The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An option to always host/ never host

HeartPurity

It has always been up my mind when I first started playing Warframe a few years ago, some hosts got really bad connection, thus really wish there is an option for us to always host, if no one joins, I don't mind solo rather than joining a host who instantly disconnect or lag. 

Today, I saw this thread on Reddit, this player asked for an option to "Never Host". Thus, it brought me here to give feedback to what many of us are looking for. An option for us to select whether to never host or always host. Below is what he said in his thread:

I wish I could tick a box that said "Never let me be host"

"Please DE... I have an upload speed of about 0.1Mb/s, and if I actually try to use it my download drops to about the same. Me hosting is the same as aborting the mission from everyone else's point of view as ping goes through the roof and the game becomes unplayable. Please just let me turn off the ability to host."

That would nice feature but on the other hand why won't they just allow dedicated hosting for rewards? We can host conclave - would be nice if we could host other things - like sanctuary onslaught for example. My pc is turned on 24/7 so i can pretty much host at least 12 hours. 

Edited by RailG1rl

Just now, RailG1rl said:

Why won't they just allow dedicated hosting for rewards? We can host conclave - would be nice if we could host other things - like onslaught for example. 

allowing clients to host anything related to reward drops is a very bad idea

19 minutes ago, RailG1rl said:

That would nice feature but on the other hand why won't they just allow dedicated hosting for rewards? We can host conclave - would be nice if we could host other things - like sanctuary onslaught for example. My pc is turned on 24/7 so i can pretty much host at least 12 hours. 

That will result in 1000 hosts and 2 players.....

Yes please, altho a "host if possible" whould be better instead of "always host" else in less populated nodes you'd never find people if everyone wants to host.

i have an extreamly good internet connection, with less then 1ms to my isp since im basicly living next door and a bunch of unused upload capacity. i dont mind playing with 60-100ms sometimes, but anything above turns the game into a terrible experience and usually makes me leave the group imidiatly. doors dont open, switching into operator for a quick airdash is basicly impossible since there's often a 2+ second delay before it spawns etc, you know the problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Another option, before the match/game starts a test of some sort is run and the one with the best connection is made host. Or, DE starts to add a file to everyone's login showing an average connection or lag score and this is used to determine the host.

You know I get that concepts

But the game autodetects the fastest connections....sooo when people are getting yanked...that's a synch error not always because of connection.

And if people could always choose to host or not host.....then we would all start seeing the exact same cheats used in a few other games.

I shudder to think about seeing the lag shadow thing someone did in another game happen in this game.

Its why destiny gets hacked super bad.