Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Nyx Kit Rework Suggestion

(PSN)mahoshonenfox

Here's my suggestion for a rework to Nyx's kit.

1) Mind Control (25 Energy)
- Cast on an enemy target and makes the enemy fight for you like a specter for 30 seconds.
- But unlike specters, you can still damage and kill them.
- There is no limit to the number of enemies Nyx can Mind Control at a time but since its limited by duration, eventually it will cap on its own.
- Its hit scan and goes through objects so you can cast on enemies without line of sight.

2) Psychic Bolt (50 Energy)
- Cast on an enemy target and deals 200 blast damage.
- An enemy hit by Psychic bolt will have a 10m AoE for 30 seconds that forces aggro from all other enemies in it.
- Aggro'd enemies CANNOT target anything else other than the affected enemy.
- If you have any Mind Controlled enemies, they automatically aggro to the enemy affected by Psychic Bolt regardless of their distance to the affected enemy allowing Nyx to literally take command of her mind controlled army.
- Only one target can be under the influence of Psychic Bolt and casting on another target switches the aggro field to the newest target.
- Its hit scan and goes through objects so you can cast on enemies without line of sight.

3) Cascade (75 Energy)
- Nyx emits a psychic pulse with an AoE range of 10m from her position.
- Enemies caught in the AoE are dealt 800 blast damage and are knocked down due to the 100% chance blast proc.
- Each enemy under the effect of Mind Control will also emit a 10m AoE pulse that deals 400 blast damage to itself and all other enemies caught in its AoE.
- If enough Mind Controlled enemies are clustered together, a sizable amount of cascading chain reaction damage can be achieved.
- Enemies killed by this ability will have a special head exploding death animation. (If they have a head.)
- Augment is changed to Dominating Cascade where all enemies hit by the original pulse from Nyx will be Mind Controlled with a 10/20/30 second duration.

4) Absorb
- No change.
- All Mind Controlled enemies will be dealt equal damage whenever the Absorb field takes damage.

5) Relinquish (Passive)
- Once every 30 seconds, all enemies within 10m of Nyx each has a 50% chance to be Mind Controlled for 15 seconds.

Edited by (PS4)mahoshonenfox

vor 54 Minuten schrieb Xetael:

i love some of the ideas here but i wana ask ya man, wont controlling unlimited enemy be a little broken? even if its for a short period of time. or does the skill have a cooldown period with it?

When the Revenant is out he can controll nearly all enemies with his first Ability and a bit of time, so I don't think it would be broken on Nyx. But  I would like to have something different :

• give the target an innate damage boost (like the augment does now)
  • hold the ability to release the target of mind control an get the accumulated damage
  • maybe be able to control up to three target (new augment?)

Your idea for her second skill sounds good. But why blast damage? Radiation or Impact  would fit her theme better.

Why do you remove chaos ? It is her best skill now and works fine, so I don't see a reason to change it. Your 3rd Ability could be worked into her 4th Ability. And I would change the Damage of her 4th Ability to Radiation or Impact.

As a passive, your idea could be too good. So I vote for my idea I made on another thread :

Passive Mind Reading : As Nyx can read the minds of her enemies, she is able to predict their movements. 

• 5-10% Evasion
  • or because it is easier to concentrate on few minds rather than many 50% Evasion -5% per Enemy in 20-30m Radius (can go either to 0% or stay at a minimun 5/10%)
  • or to make it even more complex, it could also depend on type of attack (melee or ranged, as it is easier to dodge a sword then a bullet)

1 hour ago, Xetael said:

i love some of the ideas here but i wana ask ya man, wont controlling unlimited enemy be a little broken? even if its for a short period of time. or does the skill have a cooldown period with it?

Not really. There's a 30 second duration on the mind control. There's no way to refresh the duration. As Nyx mind controls more enemies, the duration eventually expires on earlier mind controlled enemies.

This was inspired by Vlad's 1 but is actually weaker because Nyx's mind controlled enemies cannot infect each other so only Nyx can spread the effect itself.

13 minutes ago, Naneel said:

When the Revenant is out he can controll nearly all enemies with his first Ability and a bit of time, so I don't think it would be broken on Nyx. But  I would like to have something different :

• give the target an innate damage boost (like the augment does now)
  • hold the ability to release the target of mind control an get the accumulated damage
  • maybe be able to control up to three target (new augment?)

Your idea for her second skill sounds good. But why blast damage? Radiation or Impact  would fit her theme better.

Why do you remove chaos ? It is her best skill now and works fine, so I don't see a reason to change it. Your 3rd Ability could be worked into her 4th Ability. And I would change the Damage of her 4th Ability to Radiation or Impact.

As a passive, your idea could be too good. So I vote for my idea I made on another thread :

Passive Mind Reading : As Nyx can read the minds of her enemies, she is able to predict their movements. 

• 5-10% Evasion
  • or because it is easier to concentrate on few minds rather than many 50% Evasion -5% per Enemy in 20-30m Radius (can go either to 0% or stay at a minimun 5/10%)
  • or to make it even more complex, it could also depend on type of attack (melee or ranged, as it is easier to dodge a sword then a bullet)

The damage type isn't important. It could be anything later on. In fact her 2 doesn't even need damage. I changed 3 because 2 is now a better CC. Her current 3 is no different from a mass radiation proc which is over shadowed by Loki's Radial Disarm. Her new 2 can actually compete with Octavia's Resonator carrying a Metronome now. Its main feature is to let her control her mind controlled army.

Her 3 is a actually a nuke that can compete with the old Molecular Prime mechanics that Nova had however you have to work for the damage as it scales with how many mind controlled enemies you have under you.

Her best ability is her 4 with the augment. Its why I didn't change it.

Her passive is not that OP when compared to waframes like Gara. Gara has a free Radial Blind that triggers all the time. My Nyx suggestion is similar to it but actually synergies with the kit.

erm... Chaos is generally considered her best ability, Ignoring augments its her signature ability... replacing it is not really on the table. additionally its generally better to "work with what you got" rather than replace as the jump from totally reworking an ability, to removing/combining/replacing one is an effective doubling of the the efforts involved.

54 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

erm... Chaos is generally considered her best ability, Ignoring augments its her signature ability... replacing it is not really on the table. additionally its generally better to "work with what you got" rather than replace as the jump from totally reworking an ability, to removing/combining/replacing one is an effective doubling of the the efforts involved.

Chaos is not her best ability. One of the reasons why Nyx is weak is because her abilities are over shadowed by existing abilities from other warframes. Loki's Irradiating Disarm does a better Chaos than Nyx's. own Chaos because it adds the disarm effect adding even more safety to his CC. Chaos is basically just mass radiation proc since Chaos'd enemies can still attack your squad. That's like Oberon's Hallowed Ground without the armor buff and status protection.and DoT.

Soon Vlad will be introduced who has a 1 that's 20x better than Nyx's 1. If Nyx is to keep up, her kit has to be changed or she'll be left outdated and old. Look at Limbo. His 2 AND 3 were completely replaced with a new ones and he's become really strong.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Chaos is not her best ability. One of the reasons why Nyx is weak is because her abilities are over shadowed by existing abilities from other warframes. Loki's Irradiating Disarm does a better Chaos than Nyx's. own Chaos because it adds the disarm effect adding even more safety to his CC. Chaos is basically just mass radiation proc since Chaos'd enemies can still attack your squad. That's like Oberon's Hallowed Ground without the armor buff and status protection.and DoT.

Soon Vlad will be introduced who has a 1 that's 20x better than Nyx's 1. If Nyx is to keep up, her kit has to be changed or she'll be left outdated and old. Look at Limbo. His 2 AND 3 were completely replaced with a new ones and he's become really strong.

other abilities being better doesnt make any specific ability on a frame less of a good ability when compaired to the rest of its kit..

yes, comparing Chaos to even Hallowed ground and Nyx falls short quite a bit... but in her Kit before augments Chaos does have the most useful effect. Mind Control barely does anything as does bolts, and before the augment Absorb is a general waste of energy that like Chaos is utterly outshone by similar abilities on other frames.

try not to confuse the two comparisons. And again, try and think of ways to expand on what is already there as there are options that fit the theme to expand on existing mechanics to produce far better results enough to stand against other similar abilities in a unique fashion. it really does annoy me how often people go straight for replacing an ability rather than actually REWORKING.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

15 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

other abilities being better doesnt make any specific ability on a frame less of a good ability when compaired to the rest of its kit..

yes, comparing Chaos to even Hallowed ground and Nyx falls short quite a bit... but in her Kit before augments Chaos does have the most useful effect. Mind Control barely does anything as does bolts, and before the augment Absorb is a general waste of energy that like Chaos is utterly outshone by similar abilities on other frames.

try not to confuse the two comparisons. And again, try and think of ways to expand on what is already there as there are options that fit the theme to expand on existing mechanics to produce far better results enough to stand against other similar abilities in a unique fashion. it really does annoy me how often people go straight for replacing an ability rather than actually REWORKING.

Because the abilities don't work.

There are 3 concepts to what makes a good warframe. Survivability, CC and DPS. Survivability is already in her 4 so I didn't change that. I placed her CC in her 2 and I gave damage to her 3. If a warframe performs well in 2 out of 3 of these concepts, the become "modern" warframes. Anything less and they're outdated.

Mind Control

Mind control does not need to go back to its old form of allies being able to kill the target, it was annoying back then to take over a target to just watch it die a second later by another Tenno. Being able to cast it on multiple enemies is ok as long as you can still cast the ability again to end the duration prematurely otherwise it'll be nothing but a hindrance in some mission types. Also needs to be line of sight as being able to cast it on an enemy you cant see is silly and can cause problems to the rest of your team. 

Psychic Bolts

The interaction with Mind Control would be good and forcing all other enemies in a set range (not effected by range mods) to attack the affected target is great. With the limit of only one target though this ability should be her first ability while Mind Control becomes her second. Still needs to be line of sight for Nyx. Changing the damage type no comment on that.

Cascade

No need for this at all. Chaos is her ability and should focus on making it better for example. As of now they prioritize other enemies unless you get to close so making it so they see you and other Tenno as a friendly would make it better 

Absorb

Seems ok, kinda week suggestion to be honest. This ability doesn't really need much maybe an Impact proc on deactivation would seem good since it is an explosion of psychic energy being released its like there being assaulted in there mind.

Relinquish

Having an ability proc as her passive is to much. Her current passive could be better but definitely not what you proposed. Honestly don't know if it should be changed or not, i'll have a go at it though. Maybe enemies affected by her abilities have a chance to drop there loot if they do they will not drop anything on death.

Just my thoughts on this. Try not to take it personal and use it to build your ideas. :3

1 hour ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Because the abilities don't work.

There are 3 concepts to what makes a good warframe. Survivability, CC and DPS. Survivability is already in her 4 so I didn't change that. I placed her CC in her 2 and I gave damage to her 3. If a warframe performs well in 2 out of 3 of these concepts, the become "modern" warframes. Anything less and they're outdated.

a warframe doesn't need a "DPS" ability to be good.. Harrow has no DPS abilities nor does Loki.

her 4 isnt really intended to give any surviability at all, just immobilizes her with a needlessly complicated damage absorbtion mechanic for a explosion mechanic. its not until you add the augment that its any good and on its own its extremely lackluster due to old balancing mechanics that no longer have any relevance. Yes with the augment it becomes a togglable god mode that sacrifices mobility for invulnerability but without the augment its a total mess.. try focusing your DPS desires onto Absorb.

Chaos does work. its just in need of touching up... if you want damage, use the Psychic link trope where affected enemies share damage via a damage link. Damage to a enemy is duplicated on all chaos affected enemies (with some % alterations to balance it). Also furthering the Threat level increase would be hugely beneficial.

10 hours ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Here's my suggestion for a rework to Nyx's kit.

1) Mind Control (25 Energy)
- Cast on an enemy target and makes the enemy fight for you like a specter for 30 seconds.
- But unlike specters, you can still damage and kill them.
- There is no limit to the number of enemies Nyx can Mind Control at a time but since its limited by duration, eventually it will cap on its own.

2) Psychic Bolt (50 Energy)
- Cast on an enemy target and deals 200 blast damage.
- An enemy hit by Psychic bolt will have a 10m AoE for 30 seconds that forces aggro from all other enemies in it.
- Aggro'd enemies CANNOT target anything else other than the affected enemy.
- If you have any Mind Controlled enemies, they automatically aggro to the enemy affected by Psychic Bolt regardless of their distance to the affected enemy allowing Nyx to literally take command of her mind controlled army.
- Only one target can be under the influence of Psychic Bolt and casting on another target switches the aggro field to the newest target.

3) Cascade (75 Energy)
- Nyx emits a psychic pulse with an AoE range of 10m from her position.
- Enemies caught in the AoE are dealt 800 blast damage and are knocked down due to the 100% chance blast proc.
- Each enemy under the effect of Mind Control will also emit a 10m AoE pulse that deals 400 blast damage to itself and all other enemies caught in its AoE.
- If enough Mind Controlled enemies are clustered together, a sizable amount of cascading chain reaction damage can be achieved.
- Enemies killed by this ability will have a special head exploding death animation. (If they have a head.)
- Augment is changed to Dominating Cascade where all enemies hit by the original pulse from Nyx will be Mind Controlled with a 10/20/30 second duration.

4) Absorb
- No change.
- All Mind Controlled enemies will be dealt equal damage whenever the Absorb field takes damage.

5) Relinquish (Passive)
- Once every 30 seconds, all enemies within 10m of Nyx each has a 50% chance to be Mind Controlled for 15 seconds.

1) you still can damage your MC target still the damage just gonna take effect at the end of the MC, why would you want to damage the target you are CCing?

1) already last 30sec once max rank.

1) that I aggree to be limited to one target is stupid, specialy when revenant next warframe gonna do pretty much the same to many thralls.

I came here to make suggestion about Nyx changes and saw your post so I might just put mine 5c in here instead of making another post.

I got 2 main issue with nyx,

primarly there is not synergy between abilities.... 1st override 3rd, and 1st is overriden by radiation proc, 4th require targets to attack you but 1st make target NOT attack you and 3rd just make them attack each others, so there is not glue between all her abilities.

Moreover the 2nd ability can pretty much end up doing the same as the 3rd, since it has 50% radiation proc chance with a 60m range.

my idea was to simply merge chaos and psychic bolts into a single ability, since psychic bolt cannot be targetted and is totally random lets just call it chaos bolt.

well I think I might just start another post instead of canibalizing your.

8 hours ago, Jeanperson said:

1) you still can damage your MC target still the damage just gonna take effect at the end of the MC, why would you want to damage the target you are CCing?

1) already last 30sec once max rank.

1) that I aggree to be limited to one target is stupid, specialy when revenant next warframe gonna do pretty much the same to many thralls.

I came here to make suggestion about Nyx changes and saw your post so I might just put mine 5c in here instead of making another post.

I got 2 main issue with nyx,

primarly there is not synergy between abilities.... 1st override 3rd, and 1st is overriden by radiation proc, 4th require targets to attack you but 1st make target NOT attack you and 3rd just make them attack each others, so there is not glue between all her abilities.

Moreover the 2nd ability can pretty much end up doing the same as the 3rd, since it has 50% radiation proc chance with a 60m range.

my idea was to simply merge chaos and psychic bolts into a single ability, since psychic bolt cannot be targetted and is totally random lets just call it chaos bolt.

well I think I might just start another post instead of canibalizing your.

Yeah that's true. That's one of the things I was targeting with the Nyx kit rebalance. Its like Titania's kit. Not only do they lack synergy but they work against each other. Absorb scales if enemies damage you but Chaos minimizes enemies from targeting you. Chaos over shadows Mind Control and any radiation proc over shadows both 1 and 3.

I think people should start learning to think outside of the box with these old warframes.

Chaos is the signature of nyx. cmon.

I would enjoy to see this skill dealing random effects on each enemy and bring CHAOS to the next lvl in the battlefield

Paranoia - Enemy atk closest target (as rad proc)
 Despair - they are BLINDED by "nightmares" and visions they don't want to see
 Coma - they fall asleep on the floor as dead bodies and don't wake up until duration ends
 Terror - they run like nekros 2nd, but randomly
 Schizophrenia - they shoot imaginary targets that don't "exist" (on the floor or airborne too).

beat me. and I don't even have a nyx yet.

41 minutes ago, Malravoc said:

Chaos is the signature of nyx. cmon.

I would enjoy to see this skill dealing random effects on each enemy and bring CHAOS to the next lvl in the battlefield

Paranoia - Enemy atk closest target (as rad proc)
 Despair - they are BLINDED by "nightmares" and visions they don't want to see
 Coma - they fall asleep on the floor as dead bodies and don't wake up until duration ends
 Terror - they run like nekros 2nd, but randomly
 Schizophrenia - they shoot imaginary targets that don't "exist" (on the floor or airborne too).

beat me. and I don't even have a nyx yet.

Signature or otherwise, its currently outclassed by existing abilities and is going to be outclassed when Vlad comes out. The only thing I could think of is it makes enemies be unable to target warframes and only target each other. Eliminating the AI threat rating computation altogether. But then it makes Mind Control obsolete. You have a warframe that has multiple CC abilities and not enough diversity in the kit. Let alone synergy.

1 hour ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Yeah that's true. That's one of the things I was targeting with the Nyx kit rebalance. Its like Titania's kit. Not only do they lack synergy but they work against each other. Absorb scales if enemies damage you but Chaos minimizes enemies from targeting you. Chaos over shadows Mind Control and any radiation proc over shadows both 1 and 3.

I think people should start learning to think outside of the box with these old warframes.

I made my suggestion there:

tell me what you think.

it's a pretty different direction from your suggestion I think.

Still we had the same idea of making psychic bolts generate aggro and redirect it to the MC target, my original Idea was to make 1 instead of MCing the target make it the focus of other target thus transfering Nyx aggro to it, thus 2 would generate threat for nyx or the target of 1, still after tinking more about it I tried to make some sense out of the radiation relation with mind-control, so it ended up in that version.

Since I merged 2 and 3 as I said here before then I had to find something else for 3 and I find 4 to be hard to justify that damage absorption with radiation or any psychic concept, moreover that it deal magnetic damage, I thought is would fit more Mag be as an after thought I think that would even fit more Nova since well that ability just look like a supernova blast and nova deal with antimatter and space warp(3) so it would be easy to justify damage absorption and release back in a nova blast wave; also her 1 already provide dam redux from particles that strike back to deal damage, look akin to the absorb 4 of nyx.

Still I changed Nyx 4 so to be more about absorbing all elemental effect in the area and then blast it out. so that would give so usefulness in a group for her that would litterally remove aoe of elemental source and status effect on allies(and enemies) but will not affect physical damage so not affect bleed and such.

in a way it buff it vs element but nerf it vs physical source, it doesn't require to be attacked anymore and would synergize with others abilities better this way imo.

My idea was to make her more of a mind controler and bringer of confusion and deception so it ended up into giving her a stealth variante of ability, not based on invisibility but on confusion and mind controling other to see you as one of them, still it would cause cumulative low radiation damage and proc status chance so would force Nyx to avoid stacking debuff on enemies otherwise they gonna turn against Nyx and cancel the "deceiving" stealth, or just stack it as much as possible to after absorb it with your 4th.

Edited by Jeanperson

11 hours ago, Keiga150 said:

Cascade

No need for this at all. Chaos is her ability and should focus on making it better for example. As of now they prioritize other enemies unless you get to close so making it so they see you and other Tenno as a friendly would make it better 

I don't know why people see chaos as a distinct ability from psychic bolts and signature of nyx, if 2 would have 100% status proc instead of 50% and a way to increase amount of bolt with lets say abilities range, then in the end it would be the same result.