Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Check lure tether after eidolon stands up

LordSky00

Currently:

Once you break an eidolon joint (synova...something) the game will immediately checks to see if there is an available lure to tether the eidolon right away, then do the screaming animation, stand up and it will either teleport away or start walking/attacking again.

What is happening:

Sometimes lures are out of range the very instant a joint breaks or the team will fill a lure after the joint has broken but before it stands up again. While the eidolon is screaming, it stands up appearing to be tethered but then it teleports away confusing all the players. Everyone then complains that the game is "bugged", when in fact it probably just did the lure check too soon, from the players' perspective.

Change (I hope will happen😞

After you break one of the joints, it screams, stands up, THEN check to see if there are lures to tether the eidolon down. This way, the visual match what is happening. Or consequently, don't show the lures tethering the eidolon. which leads to the confusion

Edited by LordSky00
grammar is hard. changed a few words around for clarification.

Lure AI in general is pretty annoying IMO. I would suggest something like, having any lure in a set distance of the eidolon, be stuck to him. Maybe as long as the player is himself in a bigger set distance from the eidolon.  Or just once they enter the eidolon "radius", they'd be "orbitting" it until they or it is destroyed.

You'd just have to deposit the lure to the eidolon and not worry about it. All the lures do is forcing you to take the mag proc. You could also argue that you can't make your lures avoid attacks then, I'd answer that you never could control them at all anyway, IMO.

Perhaps add a mission objective that shows:

Lures tethered to Hydrolyst: 0/3

Because ppl still argue over how many lures need to capture Terry, Gary and Harry.

or

3/3 lures: Gauntalyst ready to be captured / 2/3 lures, Gauntalyst will be killed.

13 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

You could also argue that you can't make your lures avoid attacks then

It baffles me that they are so prone to Eidolon attacks in the first place considering that the Grineer made them to absorb Eidolon energy.  I feel like the giant death rays (the most dangerous to them) shouldn't affect them and only physical attacks such as stomps should.

Il y a 17 heures, Katinka a dit :

It baffles me that they are so prone to Eidolon attacks in the first place considering that the Grineer made them to absorb Eidolon energy.  I feel like the giant death rays (the most dangerous to them) shouldn't affect them and only physical attacks such as stomps should.

Quick idea in this department : have them be imune to all eidolon attacks, make the voomalysts prioritise lures and increase their damage toward them. They would be a bit more than just an annoyance, and pub groups would learn faster that they have to take them down too.