Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Question

Twentyside

Question

This definitely  isn't something pressing but rather just something I noticed in a game and was wondering about. 

I was in a interception mission playing umbra and went into operator mode; since his passive allows him to shoot and use ability's all on his own, it was like having two people defending a single spot. While doing this I noticed the kills made by my umbra did not convert over to my kill score. Is there a reason they went this route? or is it just a oversight?

4 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Twentyside said:

This definitely  isn't something pressing but rather just something I noticed in a game and was wondering about. 

I was in a interception mission playing umbra and went into operator mode; since his passive allows him to shoot and use ability's all on his own, it was like having two people defending a single spot. While doing this I noticed the kills made by my umbra did not convert over to my kill score. Is there a reason they went this route? or is it just a oversight?

This is very intentional.  The reason umbra can act on his own is directly tied to plot what warframes are and the current end-game quest released (Sacrifice).  Probably the reason will be fleshed out more in future missions that will deal with umbra-type warframes (if especially we pray to the DE for more plot). So I would play all the story.

If you think about it, umbra basically a free specter/warframe pet very similar to chroma's ability to have its own minion make.  So balance-wise is not a super big issue, as its just the free version of an already tested game mechanic.

By the same token though, I don't think your pet or specter's kill go toward your kill count for the reason that Q-Voltage mentioned.  If they do, then umbra not going toward your kill count is a bug.

Edited by mlane16

I suppose I never thought to look into whether pet kills count towards my kills. Based of the results of that I guess it would tell me whether that's just how it is or if it's a bug.

Edited by Twentyside