Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Index weapons

(PSN)The_Lost_Pharoah

Question

I recently just got into running the Index. I am using a Soma Prime build for Radiation and Viral. However, my time to kill takes forever and I see other players just one shotting everything. What is a really good weapon to use so I dont have to worry so much about ammo and taking so long to kill things. Also does the frame matter? I was running a nekros and everyone quit saying it was my fault. 

Or just use Mesa and press 4, her peacemaker damage is strong enough to obliterate index enemies in seconds even in John Prodman run and you dont have to worry about whatever weapon you use

her 3 with a single intensify also provides 95% damage reduction

13 hours ago, (PS4)KyleXY12345 said:

Status proc of toxin deals damage over time that bypasses shields and armor and directly damages an enemy’s health.

Status chance is the chance a status proc will occure per shot. This is generally helpful and has more scaleability than a full crit weapon.

100% status chance is possible on some weapons, but not all of them. How good a weapon would be with a status build depends on its firerate and impact, puncture, and slash distribution as well as its status chance.

Weapons that are ideal for status builds are weapons that have a:

• High Firerate
  • Good status chance
  • Focused ips distribution (preferrably focused on slash for viral + slash builds)

This is wrong, toxin does not bypass armor. 

The rest of the advice you give is OK but very general, and not specific to the index at all. In there you want max killing power as at higher levels the mobs will easily one shot you, especially the sneaky one that uses invisibility. 

By max I mean burst. You don't wanna wait on slash procs and whatnot, at higher levels you'll be dead by then. IPS isn't a thing either, in index you want radiation damage, and also cold damage if you can fit some in the build.

Edited by SaidTheRogue

1 minute ago, SaidTheRogue said:

This is wrong, toxin does not bypass armor. 

The rest of the advice you give is OK but very general, and not specific to the index at all. In there you want max killing power as at higher levels the mobs will easily one shot you, especially the sneaky one that uses invisibility. 

Radiation bypasses armor right? I normally try running corrosive builds but since i have the space i thoriugh all elemental 60/60 mods on my Tigris, Sweeping Serration, Hell's Chamber and Primed Point Blank. 100% status chance AND it hits like a Freight Train. My slash is around 17,000

Nothing at all bypasses armor, some things get a damage bonus, or penalty, against certain things. 

The problem is the mobs in the index are not normal corpus. They have alloy armor and for that you want radiation damage. 75 percent damage bonus. 

And yeah I play Mesa in there haha. When in doubt, send bullets out. 

Lots of bullets.

1 minute ago, Nubcrawler said:

I use the Lex Prime with a Radiation build for my weapon of choice in the Index, i find i one to two hit most things with it. The frame i use is Rhino.

How much is the damage cause I have a Lex prime and I can't really kill with it would you mind showing me your build 

4 minutes ago, kamyung said:

How much is the damage cause I have a Lex prime and I can't really kill with it would you mind showing me your build 

I'm not 100% sure if this is it, i am not at home right now but i think this is right.

Convulsion, Sharpened Bullets, Primed Heated Charge, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion, Primed Target Cracker, Primed Pistol Gamit, Hornet Strike. I might not have Sharpened Bullets? Like i said i'm not at home but don't forget to aim for the head~

26 минут назад, (PS4)The_Lost_Pharoah сказал:

Radiation bypasses armor right? I normally try running corrosive builds but since i have the space i thoriugh all elemental 60/60 mods on my Tigris, Sweeping Serration, Hell's Chamber and Primed Point Blank. 100% status chance AND it hits like a Freight Train. My slash is around 17,000

Nothing bypasses armor it just deals bonus damage to it.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

By the time you do that, the Bursa will blow your ass up. Keep it simple and use what's known to get good bonuses against them.. Radiation damage. 

Also cold OR toxin, if you can fit it in there but no big deal if you can't. The main thing is radiation and it's because of armor. We all know how ridiculous armor is in this game. 

1 minute ago, -Temp0- said:

Procs arent damage type. 

If you are talking about just the damage types and none of the effects you can proc on an enemy then yes you are right. However Slash procs do bypass armor and shields and that is something people shouldn't be forgetting very easily or ignoring.

On 2018-07-30 at 9:43 PM, (PS4)The_Lost_Pharoah said:

I have the Sancti Tigris, has all 4 dual stat mods pushes over 15,000 corrosive damage and has 100% status chance also has a maxed serration and Primed point blank. but...I suck with it. it takes me forever to aim and fire. so I dont use it in the index. I will have to look into the Arca Plasmor

Sorry but your Sancti Tigris can't get to the "true" 100% status chance with 4 60/60 elemental mods. You have to get 100% status chance on it before any multishot mods (on a pellet based shotgun) for it to count as "true" 100% status chance.

Anything below 100% has the status chance spread over the pellets.

E.g. 99.99% with 10 pellets means each pellet has a 9.999% chance to proc status.

Whereas at 100% chance, it becomes 100% chance to proc status per pellet.

That is also the main reason why 4 x 60/60 elemental mods works really well on a Tigris without additional status chance mods/riven. 30% (base) x 340% (the +240% from all 4 60/60 elemental mods) for 102% status chance.

Even a 29% base chance will not be able to achieve 100% status chance with just 4 60/60s. (You get 98.6% instead)

Edited by PierceSG

4 hours ago, PierceSG said:

Sorry but your Sancti Tigris can't get to the "true" 100% status chance with 4 60/60 elemental mods. You have to get 100% status chance on it before any multishot mods (on a pellet based shotgun) for it to count as "true" 100% status chance.

Anything below 100% has the status chance spread over the pellets.

E.g. 99.99% with 10 pellets means each pellet has a 9.999% chance to proc status.

Whereas at 100% chance, it becomes 100% chance to proc status per pellet.

That is also the main reason why 4 x 60/60 elemental mods works really well on a Tigris without additional status chance mods/riven. 30% (base) x 340% (the +240% from all 4 60/60 elemental mods) for 102% status chance.

Even a 29% base chance will not be able to achieve 100% status chance with just 4 60/60s. (You get 98.6% instead)

I know that. I have the Tigris Prime too. I just like the sancti better

I personally use my Arca Plasmor modded for magnetic and gas plus the innate radiation and it can one or two shot everything even in high index. For a secondary I use either Pyrana Prime because obviously, or I use my Mara Detron but mostly because I can mod the same elemental combos as the Plasmor AND I have a Detron riven. Without the riven I'd say Pyrana Prime performs much more solidly alongside the Plasmor.

As far as frames go, ignore the whiny people and the shamers and use whatever frame you feel most comfortable using. I've seen all kinds of different frames work out just fine, if you're smart and know your limits and you're enjoying yourself then just go do it. 

1 hour ago, Lannen said:

I personally use my Arca Plasmor modded for magnetic and gas plus the innate radiation and it can one or two shot everything even in high index. For a secondary I use either Pyrana Prime because obviously, or I use my Mara Detron but mostly because I can mod the same elemental combos as the Plasmor AND I have a Detron riven. Without the riven I'd say Pyrana Prime performs much more solidly alongside the Plasmor.

As far as frames go, ignore the whiny people and the shamers and use whatever frame you feel most comfortable using. I've seen all kinds of different frames work out just fine, if you're smart and know your limits and you're enjoying yourself then just go do it. 

this is helpful I dont have an Arca Plasmor. I took a Titania into the index this morning. everyone was like are you sure? Yes im sure. I have her set for max strength and duration. I kill with my Tigris and run around and pick up energy orbs. then I start Razorwing and go to town I use whatever frame I feel like using at the time. Using a frame that isnt considered "meta" adds some challenge because you have to change your strategy. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)The_Lost_Pharoah said:

this is helpful I dont have an Arca Plasmor. I took a Titania into the index this morning. everyone was like are you sure? Yes im sure. I have her set for max strength and duration. I kill with my Tigris and run around and pick up energy orbs. then I start Razorwing and go to town I use whatever frame I feel like using at the time. Using a frame that isnt considered "meta" adds some challenge because you have to change your strategy. 

Well I would absolutely suggest getting an Arca Plasmor built, even if not for Index just to experience the glory of the glob cannon. Tigris variants should be more than adequate though if that's what you like, I personally just don't like the Tigris family so I steer clear of them. I have also had good luck with my Corinth and Vaykor Hek, generally just any shotgun set up well will probably get the job done (as with most of the game these days). I've even gone in with Vectis Prime and just ripped off headshots and cleared it out just fine. That's the beauty of Warframe, if you get good with something you can make it work even where maybe it "shouldn't".

16 minutes ago, Lannen said:

Well I would absolutely suggest getting an Arca Plasmor built, even if not for Index just to experience the glory of the glob cannon. Tigris variants should be more than adequate though if that's what you like, I personally just don't like the Tigris family so I steer clear of them. I have also had good luck with my Corinth and Vaykor Hek, generally just any shotgun set up well will probably get the job done (as with most of the game these days). I've even gone in with Vectis Prime and just ripped off headshots and cleared it out just fine. That's the beauty of Warframe, if you get good with something you can make it work even where maybe it "shouldn't".

Where can i get the Arca Plasmor? and that is why I stick with warframe. I like all the choices you can make, and all the different combinations. I like the Tigris. family just hate the reloads. and honestly if you set up any frame and weapon right you can take them anywhere and do fine

4 minutes ago, (PS4)The_Lost_Pharoah said:

Where can i get the Arca Plasmor? and that is why I stick with warframe. I like all the choices you can make, and all the different combinations. I like the Tigris. family just hate the reloads. and honestly if you set up any frame and weapon right you can take them anywhere and do fine

The energy lab in the clan dojo has the blueprint (here's a link so you can see the material requirements).

vor 7 Minuten schrieb (PS4)The_Lost_Pharoah:

You can get the BP from the energy lab in your dojo.

Edited by (PS4)de_sch0sch