Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Chroma fun to play

thats a very subjective opinion. noone can tell you if YOU would find him fun. check his abilities/wiki page or maybe youtube videos if u dont want to get him and try him out urself. noone can tell you if he fits ur playstyle or ur definition of fun.

i can tell u that hes not a frame whos too interactive in terms of abilities. he buffs himself and his weapons/allies for the most part. his 1 is bad and his 4 is mostly used for defense/framing if at all, his 2 and 3 are buffs. in that regard hes more of a passive frame. u can compare him to rhino in that regard although his buffing is a bit different and rhino has a more useful 4 and 1 generally speaking. they are different, but in terms of general style compare chroma to a rhino without his 1 and 4. thats how i would describe him.

Edited by Xydeth

he is more or less a weapon carrier, more so than valkyr, inaros or wukong (sort of..) as they have abilities that have a use beyond a buff

for the most part you just build him up to focus on his 2 & 3, and that's it, you keep an eye on the timer for those two abilities and recast

they buff your damage and add to your bulk, if you like to spend your time shooting or swinging more than casting abilities he may be what you're looking for

I personally don't find him fun to play and after 5 formas I leave him off my load outs

I have differing builds for Chroma...my fave for play fun is using his 4 while darting around with the added speed. Now with the ability to make the pelt move....it is even more dragon tamer fun for me. 

I try using his 1...but now that we can be knocked down while using it, not so much fun anymore. Used the Augment to see if that would bring it back to funning...nope. 

2/3 are there to help with survival as I have not used the Augment for them yet. Will give them a tryout once I get back on the interwebs to play. Probably will go along the lines of Rhino Roar Aug and not really SEE the effect to know it is working. 

It more or less depends on how you are gonna play him. Either tanky and no pelt action or pelt away and strike more like a ninja than a tank. He is one of the few that can change up his play style and it really can be seen on the battlefield. 

Give him a try yourself and you will see the reason he is gotten so much

2 hours ago, FoxyKabam said:

he is more or less a weapon carrier, more so than valkyr, inaros or wukong (sort of..) as they have abilities that have a use beyond a buff

for the most part you just build him up to focus on his 2 & 3, and that's it, you keep an eye on the timer for those two abilities and recast

they buff your damage and add to your bulk, if you like to spend your time shooting or swinging more than casting abilities he may be what you're looking for

I personally don't find him fun to play and after 5 formas I leave him off my load outs

What they said, sans 3 forma.