, crit damage mods since I very often aim for weakspots (I'm that kind of OCD guy that just HAS TO). I stack up on Armor Piercing as well, usually to its max rank or as close to it as I can.

But aside from modding and stuff, my main concern is probably the matchmaking with randoms. I see almost NO ONE on any other mission besides Defense or Assassinations.

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with my ports, just before anyone starts that up.

I have my serrations for my primaries and secondaries either 3rd to last, 2nd to last, or maxxed rank. Although some (like my Braton, which I'm scrapping for a Braton Prime soon enough), are non-potatoed and probably only forma'd once, making me really picky on which mods I choose.

But I mainly go for the Crit chance, crit damage mods since I very often aim for weakspots (I'm that kind of OCD guy that just HAS TO). I stack up on Armor Piercing as well, usually to its max rank or as close to it as I can.

But aside from modding and stuff, my main concern is probably the matchmaking with randoms. I see almost NO ONE on any other mission besides Defense or Assassinations.

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with my ports, just before anyone starts that up.

That's not how crits works. That's your problem. You just need a better understanding of the damage mechanics.

And what region do you have? Maybe there are not too many players in that certain region and all you need to do is to just change it?

Besides, are you unlocking nodes, or playing those Spies and Captures for "rewards"? You need to know, that most of the players are scattered through Endless Defence and Assasination missions - those are the only missions worth doing.

Right now I play on the NA servers East.

And YES, this is the point I'm trying to barf out.

Unless Spy/Capture/Deception/Bleh missions get some sort of "unique" or whatever reward, people would only do them to unlock other missions in the planet. :/

I agree, that 90% of missions are not worth playing.

But as few fellow Tenno stated before me, it's probably a matter of your setup.

I'll be honest - Mag is one of the weakest frames.

And crit-chance is not worth using, since most of weapons don't have too much crit chance.

It'll be nice if you'' tell us your current gear, so we can tell you what to use.

Also check on Warframe Wiki, there are lots of things in there, so you can understand game mechanics better.

Currently I have a maxed rank Mag and Ash (Cheers for hoping Mag will eventually get some sort of rework), and a Rank 22 Nova in the works.

As for my Primaries I'm packing Max ranks of a Braton, and soon a Miter (Rank 28 right now). Plus I'm hoping to eventually build the Ogris, since it's on the rage right now for cc and other stuff.

My secondaries consist of Potatoe'd and Forma'd Twin Vipers, which I rely on my "oh shiet I need something to get out right now", and I'm as of right now building the Twin Gremlins.

My Melee is probably the most expansive: Dual Ethers, Hate, Plasma Sword (I don't really like it aside from the charge damage), and Amphis.

The PSword and Amphis will probably go, I've had more luck with the Ethers and Hate :S

This.

Yeah, I know "Why DE gaive us teh solo optoin!!!!!!!11111111oneoneeleven", etc., but hey:

It's co-op game

You can solo, BUT you need to be aware, that it's the hard way of playing.

You feel the lack of challenge? K, play solo, it'll be a bit harder.

Game should never be balanced around solo play.

Borderlands 2 is balanced like this. The result is Co-Op play that is simply waaaaay too easy, even on the hardest difficulties; and Solo is literally impossible, not even exaggerating. To me, Warframe  is following the same, unfortunate, pattern as BL2 (obviously not as extreme on the Solo aspect). A game should have multiple levels of difficulty, not two extremes.

Edited by Eulo

As for my Primaries I'm packing Max ranks of a Braton, and soon a Miter (Rank 28 right now). Plus I'm hoping to eventually build the Ogris, since it's on the rage right now for cc and other stuff.

The braton is a start weapon.

The miter has so many issues right now its not worth leveling

The ogris is not good at solo missions other than solo defense.

You'll be amazed how much more damage you deal once you find your multi-shot mods.

Whoever says it's a breeze, look at your warframe, now at the shield/hp stats. Notice how they're very high because you're not really using a glass cannon frame.

I don't have a problem with any non defense mission, but I can see why some people would.

If anything should be done, it's a reduction to the number of enemies that appear in solo mode. They can't really expect new players to fight off hordes of aimbot grineer as if they were in a group.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

After putting up with a Heavy Gunner, a sea of standard Grineer Grunts, and the Stalker all at once, only to have it followed up with another two Heavy Gunners, all while holding a rank 15 Hind and rank 8 Seer,I gotta say that this game scales horribly based on the number of players. I can stand a heavy unit every now and then but mob size always seems to range from 20 to 1 billion even by yourself, and at that point the game becomes more annoying than fun since you can barely leave the first room.

On the other hand, I guess it's called difficulty level 5 for a reason (although I don't remember the difficulty on the example I gave), though they really should indicate the difficulty on the map instead of just as you start the level, and stop with the ever annoying endless spam of enemies for every ten steps you take. I'd rather fight a small squad of heavy gunners every room instead of the normal grunts again and again "only now there's more of them! Look how fun and diverse this is!"