Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mios and Lacera whips are broken since last hotfix

MaraWuti

Tried with multiple frames, with and without mods (including Primed Reach), and ever since the last update they only function as a short range sword even when fully equipped. No matter what combo is used, the whip won't extend.

Jat Kusar works fine for some reason.

Yes I can confirm it is indeed broken. The Blade'n'Whip weapons (except the Kusar for some reason) never extends the whip portion now whenever a combo or charged attack is performed.

I made my own investigation into the thing using both simulacrum and captura, and I reported it in bugs too, complete with a screenshot that shows the whip never lashes out..

I hope it's kinda comprehensive on concluding that Lacera and Mios is truly broken after the hotfix. I really hope they'll fix it! Blade'N'Whips are so fun!

Edited by Yudhaikeledai

oh boy, another thing breaks about my favorite weapon, and this time its more than just an annoying cosmetic idle animation problem, or certain weapon animations missing during attacks (for those that don't know the scissor part of mios doesn't open and close on quick melee attacks anymore) now something actually important breaks.

Its cause of stuff like this I'm afraid of melee 3.0 who knows how badly thats going to break Mios and Lacera, for all we know they'll loose their unique feature of being a different weapon when being used for quick melee

21 minutes ago, MaraWuti said:

I am 95% sure that the melee 3.0 code (which they mentioned is in the game atm, just 'switched off') is what broke them in the first place.

wouldn't surprise me but also wouldn't surprise me if anything else could of broke them, the BnW have had animation problems for years now